Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Daniel 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
From the first verse, we know that Jesus' words will be the standard used for judgment. From the last two verses, it is evident that God will use written words as a witness during the judgment. Putting the two together, I would say that the Scriptures will be present in written form at the judgment.

Now afterward in eternity, there may be a change:

Quote:
2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
Perhaps the Word now written on paper (or digitized ) will be engraved in us since then we will be worthy vessels for its perfection.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM

Default Engrave like the Ten Commandments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
From the first verse, we know that Jesus' words will be the standard used for judgment. From the last two verses, it is evident that God will use written words as a witness during the judgment. Putting the two together, I would say that the Scriptures will be present in written form at the judgment.

Now afterward in eternity, there may be a change:

Perhaps the Word now written on paper (or digitized ) will be engraved in us since then we will be worthy vessels for its perfection.
Teacher you mean, the KJB will be in our hearts. I've have not yet read from cover to cover our Bible. This is pretty good. No need to memorize, it will be engraven to your hearts...some sort of www in my heart...

Thanks,

Jude 25
www.fredsites.weebly.com
Old 03-30-2009, 02:52 PM

Default A written Word as a Livnig Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I think we will not need a written word since we will have unlimited access to Jesus. I am not sure, maybe we will have a written word but I personnally do not think we will need one since we have the Word.
No need for a written word because we have the Living Word.Wow!!!!! What about the book in Revelation 5:1-4? What does this mean?
Any thoughts?

Thanks, I've been learning....

Jude 25
http://www.fredsites.weebly.com
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 PM

Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

What is this verse in relation to?

The first few verses of the chapter seem to place it during the tribulation, with the priests corrupting the sanctuary and the destruction of the oppressing city. The streets are desolate, wasted, and no man is seen in them (it's too hot! the sun is incredible during the tribulation). And then this verse shows up...
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

What is this verse in relation to?

The first few verses of the chapter seem to place it during the tribulation, with the priests corrupting the sanctuary and the destruction of the oppressing city. The streets are desolate, wasted, and no man is seen in them (it's too hot! the sun is incredible during the tribulation). And then this verse shows up...
Was Hebrew around in the days of Abram? Abram was a Sumerian of the lineage of Eber, an "eberu", "wanderer".. We know Hebrew was around when Joseph spoke to his brothers in Egypt. My belief the "heavenly language" is Hebrew Luke. This verse deals not with the Church but with Israel, the "pure language" being Hebrew, the language of God and Israel.

Given God's preeiminant place he gives Israel in eternity, I don't see English as being any type of eternal language or standard and it's silly to think otherwise. We can defend the KJV until we cross into untenable and unprovable areas.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Default Hebrew or Greek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Was Hebrew around in the days of Abram? Abram was a Sumerian of the lineage of Eber, an "eberu", "wanderer".. We know Hebrew was around when Joseph spoke to his brothers in Egypt. My belief the "heavenly language" is Hebrew Luke. This verse deals not with the Church but with Israel, the "pure language" being Hebrew, the language of God and Israel.

Given God's preeiminant place he gives Israel in eternity, I don't see English as being any type of eternal language or standard and it's silly to think otherwise. We can defend the KJV until we cross into untenable and unprovable areas.

Grace and peace

Tony

Sir, may I respectfully ask if our Lord did spake in Hebrew or in Greek?
In John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Is our Lord spake in Greek or Hebrew in this particular text? Is this a possiblity that the "heavenly language" will be a Greek as against the Hebrew language?

Just asking?

Jude 25
Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 AM

Hey, guys! When I read in the Bible about what the host of Heaven is saying, it says, "Holy, Holy, Holy!" Sounds like English to me.
I'M JOKING!!!!!

I believe that our heavenly language will not be any of the earthly languages. Everything else is new, and the things of man are destroyed. Why hang on to a human language? Just my thoughts. I'll wait 'till I get there to see who is right.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
The third heaven (God's abode) is going to be replaced with a new one.
of course I would disagree as the only two heavens that are imperfect and would need to be removed is the atmosphere and our universe found inside the firmament. they will be replaced with a new heaven that is one we are not familiar with and that is God's Abode (for lack of a better term) or the original heaven of which man has been separated from since the creation of the firmament which currently houses all the stars God made for lights.

That is new to us as men and doesn't violate our seeing a New Heaven and Earth in Rev 21:1. and you will see and agree this fits to Genesis 1:1 perfectly. God's original plan revealed in the last two chapters of our Bibles. My mistake until recently was thinking God recreated a new heaven but he doesn't. John only says He saw the New heaven. and of course it was new to him he had never seen it from the earth before.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 AM

Genesis 1:1 mentions the third heaven, God's abode. Genesis 1:15 mentions the second heaven, space. Genesis 1:8 and 1:20 shows the title and the name of the atmosphere and air, being the first heaven.

Genesis 1:1 shows that God made his home and earth, then on day two made the local atmosphere heaven, and on day four filled the stellar heaven.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
It will be the preserved word of God in the language of that day.

My thought is this, God's word is eternal, the written word is for this 24/7TQ. The eternal word need not be written but only spoken, for sure it will be in us as we will have sinless bodies and minds no need for a written KJV anymore outside this 24/7TQ
That makes sense to me, Bro. Chette.

In the Millennium, I believe everyone will speak in a "pure language".
Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

This must be the reason for the sign of "tongues". If, in theMillennium,a "pure language" is going to be spoken, I guess the whole world will once again have "one tongue". The world was of one language and of one tongue, before they were confused in Babel.

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.