Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 AM

Stephanos,

It is not about believing me do you believe Gods word in Romans 13?

I like Kent as a guy he is nice and smart. But he broke the law by not deducting income tax from his employees checks and submitting it to the IRS. then failed to send out W2's and 1040'2.

They transacted transferred money without reporting it to the IRS. The IRS could have gone further and charged him with Money Laundering. It was the same technique used by syndicate when hiding drug and smuggled merchandise money. Move the money around like in a shell game. It is illegal. the IRS used bank documents to prove their case. Kent Hovind had the wrong counsel on those issues.

I have a friend an ex pastor who spent 3 years in A Florida Jail for the same charges.He will tell what he did was followed someone else advice and not the Law. He admitted to guilt under ignorance and had to pay the taxes and serve time. He wanted to kill that elder who believed in Gary De Mar's group who tells pastors not to pay taxes.

None of us were there to verify if Kent did make threats or not so I never touched that. But I do know this it doesn't take much to get the IRS to do stuff like that if they feel threatened.

It doesn't matter who you seek counsel from you better find out the facts for yourself cause you will be the one held responsible not the counselors

I have been there and Know what I am talking about also. I had to show my income for 10 years when the IRS finally got around to me. after it was all said and done. I owed nothing. the lesson learned even if you owe nothing file your tax forms yearly. the feds are not so much into it but Virginia is and they reported me as a State tax dodger and so the IRS had to investigate. the lady at the Richmond Virginia tax office was left giving more explanations to the IRS than I. Virginia had to remove and restore my credit after they had sent collection agencies after me to collect taxes I didn't owe.

if you want to know the truth on employees of a "not for profit organization". which is just the same as any organization when it come to employees. Get a copy of "Church and clergy Tax Guide" updated every year or visit the IRS web site and research for yourself.

he admits he failed to follow the law in deducting taxes from his employees checks and then filing W2's or 1040's. for seventeen years they did not deduct employees taxes so they should of at least filed 1040's to protect themselves. the oversight by the IRS was that they had thought their employees were getting 1040's and paying their own taxes. that turned out not to be the case. They probably would have went for more years had no body looked and found out.

the point being the US IRS Governing Authority was not being obeyed by this man for over 17 years. For seventeen years he was in sin and definitely not blameless as a Christian Leader. He may have been ignorantly innocent but ignorance is no excuse.

Stephen, you may feel the Government has no right but they are the governing Authority we are to obey. they have laid down laws that need to be followed. especially because God tells us too. those taxes are Caesar and we are to give unto Caesar what is his and God what is his. Kent definitely did the later but he didn't do render unto Caesar.

it doesn't matter whether you or Kent or Gary De Marr feel the government violates the constitution they have the laws set already your duty as a Christian is to obey. i know it seems tough but God will honor a man who will follow God's word even to that mans own hurt.

Last edited by chette777; 03-08-2009 at 06:09 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Kent Hovind broke no laws, just like David Karesh broke no laws. Both were persecuted by legal action because of RELIGIOUS beliefs. One is in prison, one is dead.

Here are some facts that most people don't know, that Bro. Hovind does know, and the government does not want you to know:

1) The IRS is an unconstitutional bureau that legally has no jurisdiction over American citizens

2) The 16th Amendment was not legally ratified, meaning that the income tax is unconstitutional

3) The income tax, as it stands, only applies to corporate income, not personal or individual, though the IRS doesn't want you to know that, and the corrupt courts aren't going to believe that

Kent Hovind followed the laws in what the government felt was a "shady" manner, but he still broke no laws. For anyone to argue that he broke a law is ignorant and simply shows that they are unaware of the situation and the legal statutes involved.

On the other hand, I feel that it is more important for me to keep a good outward testimony (and I also don't want to wind up in prison) because I'm called to be a missionary, and getting caught up in something like Bro. Hovind did would be suicidal for my ministry. Therefore, I will pay all taxes on declared income in order to keep from causing myself heartache. However, I fully support Bro. Hovind in his cause and hope that justice will be served and we can get the blight that is the IRS removed from our nation once and for all.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 AM

I don't get it,construction subcontractors do not withold taxes,they tell there employees that,its there responsibility to pay those taxes.

A few yours ago the IRS said i had not payed my taxes,i sent them a copy of the check , didn't hear anything,the next year they did the same thing. 2 years in a row they had done this. I will never know why.

Rolando:
Quote:
I thank God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ for brothers like Kent Hovind.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
These are not false charges. So beware of worshiping men even if they may seem good and godly. He made a mistake he should admit it and do the time and move on.
Chette: Come on, chill out brother, nobody is WORSHIPPING Hovind.
Last time I checked he and his wife are BOTH doing the time, so maybe their accusers should "move on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611
The 16th Amendment was not legally ratified, meaning that the income tax is unconstitutional... The income tax, as it stands, only applies to corporate income, not personal or individual, though the IRS doesn't want you to know that, and the corrupt courts aren't going to believe that...
I think this is correct.
I looked at this many years ago, so I'm a little rusty on it now but I think anyone who researches this will find that Americans were never supposed to pay tax on their personal income, it was originally called the "War Tax" as I recall it was supposed to be repealed after the war. I always play by the rules, but I can tell you I know a guy who never pays income tax, he sends them a letter every year and tells them why. He belongs to a group that has challenged the IRS in court and he says they win their cases almost every time because when you really get down to the nitty gritty, the law is on their side. I am not advocating this for others, just saying some of these movements are winning in court, more here:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=21745
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=17023
http://www.bigeye.com/incometax.htm

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-08-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Chette: Come on, chill out brother, nobody is WORSHIPPING Hovind.
Last time I checked he and his wife are BOTH doing the time, so maybe their accusers should "move on."

I think this is correct.
I looked at this many years ago, so I'm a little rusty on it now but I think anyone who researches this will find that Americans were never supposed to pay tax on their personal income, it was originally called the "War Tax" as I recall it was supposed to be repealed after the war. I always play by the rules, but I can tell you I know a guy who never pays income tax, he sends them a letter every year and tells them why. He belongs to a group that has challenged the IRS in court and he says they win their cases almost every time because when you really get down to the nitty gritty, the law is on their side. I am not advocating this for others, just saying some of these movements are winning in court, more here:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=21745
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=17023
http://www.bigeye.com/incometax.htm
I know a few guys that do the same thing, but they all end up, or have been in jail for trying to fight this.

No matter how one looks at things, our goverment is performing illegally. The Constitution is the Higher Power in this nation and it is being trodden under foot by despots who care not for the Happiness and Safety (Declaration of Independance) of American citizens.

Concerning taxes. I will give to Caesar what is Caesars, but I WILL NOT give to Caesar what is God's.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM

I predicted this would happen. The guy is in jail, the court date is gone, stop trying to be correct, either side. Pray for him.

Who cares about the ratifications to the fifth amendment by the standing court of judicial tax law in regards to 501c3 tax exempt institution status according to the tenth statement by the grand jury in regards to the Jackson Vs Hilmes trial of the 1990's, in which the IRS was deemed to be unconstitutional and against the higher power of the democratic government by which this country was founded, and Kent was not taxed on personal income, but on extra personal income and the 16th ammendment was not ratified and render unto ceasar what is caesars and WHO CARES ANYMORE... (I made that up in case anyone thinks otherwise and decides to argue about the random words I just wrote).

I don't see anyone here arguing in defense of Wesley Snipes.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
No matter how one looks at things, our goverment is performing illegally. The Constitution is the Higher Power in this nation and it is being trodden under foot by despots who care not for the Happiness and Safety (Declaration of Independance) of American citizens.
I think you have a very good point here brother...
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM

It is God's ordained higher power over you is the US Govt if you live in the US. Obey Romans 13 or disobey and let the chips fall where they may.

We do pray for Kent. but he just wont admit he did wrong confession is key to getting right with God on the issue of his word in Rom 13
Old 03-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
It is God's ordained higher power over you is the US Govt if you live in the US. Obey Romans 13 or disobey and let the chips fall where they may.

We do pray for Kent. but he just wont admit he did wrong confession is key to getting right with God on the issue of his word in Rom 13
Kent Hovind didn't do anything wrong. You just aren't getting it.

If the government told you to go kill your neighbor for no reason, even though it was against the law, would you do it?

So, if the government tells you to pay income tax, which is against the law, should you be required to do so, especially if you have a conviction against doing so?

Income tax is unconstitutional and is therefore voluntary.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
it doesn't matter whether you or Kent or Gary De Marr feel the government violates the constitution they have the laws set already your duty as a Christian is to obey....

It is God's ordained higher power over you is the US Govt if you live in the US.
Chette,
I agree with you to a point brother, with regard to being subject to the LAWS of the land. However, if those laws are not valid we must uphold the Constitution. Furthermore, I will always contend that Americans no not live under kings or royalty, or any such system. Our leaders are elected and paid SERVANTS of the people, no more no less. In essence they are employees of the citizens. I believe we can apply Romans 13 just fine, right up to the point where the government starts taking our inalienable rights and forgetting that it too is subject to the God who gave them to us. Then all bets are off, as we are reminded by the framers of our nation that tyrants are to be cast down and even the government itself shaken off, if it threatens our God-given freedom. That's why the language of the Second Amendment prohibits the Federal Government from “infringing” on the right of the people.

"If the federal government should overpass the just bounds of its authority and make a tyrannical use of its powers, the people, whose creature it is, must appeal to the standard they have formed, and take such measures to redress the injury done to the Constitution as the exigency may suggest and prudence justify." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes." -- James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 46

"If it be asked, What is the most sacred duty and the greatest source of our security in a Republic? The answer would be, An inviolable respect for the Constitution and Laws." -- Alexander Hamilton

Here's an interesting link:
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/six-about-2nd.htm

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-11-2009 at 11:52 AM.