Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 AM

I was sucked into a type of these games for a while, a few years ago, Star Wars was my bag. In case anyone here doesn't know, Star Wars is chock-full and replete with new age philosophy, witchcraft and outright evil.

Hey, it is super easy to get deeply involved in those online gaming communities.
I didn't know about Star Wars, thanks. What I wonder, is, why are so many men attracted to this type of pastime? More men than women, that is>
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Brother Tony, yes, your answer helps! Thanks.
Biblereader, the subject came up during a casual discussion about Dungeons and Dragons and similar games. When the definition of what a wizard is, I said it's a male version of witch. But someone said it's not. I think a lot of these games and movies want to portrait the idea that there are good wizards and evil wizards. I wanted to make sure my understanding is not off base.
I agree with you, games and movies DO want to make people think wizards are good. How about the wizards in Disney World? They're all cute and cuddly, but they do magic, just the same. How about the vampire on the kid's cereal box, Count Chocula?
Seems like the devil is going for the younger kids, now. It must be very hard to be a diligent, Godly parent now.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Biblereader, thanks for the links and comments about these games. I am blessed with very bad video game coordination so I never really got into these things. I still can't do Pac Man. I thank God because of that I didn't get into these fantasy games. I am concerned about the influence of these games on my little nieces and nephews though. A lot of young kids are being drawn to the occult through these types of books and games not knowing what they are getting themselves into.
You are smart to be worried about your nieces and nephews exposure to this.
One of my grandkids began playing video games while he was still in diapers.
!! I didn't like that, mentioned it, but got scoffed at.
What kinds of books do you feel are aimed at young people, that are occultic?
Harry Potter is one of the biggest ones, I can think of, right off the bat.
I've got all the Harry Potter books in my house, too. They aren't mine!! ha ha!
I have read some of the books, and I know HP is a gateway for young children, to the occult.
Rowling makes HP look so cool, and fun to be with, too. Clever of her.