Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Default Ruckman on the KJB

I am pretty new here, so this may have been covered in the past.

But here is a sermon on the KJB by Peter Ruckman. I know there are some here that like him, others not. I personally like his preaching style, but I do not agree with him about life beginning when a baby takes it's first breath. So this is not about whether you like the man or agree with everything he says. But this is a sermon on the King James, I just want to see what folks here say about this video. It is in two parts.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy6qQ...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wNC...eature=related
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 AM

Yeah, I enjoyed those as well. I also love his preaching style. Not only that but if you watch his chalk talks you'll find that the church is really something to behold. The brethren there truly love the Lord and aren't afraid to proclaim it! Glory to God! It's such a beautiful thing to behold men and women seeking and worshipping our Lord. I don't think there is anything that bring me greater joy. Shoot, I nearly cried today when I saw a couple at this Mexican restaurant give thanks before their meal. *sigh* anywho, sorry I'm rambling.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM

Thumbs up

I enjoyed watching those as well,its nice to hear a preacher who stands for something,instead of others who are fence straddlers. I don't agree with when a baby takes its first breath issue either,nonetheless,good sermon.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I am pretty new here, so this may have been covered in the past.

But here is a sermon on the KJB by Peter Ruckman. I know there are some here that like him, others not. I personally like his preaching style, but I do not agree with him about life beginning when a baby takes it's first breath. So this is not about whether you like the man or agree with everything he says. But this is a sermon on the King James, I just want to see what folks here say about this video. It is in two parts.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy6qQ...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wNC...eature=related

An example of even the best of us make mistakes.

I'm familiar with Dr. Ruckman's position on this from years ago. My question is which "breath" does the child take, through it's own lungs or its MOTHER'S?

I seem to remember somewhere a prophet was known by God before God formed him "...in the womb." Seems God would not know a disassociated blob of protein, but a PERSON.

My experience in biology did not stop with mortuary science. From the instant a male and female zygote are joined, the result is a living human being.

Doc Pete, we love ya, you blew it on this one.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
An example of even the best of us make mistakes.

I'm familiar with Dr. Ruckman's position on this from years ago. My question is which "breath" does the child take, through it's own lungs or its MOTHER'S?

I seem to remember somewhere a prophet was known by God before God formed him "...in the womb." Seems God would not know a disassociated blob of protein, but a PERSON.

My experience in biology did not stop with mortuary science. From the instant a male and female zygote are joined, the result is a living human being.

Doc Pete, we love ya, you blew it on this one.

Grace and peace

Tony
I think he has it partially correct. I think there is a fundamental difference between a child in the womb and one who has just taken its first breath. I have payed extra careful attention to verses dealing with "breath", "soul", "spirit", and "life" as I read through the Bible these last three months and I am still convinced that Ruckman was on to something. I'm not saying he was entirely correct, since I think abortion is a sin. Nevertheless I think there is a distinction.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 03-08-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:17 AM

Jeremiah 1:4-5

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That pretty much settles it for me.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmonk View Post
Jeremiah 1:4-5

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That pretty much settles it for me.
Settles what? That settles nothing. That just proves that God's purpose for Jeremiah was settled before he was even formed in his mother. That does nothing to settle the difference between something with the breath of life in it and something without. You fail to realize that this isn't about "is abortion sinful or not" but rather "is there a difference between a child taking form in the womb and a child that has taken its first breath". Anyone who has actually read the Scriptures (cherry pickers don't count) will notice a distinction.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Good videos. I like his preaching style also.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I think he has it partially correct. I think there is a fundamental difference between a child in the womb and one who has just taken its first breath. I have payed extra careful attention to verses dealing with "breath", "soul", "spirit", and "life" as I read through the Bible these last three months and I am still convinced that Ruckman was on to something. I'm not saying he was entirely correct, since I think abortion is a sin. Nevertheless I think there is a distinction.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Stephen, I think a body without a spirit is dead. I've fought the "breath/spirit" fight with the hardened Ruckmanites till I'm sick of it, and bringing out the incident where my mother carried a dead baby in her womb for the last two months of gestation where it had been beaten to death by her first husband, combined with the look on my face, has put the "quietus(Koine' English) on personal discussions of the topic with me. I'm not at this time angry in the least. I just think Dr. Ruckman is secretly flattered and tickled(more Koine' English)by the extremists in his camp. Personally I see no distinction, a human being is a human being, life begins at conception. I've had the hardened extremists(particularly in a yahoo group I quit, or was thrown out of I should say)who told me the words to Jeremiah were "...just for that ONE INCIDENT...". Just like a Seventh Day Adventist who says God telling Peter to eat anything on the divine sheet in Acts 10 was a "...one time thing ONLY to Peter..." Your and my differences are too small to disagree over on this topic, grace and peace to you my friend.

Tony
Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Stephen, I think a body without a spirit is dead. I've fought the "breath/spirit" fight with the hardened Ruckmanites till I'm sick of it, and bringing out the incident where my mother carried a dead baby in her womb for the last two months of gestation where it had been beaten to death by her first husband, combined with the look on my face, has put the "quietus(Koine' English) on personal discussions of the topic with me. I'm not at this time angry in the least. I just think Dr. Ruckman is secretly flattered and tickled(more Koine' English)by the extremists in his camp. Personally I see no distinction, a human being is a human being, life begins at conception. I've had the hardened extremists(particularly in a yahoo group I quit, or was thrown out of I should say)who told me the words to Jeremiah were "...just for that ONE INCIDENT...". Just like a Seventh Day Adventist who says God telling Peter to eat anything on the divine sheet in Acts 10 was a "...one time thing ONLY to Peter..." Your and my differences are too small to disagree over on this topic, grace and peace to you my friend.

Tony
Fair enough. Like I've said in the other posts is that the only thing I'm settled on is that there is a distinction, and that I don't know what exactly it is. The rest is just speculation.

Peace and Love,
Stephen