Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:37 AM

Default The Place for the Bible

"Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee" - Psalm 119:11.

The Bible contains God's word to man. It is a holy book with a divine message. It is also the power of God (Romans 1:16). The Word of God is sharp and pointed (Hebrews 4:12). We note here the place of the Bible.

In the Home is a place for the Bible
The home is an institution of God. It is the basis of society. In God's institution should be God's Book. But in the home the Bible may be hidden by the newspapers, the magazines, the radio, and other things. Or it may be used only as a record book, or as a safe depository for precious things, or it may be closed and never allowed to speak its message. The Bible should be the first book in every home.

In the Hand is a good place for the Bible
The Bible should be in the hand of every member of the family every day. And it should be an open book, for in every chapter, and in almost every word, line, and verse, there is a living message for the soul of man. When the Book is in the hand all noise should cease, that the voice of God may be heard and his message received.

In the Head is a better place for the Word
With the mind clear receptive, the Bible should be read prayerfully earnestly for its message. It should be studied anxiously for its truth. Memory should be stored with the precious passages of the Book so it can support and sorrow, and discouragement. Keep the truth of the Book in the mind and depend on it.

In the Heart is the best place for the truth of the Bible
The soul should love the Book and its message. The truth of the Book should be desired and sought after earnestly. The teachings of the Bible must be accepted and assimilated into the very soul and life so one can say with the psalmist, "Thy word have I hid in mine Heart, that I might not sin against thee."

Give the Bible its right place in your life. Own a Bible. Love it. Read it. Study it. Accept it. Live it. Preach it to others. In the Book are the greatest blessings for life on earth and for the life to come.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Excellent post!! Except I always thought Hiding His Word in my heart was so that I might not sin against Him lol
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Ltpage,

This is a good post brother. Thanks for making it.

Atlas
Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Excellent post!! Except I always thought Hiding His Word in my heart was so that I might not sin against Him lol

Very good post Brother.

LOL..yes, Josh...guessing a typo!! My keyboard does that at times too
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the 4-H reminder....great post!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Sorry about the typo. I'd fix it if I could. Admin/Mod feel free.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Don't worry Typo's help keep us humble

Great Post!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Awesome post. Very encouraging. I certainly needed to be reminded of how important it is to keep the Bible in my heart. Thanks for sharing this.