General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 AM

Ed, I have been curious about this but did not want to use up a post on FFF. You say that you read from 3 different KJBs each day. Other than the non-standard spelling of the first/second editions, there is such little difference between them that you could read vast passages without anything more than a punctuation or capitalization change. Why do you read three different editions? Why not just read the same book three times. It would have the same benefit.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Ah, 10-4, afirmative, (wink wink).

G&P

T
I'm just going to act like I get it and laugh excessively.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:21 AM

CP,
In post #5, I made a statement regarding interpreting a phrase in Biblical English. It was based on my observation through the years. I did not have a reference to some scholarly textbook, so I made up my own. GT, knowing my penchant for tongue-in-cheek, kept up the ruse by claiming not to have been able to find the "book" on Amazon. I added that he was not worthy of owning the "book", again in full joke-mode. Tony apparently did not catch on right away, and was questioning whether the "book" was to be trusted. You can follow the rest from there.

If I wasn't so lazy, maybe one day I would write a book, no, a booklet, well, maybe an article... okay, a post!! on my explanation on how to read the Bible.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul View Post
I'm just going to act like I get it and laugh excessively.
Brother, God, in his Sovereign Grace, did look out from eternity and predestined before the foundation of the world that due to the fact I am:

1. An amateur radio operator.
2. A church splittin', hyperdispensationalist dry cleaner
3. A Barry Goldwater Republican

I must confess I was born without a sense of humor.

Dazed and pizza

ynoT
Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post
Gen 1:10 (KJV1611 Edition, e-sword.com edition):
And God called the drie land, Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called hee, Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Here 'hee' is a pronoun refering bask to the noun 'God'.
Ed, this is good from the actual 1611 AV. I've got a copy of that. And, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.... refering bask to the noun 'God'.

Just what are we to BASK in? I do BASK in the shadow of the Almighty - that I might partake in His love, mercy and goodness.

Sorry - just trying to keep the humor going!

Jassy
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Ed Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Ed, this is good from the actual 1611 AV. I've got a copy of that. And, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.... refering bask to the noun 'God'.

Just what are we to BASK in? I do BASK in the shadow of the Almighty - that I might partake in His love, mercy and goodness.

Sorry - just trying to keep the humor going!

Jassy
Tee Hee.

This is a common problem now. 'bask' is a word. I intended 'back'. but my spelling help didn't help me here?

I prophesy that sometime shortly Public High School English will teach the sound-a-likes: 'their', 'there', and "they're" will all be spelled the same :-)

But the other problem is more common AND LESS FUNNY: all pronouns refer to something (sometimes that something is UNDERSTOOD). Whole lines of Biblical discussions go on and the only REAL difference is to whom 'he' refers.

I find major differences in Eschatology depending upon the referent of the first & second 'he' in Daniel 9:27. Do the 'he's refer to Messiah The Prince, or the Prince who shall come?