Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM

Default Sniper shoots Koran

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7407187.stm

US military spokesman Colonel Bill Buckner said the incident was "both serious and deeply troubling", but stressed it was an "isolated incident and a result of one soldier's actions".

If this was the Bible there would be no News story. How many times has the Bible been ripped apart and burned. Thank God it still exists!

The only thing that was serious and deeply troubling was the fact that a US Sniper was reprimanded for this. Remember Guantanamo.
http://www.hrw.org/doc/?t=usa_gitmo

Who is the real enemy here?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Truth4Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

If this was the Bible there would be no News story. How many times has the Bible been ripped apart and burned. Thank God it still exists!
I do agree with you. If it were the Bible, no one would care. Except, that is, for us!

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)