Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM

Stephanos,

I said I did not know if you were a wolf or just a man that was messed up a little bit, but you are one of the other. I spent a lot of that post talking about my old pastor that was messed up on a few things but was a good man that loved God and worked hard for the Lord. He was saved and a good man. I said you may be the same way. You can take that post as you may, if you read the post that is? I doubt you did read it, if you did I was defending some people that have a few problems but that do the best they can. I did say I do not know if you are a wolf or not, but that I would not let you near the chicken house.

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

I said I did not know if you were a wolf or just a man that was messed up a little bit, but you are one of the other. I spent a lot of that post talking about my old pastor that was messed up on a few things but was a good man that loved God and worked hard for the Lord. He was saved and a good man. I said you may be the same way. You can take that post as you may, if you read the post that is? I doubt you did read it, if you did I was defending some people that have a few problems but that do the best they can. I did say I do not know if you are a wolf or not, but that I would not let you near the chicken house.

Atlas
You don't have to guess about who I am, nor about whom I serve Atlas. I want to make things very clear. There are two things I know and believe, that govern my whole life. First, that my sins are forgive because of what Christ Jesus did on calvary (and three days later). Second, that the King James Bible is the inerrant, and preserved Word of God. I don't believe in any funky weirdness like some groups do. I am Mennonite, but in my defense I am reading "One Book Rightly Divided" to get a better understanding of what you all defend and believe so fiercely, since I've percieved from the very beginning that you all value those that 'study to show thyself aproved'. I will also add that a lot of what I've read in this book I agree with. There are some points made in this book that I think are very loose theories that aren't any stronger than other theories I've heard/read. When I finish the book I'll share my thoughts on what I've read. Onward, I didn't come here with any agenda. I think I made myself clear early on when I said that the reason I came here was to find fellowship among those that do believe as I do about the King James Bible.

You think I'm a mild WWJD'er, which would be partially correct. The truth is is that I'm a What Would Jesus have me Do'er. I'm not God, and cannot take on that role, but I am called for a purpose, that is, His purpose.

Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 2:10 (KJV) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I LOVE the strength of doctrine among IFB Christians, but it does concern me that I so rarely see among some (again, not all) a complete lack of humility, meekness, and charity towards the brethren. We all have to pick and choose our battles, and I for one admit I've picked a few on these forums I shouldn't have. But this defense I make for charity is one that is important to me, and I feel it should be important for all who strive to live a life well pleasing to the Lord.

Colossians 3:12-17 (KJV) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

So I ask you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, please don't get me wrong Atlas. I know I am often wrong, but please look past the heat of this threads discussion and see my true motive.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 10-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Staph,

I see you are still around and not one of those who got banned. I also see the you still have my Lord carrying the cross. Do you even understand some of our post? Also here you are again giving encouragement to false doctrine.

And no I am not misspelling your name.

Renee
Dear Renee, I didn't realize you were offended by the image of Christ in my avatar. Sorry it took so long for me to realize this. I do not wish to offend one of the brethren when I can avoid it. Especially over something like this that isn't worth making a fuss over. I've changed my avatar to accomodate your unspoken wishes.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 10-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Stephanos,

I will make a post called " Dispensational Charts by Clarence Larkin " just for you it may help you a little on this issue. It will help you see what we are always talking about. It will also help you see what C.I. Scofield is saying.

I am not opposed to you. I do however wonder why you seem to agree with every new odd ball that comes by, this is my point to you. My old pastor never sided with odd balls and cultist against folks that believed the Bible but differed with him on a few issues. He always stood with Bible believers opposed to false teachers and cultist. This is my problem with you. This is what I was talking about in the " mini WWJD " comment.

Atlas
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

I will make a post called " Dispensational Charts by Clarence Larkin " just for you it may help you a little on this issue. It will help you see what we are always talking about. It will also help you see what C.I. Scofield is saying.

I am not opposed to you. I do however wonder why you seem to agree with every new odd ball that comes by, this is my point to you. My old pastor never sided with odd balls and cultist against folks that believed the Bible but differed with him on a few issues. He always stood with Bible believers opposed to false teachers and cultist. This is my problem with you. This is what I was talking about in the " mini WWJD " comment.

Atlas
Fair enough. I can see how it would appear that I stick up for certain aberrant types. This isn't intentional. When I saw this thread when it was young I didn't realize Doxa wasn't a regular here. I thought I had seen her name come up a at least a few times, and didn't remember it being in threads with questionable content. I should have looked into her previous threads before siding with her in her original objection.

I have all of Clarence Larkin's dispensational charts. I would like to get his book (I forget the title), but it'll have to wait till I finish Stauffer's.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-09-2008, 03:28 AM

Hi Stephanos,

Thank you very much, that is certainly a much better avatar. I guess with my Cathoilc background it really stuck in my craw to see my Lord suffering still when indeed He is sitting at the right hand Of the Father. Perhaps now, even though I don't believe the same as you on a lot of things, I can read your posts without being so disappointed in some of the things I read.

Once again, thank you very much for removing such an eyesore.

Renee
Old 10-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I just saw the post on the visitation and miracles and tongues... Just for the record, I didn't realize she was into those things. I don't support or condone those groups that do. My points I made do remain. I saw this whole thread as another "heretic hunt" which is all to common around here, when I didn't have all the facts about Doxa. I'm not saying she's a heretic, but I am saying I don't agree with everything she believes. I simply agree that if love for the brethren is lacking, that it is a most sure sign that something else is lacking...
Brother Stephen. Personally, I truly receive your reminder to "love one another as Christ has loved us", but we must also remember the Words of God concerning this specific matter. I agree with you that we should be as Christ Jesus, meek, even when dealing with error. Thanks for your encouragement.

Romans 16:17 warns, “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

2 Thessalonians 3:5-6 says, “And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.”

I personally, along with others, believe that Doxa's erroneous doctrine is a deviation from sound rule and order and departs from what we've learned in the Word of God. Her teaching has also caused some division. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brother Stephen. Personally, I truly receive your reminder to "love one another as Christ has loved us", but we must also remember the Words of God concerning this specific matter. I agree with you that we should be as Christ Jesus, meek, even when dealing with error. Thanks for your encouragement.

Romans 16:17 warns, “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

2 Thessalonians 3:5-6 says, “And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.”

I personally, along with others, believe that Doxa's erroneous doctrine is a deviation from sound rule and order and departs from what we've learned in the Word of God. Her teaching has also caused some division. Wouldn't you agree?
Yeah, I would agree. I'm sorry to have fanned the flames like I did. I also appreciate that you see that I wasn't just trying to do just that, but that I initially just wanted to balance things out, since I percieved that things were going to go south (like they did, and without my understanding that it was inevitable).

Thank you Forrest.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 10-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Stephanos& "discernment"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Galatians 6:1 (KJV) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

"This spirit of meekness is totally absent in many here, not all, but many. I'm not here to defend everything Doxa has said. Please don't imply that that is why I am here. I am here to show love for her, since I completely understand why she is voicing her opinion.

George, and wife. Your words cannot hurt me anymore. I keep my eyes on JESUS, and you will not cause me to faulter.

Atlas, you don't know me brother. You don't know my struggles, and my motives. Please don't make me your enemy because I choose to take a stand for charity, and against those that make sport out of people on these forums."

Peace and Love,
Stephen

EDIT: I just saw the post on the visitation and miracles and tongues... Just for the record, I didn't realize she was into those things. I don't support or condone those groups that do. My points I made do remain. I saw this whole thread as another "heretic hunt" which is all to common around here, when I didn't have all the facts about Doxa. I'm not saying she's a heretic, but I am saying I don't agree with everything she believes. I simply agree that if love for the brethren is lacking, that it is a most sure sign that something else is lacking...
Stephen,

Your Post is instructive of someone who lacks "spiritual discernment" (I say this as kindly as I can and without malice). Soon after Doxa joined the Forum , my wife and I both suspected by 09/09/08 that she might be "Connie" returning under another name.

Why is that so? Because of the "content" of her Posts (check them out) and her "attitude" and "conduct" on the Forum. Also, because we have been Christians for a lot longer than many (yourself included) brethren on this Forum.

Having attended at least a dozen churches in 50 years, and having dealt with all kinds of "Christians" in those years has given us some insight and discernment that younger Christians may not have.

I have given you advise in the past, and I am going to give you a little bit more now:

Your emphasis on "LOVE" is misplaced. God is far more concerned with TRUTH than He is "Love":

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Very simply put: There is NOTHING in the entire Universe that is above the NAME OF OUR HOLY GOD - BUT, He has MAGNIFIED HIS WORD ABOVE HIS NAME! {Now I don't magnify God's word above His name - But God does!}. Which means that there is NOTHING in the entire Universe that God thinks more of than His HOLY WORD! {And that includes "LOVE", "PEACE", or "UNITY" or any thing else that man may choose to embrace above His truth.}

Your desire to "love" the brethren is both admirable and proper. But, you first have to know whether someone is a brother or sister in Christ. We are not to treat heretics, false prophets (or "prophetesses"), false teachers, and those "Christians" who would "divide" us (false "brethren"?), the same as we are to treat "genuine" brethren.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
{There's the HOLINESS OF GOD - for all to see!}

THE BIBLE’S DESCRIPTION OF GOD

God is a Tri-Part Being – Body, Soul, Spirit (Substance)
The substantive attributes of God are-God is: Eternal = I AM

Self Existing[without beginning or end of existence]Immortal-Perpetual-Unchangeable

Omniscient(All-Knowing - All-Seeing.)

Omnipotent(All Powerful – Unlimited Power.)

Omnipresent(Everywhere - Present in all places at the same time)

God possesses a Heart and a Mind (Faculties)
The moral attributes of God are - God is: Holy

Holy (Perfectly PureSacred) {Holiness is God’s primary moral attribute}

Just(Righteous, Principled, Upright, Equitable, Impartial)
Truth(True, Genuine, Faithful, Honest, Veracity, Fidelity)
Love(Benevolence, Good Will, Charitable)
Mercy(Grace, Pardon, Compassionate, Pitiful)

Before God's "LOVE", comes God's HOLINESS; JUSTICE; and TRUTH! {God's Holiness and Justice demands payment for SIN! God's MERCY and LOVE provided the payment! And it's through hearing God's TRUTH that we are saved.} If God's primary attribute was LOVE, then all He would have to is "forgive" everyone (in "love") and be done with it, but God's Holiness will not allow Him to do that.

There is a very difficult "balance" that each of us as Christians are faced with in our walk with God. If we emphasis the truth (without "love"), we can become "doctrinaire" and "Pharisaical" {that's my "danger"}; on the other hand, if we emphasis "love" above the truth we will fail to discern between good and evil and eventually compromise God's Holy word {that's your "danger"}. It's good for us to be aware of our weaknesses and tendencies and to be on guard against them.

I hope you will take this under advisement, and consider that it was not given in malice or anger. I believe that a large part of my ministry is to try to "edify" the brethren, and this advise is meant for your edification and not for your destruction.

Last edited by George; 10-09-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Stephen,

Your Post is instructive of someone who lacks "spiritual discernment" (I say this as kindly as I can and without malice). Soon after Doxa joined the Forum , my wife and I both suspected by 09/09/08 that she might be "Connie" returning under another name.

Why is that so? Because of the "content" of her Posts (check them out) and her "attitude" and "conduct" on the Forum. Also, because we have been Christians for a lot longer than many (yourself included) brethren on this Forum.

Having attended at least a dozen churches in 50 years, and having dealt with all kinds of "Christians" in those years has given us some insight and discernment that younger Christians may not have.

I have given you advise in the past, and I am going to give you a little bit more now:

Your emphasis on "LOVE" is misplaced. God is far more concerned with TRUTH than He is "Love":

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Very simply put: There is NOTHING in the entire Universe that is above the NAME OF OUR HOLY GOD - BUT, He has MAGNIFIED HIS WORD ABOVE HIS NAME! {Now I don't magnify God's word above His name - But God does!}. Which means that there is NOTHING in the entire Universe that God thinks more of than His HOLY WORD! {And that includes "LOVE", "PEACE", or "UNITY" or any thing else that man may choose to embrace above His truth.}

Your desire to "love" the brethren is both admirable and proper. But, you first have to know whether someone is a brother or sister in Christ. We are not to treat heretics, false prophets (or "prophetesses"), false teachers, and those "Christians" who would "divide" us (false "brethren"?), the same as we are to treat "genuine" brethren.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
{There's the HOLINESS OF GOD - for all to see!}

THE BIBLE’S DESCRIPTION OF GOD

God is a Tri-Part Being – Body, Soul, Spirit (Substance)
The substantive attributes of God are-God is: Eternal = I AM

Self Existing[without beginning or end of existence]Immortal-Perpetual-Unchangeable

Omniscient(All-Knowing - All-Seeing.)

Omnipotent(All Powerful – Unlimited Power.)

Omnipresent(Everywhere - Present in all places at the same time)

God possesses a Heart and a Mind (Faculties)
The moral attributes of God are - God is: Holy

Holy (Perfectly PureSacred) {Holiness is God’s primary moral attribute}

Just(Righteous, Principled, Upright, Equitable, Impartial)
Truth(True, Genuine, Faithful, Honest, Veracity, Fidelity)
Love(Benevolence, Good Will, Charitable)
Mercy(Grace, Pardon, Compassionate, Pitiful)

Before God's "LOVE", comes God's HOLINESS; JUSTICE; and TRUTH! {God's Holiness and Justice demands payment for SIN! God's MERCY and LOVE provided the payment! And it's through hearing God's TRUTH that we are saved.} If God's primary attribute was LOVE, then all He would have to is "forgive" everyone (in "love") and be done with it, but God's Holiness will not allow Him to do that.

There is a very difficult "balance" that each of us as Christians are faced with in our walk with God. If we emphasis the truth (without "love"), we can become "doctrinaire" and "Pharisaical" {that's my "danger"}; on the other hand, if we emphasis "love" above the truth we will fail to discern between good and evil and eventually compromise God's Holy word {that's your "danger"}. It's good for us to be aware of our weaknesses and tendencies and to be on guard against them.

I hope you will take this under advisement, and consider that it was not given in malice or anger. I believe that a large part of my ministry is to try to "edify" the brethren, and this advise is meant for your edification and not for your destruction.
Thank you George. I really do appreciate this. I agree with everything you've said here. Balance is something I've always struggled to find. I appreciate brethren such as yourself who can help a young Christian such as myself see things from a different perspective (and thankfully a more mature and well founded perspective).

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen