Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Ok, so since this book was written after Jesus died and ascended. (90 AD by the way). And it says that it shows the things that must shortly come to pass, then it is not about Jesus on the cross, in hell, or at Chuck E. Cheese Pizza.

I am quite interested though, tell me, Who are the two witnesses of Revelation 11? That ought to be good.

Quote:
Jesus surrendered to the kings of the earth (His tormentors) and at His Crucifixion, He becomes their King!

Revelation is of "that day" when Jesus finished His work on the cross and reigns as King.

He reigns in the hearts of His believers as King over their souls.
That seems contradictory. Right now is He king of the kings of the earth or just king of our heart? The earth and our hearts are two different things. Which one is he king of right now?

PS I actually know the answer (what the Bible says). I just want to know what you say.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
look3467

Ok, so since this book was written after Jesus died and ascended. (90 AD by the way). And it says that it shows the things that must shortly come to pass, then it is not about Jesus on the cross, in hell, or at Chuck E. Cheese Pizza.

Jesus at the last supper begins His deliverance by giving His Apostles instructions on things which must shortly come to pass. And to John the Baptist, the Angel was set to give him revelation as well.

All this was written as you stated after Jesus’ work on the cross so that we may have a record of His works.

As for Chucky Cheese, well, that’s a great place to take the kids.

That seems contradictory. Right now is He king of the kings of the earth or just king of our heart? The earth and our hearts are two different things. Which one is he king of right now?

Easy E, understand one thing; Jesus and God are one and the same. If God the Father created the first creation, than God the Son created the second creation.

There is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved, and we know that only God can save, right?

We are kings only of our own lives, for we are as gods, knowing good and evil.

The earth is God’s; He is King over it, but king of mankind’s hearts? Well, that depends, on us.

PS I actually know the answer (what the Bible says). I just want to know what you say.

That last sentence of yours reminds me of a story of two little boys and an old wise man.
Goes like this: Two little boys contrived a plan to fool the old man and to discredit him because they knew he was wise.

So one said to the other, I have a plan, let’s capture a small bird, go to the old man and with my hands behind my back ask the old man this question: I have a bird in my hands behind my back, tell me old man, is it dead or alive?...........................
If he says yes, I will crush the bird dead, and if he says dead, I will show it alive.

The old man pondered the question and answered; it is as you want!

So, you choose what you want to believe, and as for my views, well, thier there for you to ponder on them, if it helps you appreciate God the more, than by all means bless God, and if it causes you to stumble, please, place me on your ignore list.

I am on a sure foundation, and I can tell you, nothing will or can shake me off of it, because Jesus is my anchor.

Peace>>>AJ
Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
All this was written as you stated after Jesus’ work on the cross so that we may have a record of His works.
But that is not what the text says. It says that it is a record of something in the future not in the past.

Quote:
The earth is God’s; He is King over it, but king of mankind’s hearts? Well, that depends, on us.
A king is a person who excercises rule over his kingdom. God is not exercising control over the earth right now directly (Luke 4:6-5, 2 Cor 4:4). If He was, He would be doing a horrible job (WWI, WWII, disease, terrorism, etc). In the future, Jesus Christ will reign from Jerusalem over the whole earth (Luke 1:32,33, Zech 14 esp vs 9, Dan 2:44,45, Rev 11:15). The book of Revelation shows how that kingdom comes into being. That is the plain reading backed up by the rest of the Bible and interpreted by the Holy Spirit.

And was that story really necessary? Whoa. I mean you flatter me to call me wise, but I'm not that old and I would never answer like that.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
But that is not what the text says. It says that it is a record of something in the future not in the past.

A king is a person who exercises rule over his kingdom. God is not exercising control over the earth right now directly (Luke 4:6-5, 2 Cor 4:4). If He was, He would be doing a horrible job (WWI, WWII, disease, terrorism, etc). In the future, Jesus Christ will reign from Jerusalem over the whole earth (Luke 1:32,33, Zech 14 esp vs 9, Dan 2:44,45, Rev 11:15). The book of Revelation shows how that kingdom comes into being. That is the plain reading backed up by the rest of the Bible and interpreted by the Holy Spirit.

And was that story really necessary? Whoa. I mean you flatter me to call me wise, but I'm not that old and I would never answer like that.
Sorry you took that story wrong, what I meant was for you to ponder any new information and choose what you want from it, or nothing at all.

But unless we come up against any hurtles in life, we will never learn any new thing.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 PM

AJ,

Have you been taking all of your medication? The stuff that you're posting here is ridiculous.

I almost posted at the beginning of this thread when it was on subject, but I was constrained by time. Now, I'm posting because this bologna is annoying.

Easy, you should've moved on a few pages ago.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
AJ,

Have you been taking all of your medication? The stuff that you're posting here is ridiculous.

I almost posted at the beginning of this thread when it was on subject, but I was constrained by time. Now, I'm posting because this bologna is annoying.

Not so my friend, for there is a definite pattern in the whole bible.

Take the day Jesus was to be crucified, that time span is a 24 hour day.

I'd bet you never even thought about it, have you?

That day is one day that is divided into quarters, into halves and into one whole day.

Three pictures each of the same day.

Why is it divided? because Jesus must visit each day in the 7 day creation, in order to account for all souls born from day one of Adam.

Beginning at sundown,to 12 midnight the eve of His crucification, is the introduction, meaning Jesus is addressing His disciples what must shortly come to pass. 1st quarter.

From midnight to 6AM sunrise is the second quarter, Jesus at the garden takes on the sins of the world, and arrested.

From 6am sunrise to 12 noon day, third quarter, Jesus is taken , judged in four separate courts, condemned to death and punished with stripes.

Fourth quarter is from 12 noon day to 6pm sundown, Jesus is led to Calvary, nailed to the cross, died and then buried in the tomb before sundown, eve of the Sabbath.

Why is this important to know?

Because this is where Jesus is saving the world, this day ends the old (Law)and ushers in the new world under grace.

What God did to accomplish all that is what is found in the book of Revelation where the very first verse says, "
The Revelation of Jesus Christ", not of us, but of Jesus Christ.

In that book is the works of Christ's endurance until the end for us.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

This man Jesus overcometh, keepeths the works unto the end and has the power over all the nations.

The pattern is:
1. Introduction=creation
2, the fall=knowledge of good and evil
3, Judgment=for falling short
4. Death=physical and spiritual death.

Jesus in order to reverse that and give us Gods righteiouness for salvation, must use the same pattern to accomplish the redemption of the souls of mankind, and give us the gift of life, where in we were onces dead.

That pattern, I explained it above.

Remember, it is not our works that saves us, but Gods works.

If you can now see the works of God in Jesus in that pattern, you are able to see more than what has been thought throughout the centuries.

You will be able to see and understand the second great commandment why we are to love our neighbor.

All endtime scenarios, speculations are just that, scenarios and speculations.

But Gods works are not, they are well founded and documented in the whole of His word, the bible.

We don't see them because we become blinded with what
mankind thinks God is, rather than what He has done for us!

I'll leave you with this verse which embodies the whole of Gods works:
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

He did the first so that He could do the second.

And you and I, are in the middle.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Ja, but for some reason I find it interesting. Just as people like watching a fish out of water or a bird with one wing trying to fly. Or is that just me?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Then the "fish" should soon be dead, and after you've kicked the bird with one wing, you move on...
Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Then the "fish" should soon be dead, and after you've kicked the bird with one wing, you move on...
Your heart; is it speaking, or is it your brain?

Did not you know that God looks at the heart of which it is?

When my views are addressed, I speak from the heart that whosoever desires to know some depth of the word, I will kindly explain.

For I hold no discrimination as to who or what anyone believes, for I know God loves them all, and if I can encourage some to know Gods works better, I would gladly share my thoughts and my views.

Jam 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Law of liberty? What mean it?

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

To that, my praise goes to Jesus!!!

Peace>>>AJ
Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Ja, but for some reason I find it interesting. Just as people like watching a fish out of water or a bird with one wing trying to fly. Or is that just me?
If you have Jesus as your Savior, you are on a firm foundation, secure and unshakable.

The new Testament is our workbook, by which and in which we learn to workout our salvation.

But the heart, above all else, is where Jesus should reside, and there, the spirit is above the letter of the law, for Jesus already fulfilled it for you.

Paul knew all this, but because the church was in its infancy, milk is all it could digest.
But He did encourage us to go on to the meat of the word: 1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Peace>>>AJ