Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Vendetta Ride

Default Toward a world religion

This is priceless. The movie stars and Internet geniuses are trying to pave the way for a world religion....

World asked to help craft online charter for religious harmony
Nov 14 05:14 PM US/Eastern

A website launched Friday with the backing of technology industry and Hollywood elite urges people worldwide to help craft a framework for harmony between all religions.
The Charter for Compassion project on the Internet at www.charterforcompassion.org springs from a "wish" granted this year to religious scholar Karen Armstrong at a premier Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) conference in California.

"Tedizens" include Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin along with other Internet icons as well as celebrities such as Forest Whittaker and Cameron Diaz.

Wishes granted at TED envision ways to better the world and come with a promise that Tedizens will lend their clout and capabilities to making them come true.

Armstrong's wish is to combine universal principles of respect and compassion into a charter based on a "golden rule" she believes is at the core of every major religion.

The Golden Rule essentially calls on people to do unto others as they would have done unto them.

"The chief task of our time is to build a global society where people of all persuasions can live together in peace and harmony," Armstrong said.

"If we do not achieve this, it seems unlikely that we will have a viable world to hand on to the next generation."

Charter for Compassion invites people from "all faiths, nationalities, languages and backgrounds" to help draft statements of principles and actions that should be taken.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Even so, come Lord Jesus!!

*performs a customary Rapture Drill*
Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 PM

Yep, it's a bigger movement then most people realize. I'm seeing articles online all the time, and not only that but I've seen programs on hellivision with representatives from all different sorts of 'religions' that are preaching this (tolerance, coexist, anti-"hate" speech) junk (gospel of the Devil is what it really is). It worries me a bit, because the general Church (the non Bible Believers) will buy into this humanist junk, without discerning Pastors to warn them about it. The problem is is that Ecumenism has become a word that no longer means the cooperation between different Christian denominations, but the cooperation of fundamentally different religions. Just look at the Facebook group http : //www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=2204480704 called coexist (this is so rhetorical it's rediculous). Then look at the 'officers' of this group:

Quote:
Leighann G. (Cincinnati, OH)
Wiccan

Audrey M (Eureka Senior High)
Satanist (confused teenager)

Forest Davis (Lakeland CC)
Love Is My Religion

Michael Israel (Pittsburgh)
Being

Radhika Sharma (UC Davis)
Agnostic Hindu (WHAT!?)

Nick Brown (City Honors School)
Atheist/Unitarian Universalist (seriously? I'd say this guy is beyond confused)

Joe Caldwell (West Branch High School)
Buddhist Atheist

Rawan Shawar (American University of Sharjah)
Muslim

Justin Drama Perry (Cincinnati)
Non-Religious Transhumanist (i'm sorry but there is no such thing)

Jonathan Deane (UMBC)
Sola Scriptura Christian (HYPOCRITE, and LIAR!)

Brian 'Red' Kurtz (Penn State)
Jew

Dave Custer (Virginia Tech)
Agnostic Buddhist

Corey Pierce (Michigan State University)
Non-Denominational Spiritualist
This movement IS the bedrock of the forthcoming One World Religion, and these folks are the foot soldiers that are desensitising folks in preparation for it. Oh, and did I mention that this group has 78,630 members? Seriously...

We all need to be strong, stick to our guns (the KJB) and encourage those that profess faith in Jesus Christ to trust in the Bible. The Bible is clear about this subject:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 11-14-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Vendetta Ride

LOL! Well, Stephen, you have to allow for a certain amount of theatricality and hyperbole from teenagers; it's in their nature to take themselves very seriously, especially if they're unsaved: because, obviously, if they're unsaved, they are truly the centers of their own little universe. A year before I was saved, I was filling out some college entrance forms, and in the "Religion" space, I put, "Christian Objectivist." Which simply meant that I was an arrogant, selfish young buffoon, a follower of Ayn Rand, but I needed to put a little "Christian" spin on it so that I wouldn't scare the girls away!

However, I was very much the weird, sore-thumb exception; most kids just put whatever church they'd been raised in. Times have truly changed, and this truly damnablw syncretism is becoming more popular by the day. I'm sure the Beast and the False Prophet are off somewhere shining their shoes and plucking their eyebrows for their grand entrance.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM

This is weird. I really thought they would use Roman Catholicism as base for the one world religion. Then again like you guys said, this could just be use to desensitize the masses. This could just be preparation for the real one world religion predicted in Revelations. Either way, the rapture of the Church and the Lord’s second coming is not too far from now. I just pray my family will repent before it’s too late.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
This is weird. I really thought they would use Roman Catholicism as base for the one world religion. Then again like you guys said, this could just be use to desensitize the masses. This could just be preparation for the real one world religion predicted in Revelations. Either way, the rapture of the Church and the Lord’s second coming is not too far from now. I just pray my family will repent before it’s too late.
No, the movement that will lead to the one world religion with Rome at the top, and governed by the AntiChrist will start outside of Rome. But Rome is certainly a part of the ecumenism which is fueling these one world religion preparations. When the Church is gone and an antichrist + prophet combo performing all manner of signs and wonders it will be a piece of cake to unite the whole world against the truth.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
We all need to be strong, stick to our guns (the KJB) and encourage those that profess faith in Jesus Christ to trust in the Bible...
Amen brother, a good plan...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
tkg

So I got to looking around that site and it just creeps me out. Heres one good quote for what they want "religious teachers/leaders" to be about.

Quote:
Religious leaders and their followers could do more good for the world by simply embracing the notion that there is only One Source, but many different roads to that Source. One path is not right above another. Preaching damnation and fear-based separate-ism will only further divide us. I suggest all people learn about and attend Religious Services other than their own. In the end, we are all the same... of God.
Tomorrow they start the final part to their charter for "compassion" and by compassion they mean their charter for "hop on the bandwagon and lets go to hell"

But yea, on their site one of the people predicts that they will have a one world religion by 2009.

Even so, glad I know how thats all going to turn out. Thank God for His Son!

In Love
-Timothy