General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Forum Administrator

Default What is obnoxious behavior?

When I set up this forum, it was with the intent to have it a very permissive environment -- meaning I did not want the forum to moderated in a heavy-handed fashion. I certainly did not want to set up a forum and rule it according to what I think -- and I would say it is reasonable to assume nobody could accuse me of being a domineering moderator.

As the FAQ says, the general rule is not to be obnoxious. I actually want non-KJV believers because they can ask questions that should be answered for honest seekers. But then there are the obnoxious.

So, what's obnoxious behavior?

We had one poster named "Foley" who typified nicely one form of obnoxious behavior. We now have another -- "sophronismos." His posts have been simply over-the-top abusive and personal.

Just in case anyone is wondering... "sophronismos" is on a one week time out, and I expect that the time out will be made permanent after his posting privileges are reinstated.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Thank you Brandon for your action in this matter. Tolerance of poor behavior should have a very limited shelf-life.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 AM

What's going on in here? Just had a "day off" from this forum. I drove the jeepney for a group of people from our church to soulwinning in a village. Lo, and behold! When I got back, someone has just called me an "Aramaic nut". Before I was able to post my reply to him, I was surprised to find the word "banned" under his name.
Well, I would like to thank Diligent for keeping this forum enjoyable and participative. Hope no "obnoxious behavior" will destroy our fellowship here. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:23 AM

The 'vacation' for a week is justified.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:43 PM

Thanks B.