Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Here Am I - "My Mistake"

Aloha sister Here Am I,

So sorry for the mistake. It was a slip of the mind - not intentional. I saw it later on, but it was already too late to correct it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks you for your testimony. I can tell from your Posts that you are well grounded in the Scriptures and I personally welcome your comments and possible criticisms.

If I may seem harsh to some people at times, it's because I have a low tolerance for leaven and false doctrine. And, since I have been around (as a Christian) longer than most of the people on this Forum, I have seen "Christians" commit practically every sin in "The Book" (with the exception of murder).

I have seen and heard "Christians" lie, deceive, defraud, cheat, steal, distort, intimidate, coerce, force, hate, swear, commit both fornication & adultery (not with my eyes of course!), and give false witness.

I have observed "Christians" who are covetous, lascivious, proud, foolish, and blasphemous.

On several occasions I have both seen and heard "Christian" wives spurn every attempt at reconciliation with their husbands, and who have proceeded to divorce them in the face of God's clear prohibition [Mt. 19:6; Mr. 10:9].

I have seen "Christian" men who are drunks, who refuse to repent and turn away from their sins and turn unto God.

I know of a "Christian" man (who was once my friend) that committed suicide just a few years ago.

We Christians are a "mixed bag" at best. We Christians (in the Western World) are just like the church at Corinth (CARNAL & SELF-WILLED). That is why I & II Corinthians are so appropriate for us today. You couldn't find a church in all of Paul's letters that was as fleshly and messed up as the Corinthian church.

We Christians have a problem:"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" [Jeremiah 17:9] We think that this verse only applies to the lost or to some other "Christians" - but certainly not us!

None of this "rant" is directed at you sister. It's just that there are some "Christians" out there who are naive and oblivious to the truth. Who think the Christian life is just "a bed of roses" or that we should be "tiptoeing through the tulips" from here on in; when the harsh reality is - we aren't any better than the lost and no more deserving of God's love than them. Thank God for His mercy and His grace that has been extended towards those of us who have believed the Gospel. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift - The Lord Jesus Christ!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Sister, I believe that the term 'bishop' is used sometimes instead of pastor.

I have found out that just because a word does not appear in the Bible, does not mean the concept does not exist. For example, the word "rapture" does not appear in the Bible, but that does not mean that it's false doctrine. There are many verses that teach of that concept.

Aloha sister Here Am I,

If you want to see a living, breathing, actual example (illustration) of a "Sophist" - all you have to do is read Doxa's Posts! She is the "perfect example" of a Humanist/Sophist.

2 Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

It's not only: "men of corrupt minds," These verses apply to women also!

But not to you sister Here Am I.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 PM

That's why I worded it the way I did Doxa. I've been in meeting where the Lord "showed up", "came down" and such, but I've never heard anyone say the Lord came in a manifestation. Of coarse the Lord's resence can be strong, and even felt at times. It seemed like you were saying he showed Himslef or something.

So, how exactly did he "manifest" Himself?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister Here Am I,

So sorry for the mistake. It was a slip of the mind - not intentional. I saw it later on, but it was already too late to correct it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks you for your testimony. I can tell from your Posts that you are well grounded in the Scriptures and I personally welcome your comments and possible criticisms.
Thank you, brother, for your kind words. I've been encouraged by many of the brethren here (and 'sistern', too).

I have been blessed with good mentoring since I was born again, by being shown from the start the truth of God's word, the Authorized Version.

I also was introduced to some good Bible teachers, such as brothers Ruckman, Peacock, Knox, Melton, Grady and Riplinger, to name a few.

Quote:
If I may seem harsh to some people at times, it's because I have a low tolerance for leaven and false doctrine. And, since I have been around (as a Christian) longer than most of the people on this Forum, I have seen "Christians" commit practically every sin in "The Book" (with the exception of murder).
I've seen enough on forum message boards to really sicken me, and sadden my spirit. I've recently been on the receiving end of some really un-Christ-like behavior from people with whom I spent a number of years in fellowship at our old church. I understand, but I don't.

But they are only hurting themselves.

Quote:
We Christians are a "mixed bag" at best. We Christians (in the Western World) are just like the church at Corinth (CARNAL & SELF-WILLED). That is why I & II Corinthians are so appropriate for us today. You couldn't find a church in all of Paul's letters that was as fleshly and messed up as the Corinthian church.

We Christians have a problem:"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" [Jeremiah 17:9] We think that this verse only applies to the lost or to some other "Christians" - but certainly not us!

None of this "rant" is directed at you sister. It's just that there are some "Christians" out there who are naive and oblivious to the truth. Who think the Christian life is just "a bed of roses" or that we should be "tiptoeing through the tulips" from here on in; when the harsh reality is - we aren't any better than the lost and no more deserving of God's love than them. Thank God for His mercy and His grace that has been extended towards those of us who have believed the Gospel. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift - The Lord Jesus Christ!
Amen, brother. You are definitely preaching to the choir here.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Doxa

Default Josh

As of this message, I am taking a break from this forum as I am obeying my husband.
But I will answer you, but I won't be looking for your reply or anyone else's as I must stop for now.
But to answer your question. Indeed, many of us saw the glory of God particularly on the platform area in the sanctuary, it actually looked like a misty cloud at times elevated just above the platform. It was very faint, but very much amazing. (That church did not have anything special going on, like fancy music technology, just mixer microphones piano and that kind of thing, just basic church that would fit 400 or more easily.)
In front of the altar area it was so thick (not visually), one felt like they were walking through water, and it was like that, one could hardly walk fast around that area.
But it was so much more than that-- the things that we people were experiencing, and it was also the first time the Lord spoke to me in a loud voice (I thought other people heard it!). Sometime later, a number of us, including the pastor, smelled God, it was like true incense that I could feel in my throat. That church does not have incense, by the way.
And yet, I still could go on.
However, sadly, controlling spirits chased out and grieved the Holy Spirit.
And it was so traumatic to our congregation that a lot of us mourned for a long time...for what does one do when God's manifestation that came, leaves? The loss is great.
But then, God revealed to me all over again, that HE will never leave or forsake me.
JESUS IS SO VERY GOOD.
Around this time, we even had a young man who was found under a pew foaming at the mouth and was completely possessed. But some men took him into another room. As my husband was one and chooses to respond as Jesus would, my husband did not yell and scream, but prayed deliverance/peace over him. My husband always seems to do the right thing, as this man walked out like a man again who was doing much better.
I so very much adore and appreciate my husband.

So long for now.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM

I was going to write something here, but im truly stunned at that post.
God appeared in a cloud, he spoke (but only to Doxa) then everyone smelt him.
then a man was left under a pew foaming at the mouth.
I think its best you stay away from this forum and that is the best nudge your husband has given so far in all this debacle.
That is as Kundalini based as lakeland florida is, as was toronto airport. Familiar spirits.
That post has just made me shudder again. Completely stunned

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:22 PM

Guys,

Doxa's last post sure was a humdinger. What a way to go out is all I can say.

Atlas
Old 10-08-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Doxa wrote: I am obeying my husband.

My husband always seems to do the right thing...

I so very much adore and appreciate my husband.
That's the wisest thing I've read yet, Doxa. Great post!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Forum Administrator

Wow. Such deception. A misty cloud -- I could do that any number of ways in my back yard (complete with smell) and I wouldn't put it past the Benny Hinn types to pull stunts like that to extract a few more pennies from the congregation. So you saw the Holy Spirit some how defeated by "controlling spirits" in front of you? You are deceived! You are looking for a physical manifestation of the Spirit, when the Spirit resides in the believer!?

This is what happens when people don't rightly divide and seek signs and wonders, instead of walking by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

Since you have openly shared with us your husband's desire for you to not post here, I will close your account so you won't be tempted to.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Galatians 6:1 (KJV) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

This spirit of meekness is totally absent in many here, not all, but many. I'm not here to defend everything Doxa has said. Please don't imply that that is why I am here. I am here to show love for her, since I completely understand why she is voicing her opinion.

George, and wife. Your words cannot hurt me anymore. I keep my eyes on JESUS, and you will not cause me to faulter.

Atlas, you don't know me brother. You don't know my struggles, and my motives. Please don't make me your enemy because I choose to take a stand for charity, and against those that make sport out of people on these forums.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

EDIT: I just saw the post on the visitation and miracles and tongues... Just for the record, I didn't realize she was into those things. I don't support or condone those groups that do. My points I made do remain. I saw this whole thread as another "heretic hunt" which is all to common around here, when I didn't have all the facts about Doxa. I'm not saying she's a heretic, but I am saying I don't agree with everything she believes. I simply agree that if love for the brethren is lacking, that it is a most sure sign that something else is lacking...

Last edited by stephanos; 10-08-2008 at 09:50 PM.