General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Default fortune cookies

I was eating me some hot braised wings and fried rice. they give you a fortune cookie. I always open it to see what it says. mine always seems to know whats happening.
how do those cookies no what the deals is?

im thinking they just pile them full of positive messages.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Many may accuse me of being too extreme on issues such as this, but I want to point out that God does not look favorably on fortune cookies, no matter how harmless we may think they are.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 18:10-13 KJV)

I've sat at supper with many a Christian that cracked those things open, laughed and jested about what was written, and payed no mind to what is written in the Word of our Lord about them.

It would be well with you to just say "no thanks, not for me" when someone offers you one.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Many may accuse me of being too extreme on issues such as this, but I want to point out that God does not look favorably on fortune cookies, no matter how harmless we may think they are.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 18:10-13 KJV)

I've sat at supper with many a Christian that cracked those things open, laughed and jested about what was written, and payed no mind to what is written in the Word of our Lord about them.

It would be well with you to just say "no thanks, not for me" when someone offers you one.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
I knew someone was gonna say that

I have a question. to me these things are just crap. so when i look at them its just entertainment. non-fictional. not real. If I dont believe in them. or follow its way. Is that still being apart of it?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
I knew someone was gonna say that

I have a question. to me these things are just crap. so when i look at them its just entertainment. non-fictional. not real. If I dont believe in them. or follow its way. Is that still being apart of it?
If you'll study out the fortune cookie thing, it was really invented in the US, so it's not really Chinese at all. Also, I would almost guarantee that it's someone making stuff up at random and not some witch writing down demonic sayings.

Anyhow, I have to run...but I think they're dumb, harmless, and have just as much to do with actual divination as peperoni pizza. (great, now I'm hungry!)
Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
HowlerMonkey

Ever get one that reads: "That was not chicken."
Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 PM

FORTUNE COOKIES ARE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

lol just kidding

I really like the orange flavored fortune cookies. Although, I agree with Stephanos. I think that people just write obvious things that every person might go through on those papers. Usually mine are just plain silly.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM

I agree with MC1171611. Just harmless, goofy fun. No witchcraft or anything.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Bro. Parrish

LOL, does anybody remember the old Magic 8 Ball?

Editorial Review
Ever wish you could see into the future? If you answered "without a doubt" or "signs point to yes," you are in luck. It is easy to get a sneak preview into the future with Mattel's Magic 8 Ball. Take all the guesswork out of finding the answers to life's more perplexing questions. Yes, this is the same Magic 8 Ball you remember from the past, and it is just as reliable as ever. If you don't get the results you are after, you can always "ask again later!"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001ZWV7
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

I remember the eight ball. It never told me anything i wanted to read
Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 AM

Fortune tellers are said not to be listened to or sought out in the Bible for Israel. the application might be we are not to seek them out either whether in jest or seriousness. I eat the cookie and throw away the paper. if you tempted to read it don't eat it or eat the whole thing paper and all.