Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 AM

It does show how many christians are left that actually voted biblical principals. The Liberals have spoken! LoL.
Now start praying.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
Pray for Obama. I certainly did not want this but it has come to pass. We can not be bitter but rather supportive. God allowed him to take this election whether for good or bad. Remember, God is still in control!
And those who have power get it from God, so I will pray for Obama.

Quote:
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
No, I cannot say that. Why should God bless America? Does she follow Him? Does she seek His face? Does she repent for her sins? No.

Should we ask God to bless a wicked nation such as America has become?
"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." (2 John 10:11)
Old 11-05-2008, 12:03 PM

As I listened to the returns coming in last night, I had a great sadness in my heart. Yes, there were some bright spots. The marriage amendments passed. Some good people were elected. The Senate did not get the 60 needed to control completely. But there was a deep foreboding as well. Have we as a nation so offended God that He has determined a fierce judgment upon us? My spirit says, "yes".

I now can imagine how Jeremiah must have felt as he saw with his own eyes the Babylonians sweeping into his beloved city, taking innocent lives, smashing the babies' heads against the walls, looting and destroying whatever they chose. He had warned of its inevitability, yet I am certain that he was in great distress at the same time.

But the LORD had given what was now required:

Quote:
Jeremiah 29:4-14 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon; Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished. And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace. For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD. For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Now what?

It is now our responsibility, fellow believers, to faithfully serve our LORD and obediently carry out the duties He has assigned us. We are now likewise instructed:

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:1-4 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
It is a time for repentance by the Church of God, that He will yet raise up a righteous people, worthy of His Name.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM

We certainly should and need to ask for God's blessings on this country. Why should He? He has no reason to. Neither did He have any reason to send His Son to die on Calvary for our sins. But He did. and if it's His will to bless this country then He will, and if not, then He won't.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
aussiemama

I have a real problem believing that God appointed Obama. As I know God, He sometimes allows things to happen that are against what He would want. I believe that God allowed Obama to be elected because of the hardness of our hearts, but He did not elect Obama. Why would God appoint someone who is going to further disobey His laws?

I believe we can still have revival, although I know that some people do not believe that. But we certainly won't have it if we don't pray and prepare our hearts for it. The revival has to happen in our own hearts first.

The way I see it, Obama isn't and never will be president. He doesn't meet the qualifications, therefore he isn't the president even if the people elected him. Since he's not the president, he's not in authority over anyone but his own household.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:25 PM

aussiemama, I can understand your sentiment, but you are completely wrong. He is chosen by God. He is our president (elect). He will be the authority as of Jan. 2009. Yes, he is not what we wanted, and he is not a righteous person, but he IS God's ordained one.

Saul was not God's desired leader, but he was the kind of king that the people wanted, and God picked him for that reason. David acknowledged him as the chosen one. This nation got the kind of leader that the majority wanted. Now we are stuck with him, until God chooses to remove him.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
aussiemama

One of the qualifications to be president is to be a US natural born citizen. Obama is not one, so regardless of votes, he is NOT president.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 PM

When he gets sworn in, he will be president... just not constitutionally. He'll still have all the power that a President has, unfortunately.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM

Ladies, stop drinkin' the kool-aid! If he were not constitutionally qualified, do you think for ONE SECOND that the hildabeast would have let him beat her? Remember that she will use every trick that she can to destroy her enemy or cover her wickedness. I'm surprised that she did not lose 50 pounds by vomiting after every speech that she had to give for him to pay back her campaign debt!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Ladies, stop drinkin' the kool-aid! If he were not constitutionally qualified, do you think for ONE SECOND that the hildabeast would have let him beat her? Remember that she will use every trick that she can to destroy her enemy or cover her wickedness. I'm surprised that she did not lose 50 pounds by vomiting after every speech that she had to give for him to pay back her campaign debt!
True, Hillary would've done something like that... even though it might've messed up the DNC and she's tied to those losers so she might not have...

I guess we can just hope Obama makes enough people mad at him with his inexperience that he doesn't last long as president.