Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 PM

Default A Family Under Attack For Witnessing

My husband is in Iraq for one year. He has 2 broken disk in his back not only can he not sit to long but also stand and it seem to be getting worse. He not only one of the older role models for younger troops and recently started a church/bible study for his compound The Army also asked him to volunteer for another year to be served in Afghanistan. My ministry is the prison were I am a Officer I can't teach about Jesus enough or warn how close we are to the second coming in the prisons and to my kids. But at a price of being attacked. My body aces all the time from all my years of having to be physical in the prisons. He has also attacked me through the kids. I have 2 daughters Rhonda 17 and Shelby 15 and my brothers son that has had a hard life Micheal 15 who recently joined are family. I see the effects of Rob my husband being gone rear its ugly head when comes to Rhonda and Shelby. Rhonda is being temped by peers that she is newly meeting. Shelby is newly finally seeking for God to show himself to her and I believe she has a low opinion of herself. I feel so alone and discouraged, and see all the ways The lord would like to use me. Please pray for my family a hedge of protection, growth, and wisdom and strength. please pray for me brother and sisters in Christ. Because I can do nothing with out the lord, and all things with him who strengthens me. Bless you and yours for blessing me and my family.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

Default Re: "A Family Under Attack For Witnessing "

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa b View Post
My husband is in Iraq for one year. He has 2 broken disk in his back not only can he not sit to long but also stand and it seem to be getting worse. He not only one of the older role models for younger troops and recently started a church/bible study for his compound The Army also asked him to volunteer for another year to be served in Afghanistan. My ministry is the prison were I am a Officer I can't teach about Jesus enough or warn how close we are to the second coming in the prisons and to my kids. But at a price of being attacked. My body aces all the time from all my years of having to be physical in the prisons. He has also attacked me through the kids. I have 2 daughters Rhonda 17 and Shelby 15 and my brothers son that has had a hard life Micheal 15 who recently joined are family. I see the effects of Rob my husband being gone rear its ugly head when comes to Rhonda and Shelby. Rhonda is being temped by peers that she is newly meeting. Shelby is newly finally seeking for God to show himself to her and I believe she has a low opinion of herself. I feel so alone and discouraged, and see all the ways The lord would like to use me. Please pray for my family a hedge of protection, growth, and wisdom and strength. please pray for me brother and sisters in Christ. Because I can do nothing with out the lord, and all things with him who strengthens me. Bless you and yours for blessing me and my family.

Aloha sister Melissa,

My best advise to you is to pay attention to your family. You are between a rock and a hard place, and in this case your family must come first.

Trying to handle all of the problems that you have spoken about is hard enough for two parents, and nearly impossible for one (especially with "teenagers"). Your husband needs to come home and see to his own family.

It's all well and good to witness and have Bible studies, but both you and your husband should not be neglecting your family in order to do them.

I pray that the Lord will reveal His will to both of you, and that you will be able to keep your family together. My wife and I have raised 7 children to adulthood and know what a heartache that can be.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM

Sister Melissa,

I will be praying for the relief of your husband's pain, and for his safety as well as that of those he is ministering to. I will pray for the relief of your pain and your prison ministry, praise God, and for your daughters Rhonda and Shelby and your nephew Micheal. I will be praying that the Lord continue to give you discernment about the enemies tactics and that He will give you the strength and wisdom to fight these battles in the name of Jesus. Please let us know how you are doing and please sister don't hesitate to post for advise, comfort or prayer anytime. There are people on this forum who care about you and your family.

In Christ's love,

Jen
Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 AM

Said a little prayer for you last night, the Lord works in our lives in ways we simply just cant comprehend or understand, sometimes in hardships and weaknesses that appear in our daily lives are a clear indication of the Lords glory working in us and around us, yet society tells us that to be weak and downtrodden we must be far from Gods will, nothing can be further from the truth, all through scripture, Prophets, Judges, Apostles, disciples have endured hardship that we really in this day and age cannot comprehend (unless you are living in regions of the world that believers can be slain for their testimony)
I Am in no way taking away or making light of your situation, what I am trying to say in a tender hearted way, is that sometimes, the pain we suffer, the hardship we endure, the weakness we feel is the Lords will being perfected in us, meditate on this portion of scripture, which in times of trouble serves me well.

May the Lord bless you and yours, and reveal his will for you in your life.

2 Corinthians 12:6-10 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Default Praying for you!

Sister Melissa,

I will be praying for you and your family. May he grant you courage and wisdom and strength to do right in the eyes of God, towards others and towards your family.

It seems like a lot that you are handling. God gives faithful believers what they NEED - not always what they WANT or EXPECT!! I can personally vouch for that fact! It has been through trials that I have grown the most.

Stand in your faith sister!

Jassy
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa b View Post
Greetings Melissa...may not be what you and your husband desire, but I am in agreement with Brother George on this one.

Quote:
Trying to handle all of the problems that you have spoken about is hard enough for two parents, and nearly impossible for one (especially with "teenagers"). Your husband needs to come home and see to his own family.
Yes, all things are possible through Christ Jesus, but all things are not necessarily probable. I pray He will give you and your husband clear discernment concerning His perfect will.