Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
wwjd.usa

Default Question: Sin in every day

I heard some people (one pastor) say that it's impossible to go a day without sinning. Other people say that it is possible to go a week or even longer without sinning.

I personally think that it is longer to live through a day without sinning because of Matthew 5:48

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God. If it would not be possible to be perfect, then Jesus would say verse 48.

What do you all think about this topic?

Last edited by wwjd.usa; 09-23-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 PM

I thought you were tired?

Yes, you believe in sinless perfection, we get it.
Yes, if you aren't perfect, you lose your salvation.

Friend, will you please take your agenda elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 AM

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.

We are encouraged NOT to sin, but knowing that when we do CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS!

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you read that? Jesus Christ is the righteous one, not us.

Careful on the path that you walk
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 AM

Not possible to live a Sinless life. The above verses make it clear.
We do not have to do the physical act,it can be in our thought process.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:01 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.
You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?

You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Only the Holy Spirit can help you not to sin. our duty is only to yeild our body unto God.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
You need to focus on the next verse

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close.

I heard someone once say can you go a day without sinning? How about an Hour? How about a minute, well live your life minute by minute, then.

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?

1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Are you righteous or ungodly and a sinner?

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,………

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
...This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before coming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

You said, "However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)"

The point of the sermon on the mount, was not to provide a higher and loftier standard of holy living that people should aspire to live by through prayer, study, striving, effort, discipline, drive, or determination. The message was to show the impossibility and utter hopelessness of doing so. To strip humankind of any and all self-righteousness. Again, the only way you can be, listen now, think about this, PERFECT AS THE FATHER IN HEAVEN IS PERFECT, is by receiving Jesus Christ. It's His righteousness not ours.

We should indeed put off, put on, yield, yield not, submit, follow, put away, flee, pray, study, love, forbear, cease, and obey the teaching of God in His Word. No one is suggesting that the power and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is a divine permission slip to live the way you desire. Follow and submit to Jesus Christ by the power of Holy Spirit operating through the written Word of God.

You said, "If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin."

To me this is a most disturbing and troubling statement, the way you are applying it. Reflect on your words. Perfect as God? Some glorious day, when we are changed in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, in His very presence, we will have utterly put off sin and experienced ultimate and final sanctification. "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:1-2).

The above verse in 1 John is a statement of fact. It is a reality. Every man that hath the "hope in him" is speaking of a person who has Jesus Christ Himself. He has purified himself even as he is pure by believing in and receiving Jesus Christ. The result of being in Him and Christ being in you is that you've become the righteousness of God.

I 0nce thought "purifieth himself" was a call to live a pure life, until one day I observed the last statement, "even as he is pure." Even as God is pure! How is that possible? Not in this corruptible body, brother. Jesus Christ is my righteousness and Jesus Christ alone. This verse is not addressing changed outward behavior, it is a "spiritual" and "positional" reality of what we are in Christ. "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:" (Colossians 1:21-22).

Again, I'm not suggesting our mortal life does not change. But, in my opinion, these verses (in Matthew and 1 John) do not address the mortal life.

My love for the Lord Jesus Christ constrains me to follow Him. Yet, being honest with you, the things I know I should do, I don't. The things I should not do, I do! I'm still a wretched man! Longing for that glorious day of final transformation.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
My love for the Lord Jesus Christ constrains me to follow Him. Yet, being honest with you, the things I know I should do, I don't. The things I should not do, I do! I'm still a wretched man! Longing for that glorious day of final transformation.
Amen to that Brother, now thats a truth, we are all wretched! I to long for that Day when this world is put behind us and we stand before our Glorious LORD and Saviour. Utntil then I will keep stumbling and I will keep getting back up again.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.