General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Hey! I'm new!

Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles! As an aside, we get a kick out of telling how going to Dr. Ruckman's SAVED our marriage, given his history and the controversy...The bottom line was that getting right with the Lord straightened out a lot of things in our lives (duh!)

I guess I'll skip to the present so that I don't write TOO much! Brian and I have been married twenty years now and have one daughter and three sons. We farm on 60 acres in Kentucky...We are presently in a church WITHOUT "Baptist" in the name (a first for us.) It is a group of mostly older people who, when they happen to express doctrine, appear to be Baptist without calling themselves so...except for one man who (bless his heart!) changes his belief about eternal security based on the passage he's reading! He is almost 80 and says he pastored for 40-plus years, but he just can't seem to grasp any dispensational teaching. My husband is teaching adult Sunday School, my 16-year-old son is teaching the kids, my daughter (20) is doing some music with the kids, and I play the piano.

I suppose that's enough for now...more later!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 AM

double post deleted
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Ohhh, sister Custer I peeked at your website and discovered that you are living the life I would like to have but there's no covetousness here, no siree.

Welcome to this board!!! I hope you are blessed here.

Jennifer
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Hello sister,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm quite new here myself and so far I've been (and will be for however amount of time) busy reading older posts and other links recommended by brothers and sisters here.
By the way, I just wanted to say that it's such a GREAT farm you own over there!
I've never been to a real farm (grew up in polluted, overpopulated city in Korea, and now living in Toronto, Canada.. and haven't gotten much chance to travel around) so it's VERY FASCINATING to see all those animals and other hand-made things! (Especially the piglets are soooo cute!!!!)

Anyways, welcome again and may God bless you and your family

sis Nasil
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Welcome to the forum sister! Thank you for your testimony. It's sad that so many Churches out there are dead. It saddens me to say that my Church is sort of dying (it's on life line). I guess I'll do what you did and pay Dr. Ruckman’s Church a visit someday. Anyway, you got a beautiful family and a life many of us would like to have. I also saw the photos with the farm and they look pretty nice (with the animals). I hope you'll enjoy this wonderful forum like I have. Again, welcome.

God Bless

Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Welcome, Sister. The family here is growing very rapidly, so dive in!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custer View Post
Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles! As an aside, we get a kick out of telling how going to Dr. Ruckman's SAVED our marriage, given his history and the controversy...The bottom line was that getting right with the Lord straightened out a lot of things in our lives (duh!)

I guess I'll skip to the present so that I don't write TOO much! Brian and I have been married twenty years now and have one daughter and three sons. We farm on 60 acres in Kentucky...We are presently in a church WITHOUT "Baptist" in the name (a first for us.) It is a group of mostly older people who, when they happen to express doctrine, appear to be Baptist without calling themselves so...except for one man who (bless his heart!) changes his belief about eternal security based on the passage he's reading! He is almost 80 and says he pastored for 40-plus years, but he just can't seem to grasp any dispensational teaching. My husband is teaching adult Sunday School, my 16-year-old son is teaching the kids, my daughter (20) is doing some music with the kids, and I play the piano.

I suppose that's enough for now...more later!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Pam, welcome to the forum. My family is from KY down around eastern coal country. Ain't been to Ky since 95, hope to head that way soon and see how things are. Not much family left down there. Not much family left here!

I'm a fundametalist grace believer better known as a dry cleaner among my Baptist brethren and sisteren. This forum seems to be becoming a family.

Welcome!

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the kind comments! Our life is pretty much a dream-come-true; the Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure. We have only been in KY for a little over a year; we moved from GA where I was born and raised and where we always lived except for our time in Pensacola. In GA, my husband was a fireman and the pastor of our church (Grace Baptist in Zebulon.) We started a few farming-type ventures over ten years ago there and decided that we would like it to be a complete lifestyle...so, after a few years of planning and praying, here we are! While I've never lived in a big city (again, except Pensacola,) the area we are in now is so much more rural than where we were in GA; the whole culture is different...more "country-fied," if you will; we really like it! And the land is prettier and so affordable!

Nasil, the baby pigs are just WONDERFUL! This year was the first time we had pig babies born on our farm instead of just buying babies to raise. Oh my word, I just LOVE them!
But, we also just had a stray cat have four kittens, and they are really something...equally adorable and not quite as apt to bite!

And, Tony, I know who YOU are!!! When I first found this forum, I stayed up until 2AM (YIKES!) reading the baptism thread, so I saw (well, read) a lot of you! I think it's great that you can so heartily disagree with others on an issue and still keep your cool while presenting your case!

Thanks again, y'all; I look forward to getting to know you!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 PM

Greetings in the Lord, Sister Pam!!

I'd like to extend the welcome to you! I'm fairly new on this forum also. I just joined earlier this month. I feel so warmly towards this group - as true brethren in Christ! I am happy that you joined!

Like the others mentioned, I also took a look at your website and the photos of your family and farm. I LOVE farms! I used to live about 1 hour from a farm in Rubicon, WI, where I regularly drove to get raw milk and organic veggies and fruits! Now I live about 1 hour and 45 minutes from there... so I don't get there as often. Occasionally, some friends of mine will pick up raw milk for me. I've been drinking raw milk for over 4 years now and I LOVE it!!

It's so funny because the friends that have gone with me to the farm have noticed that you can start SMELLING the farm from a couple of miles away. LOL To me, I don't really notice that anymore. The farm I go to has about 200grassfed cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and goats. And, of course, a couple of herding dogs and a variety of cats. I'm very much an animal lover!

I hope that your faith will be BLESSED and UPLIFTED here, sister!

Love in Christ,
Jassy
Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 PM

WELCOME Sister Pam.

It feels funny welcoming you here since I am a new member of only a few days ago but am already starting to feel welcome. It's sort of like a new church. Beyond my imagination because I grew up in a Baptist church for the first 19 years of my life and have found myself so hard pressed to find a great church in my area that I am actually attending a Pentacostal church at the moment! Needless to say, I really want to move!

I think this forum is just what I needed to get away from the KJB nay-sayers and to keep my nose in the Bible! I hope you will find it to be a blessing.