Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:43 PM

Also notice that Ham didn't uncover Noah; he was already naked, so the "uncover thy father's nakedness" stuff about sleeping with Noah's wife is somewhat baseless from that passage.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 AM
aussiemama

So, because someone has a beautiful interracial marriage and shares about it, that makes it right? Why are we taking personal stories and elevating them higher than God's Word? Now, if you have a BIBLICAL argument as to why you think interracial marriage is ok, I don't mind hearing those, but personal stories are irrelevant when discussing matters of right and wrong.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
So, because someone has a beautiful interracial marriage and shares about it, that makes it right? Why are we taking personal stories and elevating them higher than God's Word? Now, if you have a BIBLICAL argument as to why you think interracial marriage is ok, I don't mind hearing those, but personal stories are irrelevant when discussing matters of right and wrong.
aussiemama, God established the bounds of the nations' habitations. If you want to apply that to us today, then you're disobeying God by leaving Australia. I don't think God feels that way about the situation; have a little grace.

You'll find over and over again that God forbade interracial marriages for religious reasons. Solomon was corrupted because of foreign wives, and he was the wisest man that ever lived! It was their religion that was the problem, not their skin color or their land of origin. THAT was the principle: it's carried forward by Paul forbidding Christians to be unequally yoked.

When God looks at humans, He sees Jew, Gentile, and Christian (Church). If you're born again, there is NO difference between us in Christ. Obviously you're a woman, I'm a man, I have white skin, and some have other colored skin, but to God that is irrelevant. Under the law of Christ, we are not under bondage to that separation of cultures if we choose to involve ourselves. Yes, it will complicate marriage. Yes, it might cause problems. But no, that does not forbid two Christians from different sides of the world from marrying.

If you have a legitimate, New Testament Church argument against "interracial" marriage, then by all means bring it forward. Otherwise, you're simply arguing a non-issue with no true Biblical foundation.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Otherwise, you're simply arguing a non-issue with no true Biblical foundation.
And that's putting it lightly...

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-19-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
As he stated he was answering *YOUR* question (With the example that they manage just fine) after you shared *YOUR* personal story:

Quote:
I will add one more thing...I don't know how interracial couples manage...my husband and I are in a cross cultural marriage (both European) and even that is hard enough!
If you want the Biblical argument re-read the thread.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM

Have you ever seen a Blue Jay kiss a Robin?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
BrianT

Blue Jays and Robins are different kinds. God made creatures so that every kind he made brings forth offspring after its kind (Gen 1:11,12,21,24,25, Gen 6:20, etc., etc.) He made Robins and he made Blue Jays as different kinds of birds, but for man there is only one kind - he didn't make "white" man and "black" man in the Garden of Eden. He made "man". He made "Adam and Eve", not "Robert and Susie, and Tyrone and Shaniqua".
Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Blue Jays and Robins are different kinds. God made creatures so that every kind he made brings forth offspring after its kind (Gen 1:11,12,21,24,25, Gen 6:20, etc., etc.) He made Robins and he made Blue Jays as different kinds of birds, but for man there is only one kind - he didn't make "white" man and "black" man in the Garden of Eden. He made "man". He made "Adam and Eve", not "Robert and Susie, and Tyrone and Shaniqua".
Amen, that's right!

But anywho, I noticed Ruckman talks about this subject a bit in his commentary on Genesis. I'm only just getting into it so I'm not sure exactly what his stance is, but I'm sure he won't be afraid to share it, lol.

Peace and Love,
Stephen the Shemite
Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 AM
aussiemama

I doubt you'll like the truth Dr Ruckman sheds on the matter since you don't believe that interracial marriage is wrong. Glad someone stands for truth rather than trying to be politically correct.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I doubt you'll like the truth Dr Ruckman sheds on the matter since you don't believe that interracial marriage is wrong. Glad someone stands for truth rather than trying to be politically correct.
Umm... so it's truth just because Dr. Ruckman says it?