Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

View Poll Results: Who will win the election?
McCain, by a landslide 1 6.67%
McCain, by a landslide
1 6.67%
McCain, very narrowly 5 33.33%
McCain, very narrowly
5 33.33%
Obama, by a landslide 2 13.33%
Obama, by a landslide
2 13.33%
Obama, very narrowly 6 40.00%
Obama, very narrowly
6 40.00%
Other 1 6.67%
Other
1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Vendetta Ride

Default Who will win the Presidential election?

I think it's pretty obvious how most of us feel about the upcoming election, but in this poll, I'd like to be as realistic as possible. Setting apart your preferences, who do you really think will win?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 AM

VR,

I do think McCain will win, but this will be a real close.

Atlas
Old 10-18-2008, 04:19 PM

I also think McCain/Palin will win...but it will be close.

Blessings,

Billie
Old 10-18-2008, 05:16 PM

I am not sure. I have looked at a lot of things. one thing that tells me McCain wont win is the fact that according to biased news Obama has 2/3rds of the Electoral vote.

he is already picking out the drapes and new paint for the white house. and his staff is ready to move in tommorrow as if they have already won.

if McCain wins there will be rioting in the streets as we never saw in the 60's and if Obama wins we will be collapsed economically in two years, and we will see reverse prejudicism, enslavement and murders of the white monority on an unpresidented scale. see what is going on in South Africa since the blacks took over and how the whites are treated as a minority.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 PM

I think Obama will win it by little. I hope not though.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
if McCain wins there will be rioting in the streets as we never saw in the 60's and if Obama wins we will be collapsed economically in two years, and we will see reverse prejudicism, enslavement and murders of the white monority on an unpresidented scale. see what is going on in South Africa since the blacks took over and how the whites are treated as a minority.
You're exactly right, brother. Whoever wins, this campaign has set race relations back at least 40 years. My black brothers and sisters in Christ still treat me the same; but strangers on the street are openly hostile. It's terrible.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:28 PM

Unfortunately, I also think Obama will win by a small margin. The thought of possible "fraud" in our election process really bothers me. But, God is still on His throne, Jesus Christ is Lord, and His word is truth, regardless of what happens!

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8).
Old 10-19-2008, 04:19 PM

regardless of what happens all powers are ordained of God. If this is God's way of fulfilling scripture to get the economic power under the control of the Roman Empire which is European then so be it. but at any rate the US must collapse economically for that to take place.

if it does that mean we as Christians are to be saved from the collapsing of the US? it is hard to say we may have to go through it. It would for sure cause a great falling away because many will be disappointed that they had to suffer monetary loss of their prosperity. and if the US collapses then the whole world does and it would leave the world open for the revealing of the Anti-Christ, which can't take place until after the church is gathered to Christ.

it is going to be intresting to watch what takes place the days after the election and or during his term. If Obama is elected things may go normally at first and then later a collapsing. if McCain wins there will be rioting in the streets the same day it is announced. so it all depends on what God wants to happen.

I could be totally wrong and things will go on as usual and the US continues to fall apart under Democratic rule.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM

I think Obama will win, Law of averages say its gonna be a Democrat.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
and if the US collapses then the whole world does and it would leave the world open for the revealing of the Anti-Christ, which can't take place until after the church is gathered to Christ.
I have a genuine question about a verse I read in 2 Thess 2 yesterday

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

It seems to say that that day (the rapture) shall not come until there be a falling away first, and the man of sin is revealed (the antichrist).

In other words, the Anti-Christ will be revealed before the church is raptured.