General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Sam Gipp

What you do think of Sam Gipp?

Dave
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
jerry

Why are you mentioning certain writers here? Are you promoting them? Sincerely trying to find out something about them, or what?

Gipp has some good material, and some questionable material. He is a Ruckmanite that focusses on emotional, rather than factual, arguments in some of his material. There are a lot more solid KJVdefenders out there. If you read Gipp, there is a lot of stuff you have to wade through before you get something solid - and that same info can be gleaned from other sound resources.

Am I saying, don't read him? No, but I am saying, there is a danger there and read cautiously.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoldpath View Post
What you do think of Sam Gipp?
Dave
As a student of Ruckman's he takes the extreme view that the ONLY preserved word of God is the KJV. So not only must one translate the KJV into another language (today), the KJV can now correct all greek texts including the TR!

Many, too many KJV defenders do not go far enough. And so when bro Gipp and bro Ruckman speak to the fact that the KJV is God's word in english, I get charged. If during that sermon/debate I hear them go to that extreme (the KJV trumps the TR), then I lose all that energy and almost cry. I haven't heard Ruckman do that during a debate (so as not to give his opponent an easy target). But I have heard bro Gipp do it. During a live taping of 8 episodes of the John Ankerberg show, bro Gipp (and two other KJV defenders) were mugged by some critical-text-no-version-is-perfect-the-hypothetical-originals-are-the-only-INERRANT-bible THUGS. Bro Gipp (and these two others) walked into a perfectly set ambush. Gipp still did a brave job, but boy was he getting ganged up on. It was a deliberate massacre.
Anyway, it was during this gang-style-assassination that Ankerberg pushed the right buttons and got Gipp to admit his extreme position.

However, NOTHING was said to the ring-leader nor his goons about how their position is EVERY BIT JUST AS EXTREME!!!!!

I"ve got the two vcr tapes-4 episodes per tape set if anyone wants me to send them. There's Kenneth Barker barking his NIV (cha-ching) there's a kindly and blessed Art Farstad (I know him and his colaborer Zane Hodges from Dallas. Very kindly godly folks who were once defenders of the KJV but now defend the NKJV. . .like jilted grooms) selling his NJKV, and Don Wilkins selling his New NASB. In addition to these actual guys who have jobs and carry their own weight in life we have two total parasites: James White (diploma-mill-"doctorate" I've seen the closet where his "university" resides) and Dr.-Dan-its-wrong-to-quote-facts-out-of-context-unless-I-do-it-Wallace. What a bunch of thugs.

Let me know if you want this set and I'll send it to you free of any charge whatsoever.

Last edited by ok.book.guy; 02-10-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
jerry

I certainly don't like modern versions promoters - but I also think that extremes in the KJVonly position are wrong too - and by extremes, I mean an unbiblical position. I believe standing on the KJV alone as the Word of God in English is the right position. Don't correct it, don't question it or cast doubt on it, just study it and defend it.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I certainly don't like modern versions promoters - but I also think that extremes in the KJVonly position are wrong too - and by extremes, I mean an unbiblical position. I believe standing on the KJV alone as the Word of God in English is the right position. Don't correct it, don't question it or cast doubt on it, just study it and defend it.
Awesome brother Jerry!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
jblm1611

Back in the fall I read one of Brother Gipps books titled " Understandable History of the Bible." I had an old friend that always seem to joke about my stand on the KJV. He uses the NIV, and I so much wanted to show him the errors in the NIV. But the Lord put on my heart to find out why I believe the KJV to be the infallible Word of God. Brother Gipps book was a very big help to me. Not to long ago Brother Gipp had visited my church one Wednesday night. The message was out of Isaiah 34:16 and it was a message that really made me do alot of thinking. I am glad that there are people that still take a stand for the KJV. God Bless
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok.book.guy View Post

I"ve got the two vcr tapes-4 episodes per tape set if anyone wants me to send them. ...

Let me know if you want this set and I'll send it to you free of any charge whatsoever.
Dear ok.book.guy,
I'm from the Philippines, and I am always in search for anything "free". If you can, I would be gladly willing to give you my mailing address. (I know it's too far out here and expensive.) Thank you!