Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Default Hall of Shame

Here are some modern day charlatans. Crooks. Criminals. Supposing that gain is godliness. Wicked men. Workers of iniquity. Clouds without water. Fools. Decievers. Sons of Perdition.

Todd Bentley - disregarding the appearnace (tattoos, death metal shirts, piercings), this man shows his true self when he makes claims such as "Jesus is going to appear in person on stage at the lakeland revival, but you won't see him", and constantly manifesting demonic possession traits such as vibration, tongues etc. His ministry is violent. The unholy spirit within him has told him to kick old ladies in the face, punch people in the stomach, and leg drop men and women.

One sad video of him on google video is of him trying to "bless" a young girl, who is screaming at her mother not to let him touch her. Children know.. children know. Stupid parents are slain in the spirit and the child goes down for the ride. Poor little child.

Todd Bentley SERVES SATAN and KNOWS IT.

Kenneth Copeland

"When I open the Bible and read that God says 'I am' I smile and say 'I am too' "

This man is a fallen angel, or possessed by one. Manifests demonic activity such as tongues, slaying in the spirit, unholy dancing, unholy laughter

Makes claims that he is a god (no doubt that he is a god, little g, which is an OT name for fallen angel).

Rodney Howard Browne

"The Unholy Ghost Bartender"

Tells people to ignore the Bible and just let the spirit do the work. According to him, this thread would be evidence of me blaspheming the holy ghost, and I am damned because of it.

I don't want the spirit that Howard Browne has. I want the Holy Spirit which gives us a sound mind, and makes us sober, not a drunken fool.

I will provide more as I find them. I have no doubt in my mind, after watching some videos recently, that these men are not decieved ignorantly.

They know exactly who they are serving. They serve the devil. Now, of course, the devil has decieved them, but I mean, it's not like they think they are serving God. I believe these men KNOW they are serving the devil.

Pat Robertson

Benny Hinn

Jesse Duplantis

I used to make this hand symbol at rock concerts. I didn't know what it meant when I did it. I thought it was a "rock salute". It's saluting all right. Saluting the devil.

Now, I don't believe that all pentecostal preachers are willingly serving the devil. Some are decieved. But these televangelists are willingly doing so.

Last edited by Luke; 10-23-2008 at 05:54 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM

(bold is my emphasis)

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? " Acts 2:1-12

The alleged "faith healers" fail to "...rightly divide the word of truth..."(2 Timothy 2:15).

Ask Benny Hinn/his "proponents" why he needs an interpreter when he has his "healing sessions' in foreign countries, such as Russia? "Back to Pentecost!" "Nyet!"

"And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them." Mt. 21:14

Ask Paul Crouch and his gang why they wear glasses?

"...mischievous madness...", I say(Eccl 10:13).

In Christ,
John M. Whalen
Old 10-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Tongues/healing
Legitimate questions/Acts 1711-"check it out in the Book!":

From previous post:
Why do faith healers wear glasses? Why do they need a translator when they are in a foreign country-what happened to the "gift of tongues"?

Continuing-How do modern-day faith healers "stack up" with the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles?

For your consideration:

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles HEALED AT WILL.
Modern faith healers do not heal at will; they do their thing only under circumstances which they tightly control (keeping profoundly retarded children FAR from the stage, for example). While they claim many successful healings, these never seem to get caught on tape.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles HEALED IN PUBLIC, where anyone and everyone could see what they did as they did it.
Modern faith healers heal in public, only insofar as a packed-out arena is public (meaning you don't get in for free).

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles HEALED FOR FREE.
Modern faith healers make you pay for it (either by dropping bills in the collection plate, or paying for a ticket to get through the arena door).

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles HEALED ANYTHING(Matthew 4:23, 10:1)...MEANING THEY PROVIDED INSTANT HEALING OF IDENTIFIABLE, ORGANIC DISEASES AND INJURIES.
Modern faith healers heal symptoms, not diseases. You'll never see Benny Hinn let the badly burned, the retarded, or the truly crippled come NEAR them.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles HEALED COMPLETELY--MEANING NO RELAPSE, no convalescence, no failures. Modern faith healers cannot back up such claims. Usually it's more like, "Sorry, but your husband's cancer came back and killed him because he lacked the faith to keep the healing anointing I gave him. Next!"

The healing was done generally without touching.

The Lord Jesus Christ never prayed before He healed someone.

The Lord Jesus Christ discouraged testimony of the healing-Mark 7:36.

The Lord Jesus Christ healed on the spot-no special meetings.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles, including Judas, RAISED THE DEAD. Let me know if you see ANYBODY do this today.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles manifested miracles which EVEN THE HARDEST SKEPTICS COULD REJECT, BUT COULD NOT REFUTE.
Modern faith healers cannot claim this for themselves.

And the confusion which reigns on TBN and elsewhere regarding healings can pretty much be traced back to one fundamental error on the part of Christians today-not discerning the dispensational change.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles MANIFESTED MIRACLES ACCORDING TO GOD'S DISPENSATIONAL PLAN...THAT IS, THEIR MIRACLES WERE EVER AND ALWAYS TIED TO THE NATION ISRAEL BEFORE HER FINAL APOSTASY.
Modern faith healers--along with the vast majority of the professing Church--UTTERLY FAIL to "rightly divide the Word of truth." If they did, they would see very plainly that the time for miraculous manifestations is long past.

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." 1 Timothy 5:23

Apparently, Paul and Timothy weren't able to attend a "Miracle Crusade."

In and with Christ,

John M. Whalen
Old 10-23-2008, 09:59 PM

Man, that Todd Bentley makes me so mad. I just can't fathom how so many 'Christians' were fooled by his wickedness.

John 10:27 (KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

I knew after hearing that man say one word on a youtube video that I wasn't hearing the Spirit of my Master working in him. It makes me sad for the Church that so many thought otherwise.

We should all be praying for the Church in this dark time.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I fear for the Church. I fear that the falling away is upon us. I guess there has always been false prophets and decievers around.

1 John 4:3 (KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 (KJV) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2:18 (KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

I guess, I could be jumping the gun on the great falling away bit, but my spirit doesn't seem to indicate this. Nevertheless, we should take every opportunity we get to warn Christians everywhere of the false doctrine being force fed to them in their liberal churches, and on their liberal 'Christian' television programs.

2 Peter 3:3-9 (KJV) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I think this is the spirit that has crept into many churches in America. I think it is also the reason so many winds of false doctrine blow throughout these aberrant churches.

So here is my suggestion. I think we all should join various liberal Christian online forums and start taking a stand for sound doctrine and the true Holy Bible, the Authorized Version. If you're like me, and you've done this before, then you know that it is very draining, but very important work.

Ezekiel (KJV) 2:4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee
unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
2:6 And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words,
though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions:
be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be
a rebellious house.

Luke 11:33 (KJV) No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

Righteousness MUST stand! Let us all shine the Light of JESUS!

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 PM

It is draining brother. I'm not quite ready to tackle the spiritual opposition just yet. It is very discouraging to hear the same dead arguments over and over again, realising that no mere arguement of man is going to convince them that the KJ Bible is perfect truth, because they won't listen to the correction of the Holy Spirit.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It is draining brother. I'm not quite ready to tackle the spiritual opposition just yet. It is very discouraging to hear the same dead arguments over and over again, realising that no mere arguement of man is going to convince them that the KJ Bible is perfect truth, because they won't listen to the correction of the Holy Spirit.
That's how I used to feel, but you know what brother, I have great news for you. You don't have to convince them! Jesus never sent us out to 'convince' all nations of the truth, but to preach it. All you have to do is sow a seed of doubt in them and guide them to faithful sites online that will provide ample info to explore (http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...king_james.htm is the one I use), and Lord willing they'll think that maybe, just maybe their whole idea about God's Word is incorrect. So, don't concern yourself with the resistance these folks will exibit. Just keep on keeping on. I was one of those doubters long ago. Someone sowed a seed in me that lead me doubt, only for a split second that my NIV was a fake. He left me with some KJV tracts (from http://www.tbaptist.com/pages/catalogs.html) that changed my whole take on things. I thank Jesus for sending me a preacher to preach the KJB!

Just mytwocents(tm).

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 AM

Well lets add one more to the list.

Dr. Peter S. Ruckman

I wonder if he always votes Pro Choice?

50,000,000 babies murdered and counting!!!!

Atlas
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Steve Schwenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Well lets add one more to the list.

Dr. Peter S. Ruckman

I wonder if he always votes Pro Choice?

Atlas
Puulllleeeaaassseeee!!!!
OK, so you disagree with him on whatever it is you think he teaches on abortion.
He believes the KJB
He preaches on the street
He witnesses personally
He preaches in jails
souls are being saved all over the world through men who have gone out of his school.
Most of us here on this forum would not have a clue about the KJB if it hadn't been for Dr. Ruckman's relentless attack on the scholars for the last 50 years. Long before Riplinger, Gipp, Waite, et.al it was Dr. Ruckman by himself attacking the scholars.

Was Jeremiah ever disobedient to the will of God?
Was Paul ever deceived?

Everyman in the Bible blew it somewhere - it didn't change the fact that God had called them to do a special work - even when they blew it.

So, if in fact Dr. Ruckman is wrong, it doesn't make him a false prophet - and it doesn't give us the right to lump him in with all of the above phonies, who have so blatantly disregarded the clear teaching of Scriptures all across the board.

In Christ,
Old 10-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Steve,

Quote:
Puulllleeeaaassseeee!!!!
OK, so you disagree with him on whatever it is you think he teaches on abortion.
Do not take my word for it.

Listen to what the man says and teaches. Then tell me if you agree.

http://sites.google.com/site/ruckmantruth/

I still wonder if he votes pro choice?

He says abortion is not murder.

Atlas
Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Steve Schwenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Steve,

Do not take my word for it.

Listen to what the man says and teaches. Then tell me if you agree.

http://sites.google.com/site/ruckmantruth/

I still wonder if he votes pro choice?

He says abortion is not murder.

Atlas

so how do you go from Dr. Ruckman being "wrong" (your word) on ONE item to lumping him in with the Hall of Shame that Luke provided for us?

As I said, there are many men in the Bible that blew it, but they were still the man God used.

Abraham lied, and then the king had to go to Abraham, have Abraham make a sacrifice before God would forgive him (the king) for taking the wife that he (the king) thought in all innocency was single.

David committed adultery and murder.
Moses hit the rock the second time.
Jacob was a scoundrel for most of his life, yet he was a prophet.
Jeremiah prophesied that those in Judah were supposed to go with Nebuchadnezzar into Babylon. Jeremiah didn't go.
Paul was warned many times not to go to Jerusalem - he went.

IF Dr. Ruckman is wrong on this one doctrine, do we completely dismiss everything he teaches as false? It is quite obvious that Benny Hinn, Paula White, Paul Krouse, Jesse Duplantis, et. al are false prophets - 99% of what they teach is utterly false.

How can you lump Dr. Ruckman in with that crowd?

Don't sidetrack my question without answering it.