Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWHALEN View Post
(Bold my emphasis)

"Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:" Galatians 1:4

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us,] who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Cor. 5:20-21

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." Philippians 3:20-21

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;..." Titus 2:13

I view the Holy Bible from a dispensational(a good biblical word) viewpoint. As such, I am not looking for the antichrist, the Temple being rebuilt, ...... I am looking for the rapture, I am to "look for the Saviour", His "glorious appearing", to be "taken out from", "delivered" "...from this present evil world..."(Galatians 1:4). Notice that Paul is speaking to those already saved here in Galatians 1. Thus, the "deliverance" here is not salvation from spiritual death, i.e., the penalty of sin(which, in its basic meaning, simply means 'deliverance from a danger'), for that is a "done deal"- it is referencing the rapture, our deliverance from the presence of sin, i.e., our glorification:

"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Col. 3:4

Ambassadors represent their Commander In-Chief in a foreign country. We are these ambassadors, the earth being "hostile/enemy territory"("present evil world"), our citizenship being heaven, i.e, "this present evil world" is hostile territory for those "in Christ", His "ambassadors" representing Him in a foreign land. When war breaks out, when "hostilities come to a final boiling point"("The Great Tribulation"), who are the first people to be "removed" from enemy territory? The ambassadors, the "dignataries"-we will be removed, "raptured' to our "real" home-heaven.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen
I agree with you here brother. Although I have a question for you in regards to the Temple. Do you think it is wrong to study the efforts being made to rebuild the Temple? I have a book I just purchased called "The Temple and Bible Prophecy - A Difinitive Look at its Past Present and Future" by Randall Price. This subject interests me a great deal, but at the same time I feel that it is a great error for Christians to promote the rebuilding of the Temple. I feel that it is hypocritical to promote the rebuilding of the Temple which serves absolutely no function in the dispensation of grace. So, with all that being said, what are your thoughts on this?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-07-2008, 01:29 AM
EverlastingSon

Bro. Parrish:
What about when Jesus is talking about the tribulation of when the father shall give up tha son to death and the children will give the parents to death.

In Revelation with the seven churches when it says be faithful until the end that you may recieve your crown, hold that which you have let no man steal your crown be faithful until the end.

matthew 24:9
then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

MATTHEW24:29-31
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see tha Son of Man coming in the cloudsof heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Thats jus scripture saying that we WILL be here for the tribulation i mean its nice to think we wont be that would be really nice but this is God's Word.

So if u believe in the rapture your going to have to show me scriptures backing it up becuase we must take heed that no man decieve us in the times. For many will be decieved even the very elect.
God Bless
Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 AM
EverlastingSon

Just one more thing try to keep these scriptures in context because you can make the bible say anything when you take it out of context.
God Bless
Old 11-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSon View Post
Just one more thing try to keep these scriptures in context because you can make the bible say anything when you take it out of context.
God Bless
You also have to understand the Right Division of Scripture in order to know what the Bible says. The Scriptures you posted are applicable to the people IN the Tribulation, which according to Revelation are the Jews and a few Gentiles that aren't deceived. God's attention turns back to His people, the nation of Israel, after the Church is called away (2 Thess).

Trust me, we're not noobs when it comes to the Scriptures and contextual doctrine.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
You also have to understand the Right Division of Scripture in order to know what the Bible says. The Scriptures you posted are applicable to the people IN the Tribulation, which according to Revelation are the Jews and a few Gentiles that aren't deceived. God's attention turns back to His people, the nation of Israel, after the Church is called away (2 Thess).

Trust me, we're not noobs when it comes to the Scriptures and contextual doctrine.
Right, and none of those Scriptures even hint at being about the Gentile Church (saved by Grace). The thing to remember is that the tribulation is called the time of "Jacob's" trouble, not the time of the "Gentile's" trouble (although the unbelieving Gentile nations in this dispensation will certainly be troubled beyond any other time of trouble.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSon
Where does it say that in the bible not trying to debate just want to find it.
Please forgive my delay in answering, brother: this has been a hectic week.

Rather than answer your question in my own words, I'm gonna give you some links that explain the Antichrist being a Jew. Please be aware that these are good articles, but they are not from completely reliable sites: they're mostly "Reformed," like Calvinistic, but they've got this one right.

http://www.raptureready.com/faq/faq72.html

http://www.articlecity.com/articles/...icle_809.shtml

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/pink/antichrist.chap03.i.html

Quote:
Where in the bible does it say anything about a rapture. Im pretty sure that we are all here till the end.
I think the other brethren have answered that question.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 AM
EverlastingSon

MC1171611:
What was i suppose to be looking for in 2 thessalonians you just put that up there and didnt tell me what im suppose to be looking for?!

If God spared not the natural branch, and us as u say that are gentiles the scripture says to us to take heed less he also spare not the gentiles that were grafted in. The jews were broken off because of unbelief for we that are gentiles must stand by faith. Which means trusting, standing on and doing His word.
See Romans 11:17-22
Jews & Gentiles now are all one in the body Of Christ.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
EverlastingSon

Stephanos:

U say saved by grace, what does that mean to you!!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:46 AM
EverlastingSon

Vendetta Ride:
Im sorry to bring you into this brother im not going out to make enemies i hope that everyone can understand that. But tha brethren hav'nt convinced me yet i mean there is no scripture that talks about a rapture. Vendetta Ride...What does saved by grace mean to you?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
EverlastingSon

Vendetta Ride:
Sorry to bring you into this im not on here to make enemies or try to decieve just to spread Gods Word to full. And there is no scripture backing up what any of the brethren have said about this rapture. That we will be taken up before the tribulation. Then there's some that are taking it out of context for example:

Quote:
"Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:" Galatians 1:4
Which is that God might deliver us from tha sin in this present world not take us up out of the world this verse is talkin about sin not a rapture. And it says "sins" not "sin".
Which means to deal with something that is in this world, something that is in your life, which is effecting your life.
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Vendetta Ride what does Saved by Grace mean to you?