Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brother POTW. Think about me brother, here in Texas. I usually enjoy a fresh cup of coffee while reading and posting. (Sorry, no Irish Cream!)

Enjoy that tea Brother George, we'll pray for you!

Aloha brother Forrest,

My wife enjoys a cup of coffee and I still enjoy the "aroma" (Go figure? ).

On a serious note: We are praying that "Ike" misses you completely - please let us know how you fair afterwards. We lost our houses and most of our belongings here on Kauai after Hurricane "Iwa" (Category 3) hit us in November 1982. We had just about recovered by 1992, when Hurricane "Iniki" hit us in September 1992 (Category 4-5 - depending where you lived).

"Iniki" completely devastated the Island and destroyed our 2 houses; garage; and greenhouses, etc. And again, we lost almost all of our belongings. We never really fully recovered (materially) from the storm, but, Praise God - He has always met all of our "needs", and losing nearly everything (material goods) has made me realize that I am just "passing through" this world, and how little "things" really mean - compared to my Lord; His word; my family; my friends; and my health.

I hope and pray that God spares you that experience brother, I know that you have had "trials" a plenty in the last few years.

May God bless and watch over you and yours always,
George Anderson
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Doxa

Default The Soul of God

Curious that the "Soul" of God was also mentioned here (above) and supported.
I saw something on the internet about the Soul of God, and it helped me greatly. However, I must confess--the writer had other material on a website that he claimed was of God and it was so clearly bad and not.
So taking what he said very carefully, I must admit the concept of the Uncreated Soul of God versus of course the created soul of man and all the rest that was said was indeed interesting and had a lot of Scripture support.
What impressed me much was the statement that the great "I Am" has One Soul and that same Soul resided in Jesus the Son.
It was also said in a very deep Scripture supported way that when Jesus died on the cross---well, it talked about when Jesus said that in order for the Holy Ghost to come, HE had to leave. This concept made me understand why Jesus said this and it pertained to HIS death on the cross.
It was stated that when we see the Holy Ghost we are actually seeing the Image of the One Spirit of Jesus, which is the Human Spirit/Divine Spirit, The One Soul of God as well, and the Divine Spirit of the Father.

The only thing that does not make sense in all of this per what this writer wrote was the confusing omission of how Jesus rose again; this did not make sense in light of what was written by this writer. For Jesus Himself said, destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up (John 2:19-21) and also some other verses where Jesus talked about Him being given authority to raise it up again, etc.
In light of those verses, I can't quite figure out this marvelous happening. It does not agree with what that writer I speak of wrote. So there is a loophole in his writing.

I guess it always comes down to what Paul called the mystery of Godliness, how can God die on the cross, but God did die on the cross. This is one of the great awesome mysteries.

It would be trying to figure out why shortly after Revelation begins, the Son is no longer called the Son much, but prominately the Lamb. It appears to be a transition in titles.

But I just want to say that JESUS does mean Saviour, and yes, some Bible footnotes say JESUS means Lord is Salvation, but regardless, if you read Isaiah it is stated some times, such as Is 43:10-11 that there is no other God, He is the Only Saviour. I read years ago someone did a count in the Old Testament and discovered about 70 similar declarations that God made pertaining to this, that He was the Only One, or Only God or Only Saviour or something like that.

Also, speaking of a Tri-une God...Jesus wanted us to be baptized in a three-fold God Matthew 28:19, but is that all there is to God? The God that fills the whole universe, the 44 or so manifestations of God in the OT, or the Seven Spirits of God mentioned in Revelations?

Previously, when I mentioned that Jesus said in the Book of John that if you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father, basically Jesus said that the Father was in Him and He was in the Father, etc. etc. I can mention various verses where Jesus said something like this.
What I don't understand is how can you all claim I am venturing into heresy if I mention what Jesus said?
The truth is, are you denying Scripture because it does not suit you?
But if I mention the Bible, why are you upset?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
The only thing that does not make sense in all of this per what this writer wrote was the confusing omission of how Jesus rose again; this did not make sense in light of what was written by this writer. For Jesus Himself said, destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up (John 2:19-21) and also some other verses where Jesus talked about Him being given authority to raise it up again, etc.

The truth is, are you denying Scripture because it does not suit you?
But if I mention the Bible, why are you upset?
Do you believe the Scripture?

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up" (John 2:19).

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," (Ephesians 1:17-20).

I lovingly and tenderly admonish you to put the books of men down, take your Bible, and rightly divide the Word of truth.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:17 AM

Hi Doxa

I will second that advice from Forrest, I had a lot of books with what "men" had written regarding the LORD Jesus Christ and his name, his ministry, and his mission. Books written about the Deity of Christ and what "men" had interpreted from the bible, until one day while visiting my Grandfather I happened to mention a quote from one of these "men" and my Grandfather asked me where I had got that statement from, after a brief explanation he in LOVE admonished me to put down what someone else had discovered, or claimed to have discovered about the personage of the LORD Jesus Christ and "search the scriptures" for my own truth.
Anything you don't understand PRAY that the LORD opens your eyes and heart to that truth and in due time, maybe piece by piece you will begin to understand mysteries that lie in between the rightly divided Word, I know that prayer has led me into some amazing truth regarding my understanding of God's word, and I know that because I have diligently sought the truth under guidance of the Holy Ghost and not clouded my judgement with mens philosophy, The LORD has blessed me with truth.
Man since the Beginning of time have been instructed to Preach and Teach God's Word, not add in their own ideas

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

In the Book you hold the KJB, there is nothing that can be added by man to change its meaning or the outcome of the revelation. Its ALL there from the moment it was penned until the moment it is fulfilled.

Ecc 1:9-10
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

------------------------------------------

Forrest Brother, You are most certainly another that I could sit down over a cuppa and set the world to rights with, but like George said this forum will have to do until we all meet in the Kingdom of Heaven

God Bless,
And We are praying here that the Hurricane misses you and God's hand is upon you.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 PM

Doxa

Quoted by George in post #15

Quote:
When you start "meditating" on the Godhead - you must be very familiar with the Holy Scriptures or else you will venture out into "heresy".
Quote:
What I don't understand is how can you all claim I am venturing into heresy if I mention what Jesus said?
One must be careful when one reads ideas into other people's words. Above is a good example, George said, "or else you will venture out into "heresy".

He did not say you were venturing into heresy.

Be sure of what you read before you form an opinion, you may be putting words in people's mouth.

This is especially true about the Bible, if you are not sure about a matter, it is much better to lay it at the Lord's feet and let Him show it to you in His own time. Gather the information (all you think you need) sleep and pray on it, If you don't get it God may not be ready to reveal it to you. Every truth in the Bible must be believed by faith. God's time may not be ours, also there are many mysteries you and I may never fully understand. If we worry too much about one, we may never learn about others.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Hi Folks,

As is known, my view here is uncommon, and I try to avoid doctrinal battles with my wonderful brethren who uphold God's pure and perfect word. I will put in a minor point, or counterpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa8
Also, I read something very interesting some recent months about The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost having the one and the same SOUL.
That sounds a bit unusual, and I find that quite difficult, I do not see how it could harmonize well with any Messiahology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa8
It would be like asking, IS JESUS IN THE GODHEAD or IS THE GODHEAD IN JESUS.
Which is the title of a short book, one I liked some years back (hmmm...did it have the soul idea above ?).

Shalom,
Steven
Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
wwjd.usa

Default Answer.

No. I investigated this fully when I first ran into it. The answer is, the name of Jesus is not Jesus. It is the tetragram. That is why when Peter baptized people in Jesus' name, he did not violate Jesus' commandment to baptize people in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Note that it does not say „baptize in Jesus“, but „in the name of Jesus“, and that it says „the name“, not „names“ of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. And what that name is, is revealed in the Old Testament. They're different entities, but they have the same name. This is in brief, but there is plenty of other evidence supporting this view. If you would like more information, feel free to ask.