Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union
Default California

Gay marriage is now illegal in California, as of today.

I think you all can guess my current emotions. Please pray especially for my state as we brace for this new wave of insanity. However, it's not like this hasn't been going on.

What have you done with my country, Satan?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
I think you mean legal, since the CA Supreme Court once again struck down a law passed by the voters of that state...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM

It doesn't suprise me. I think Massachusetts was first.
My home state.
http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008...997.txt?sPos=1
Sept. 2007 our Church along with others signed petitions to overturn this decison.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:11 AM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

haha, I must have been so angry that I wrote illegal, I even do that when I'm speaking.

I meant to say
*Gay marriage is now LEGAL in California*
Old 05-22-2008, 02:26 PM

Yep,,,and just a couple of weeks ago that cesspool in Sacramento was going after "Home Schoolers". Just another reason that like Mr. Lot centuries ago, I left Smogifornia last July...and never looked back. This isn't really a big surprise, considering the new Governator who is at best a twice a year Roman Catholic, appoints for his main assistant a lesbian democrat that used to work for the former leftist Governor.

The late Dr. Francis Scheaffer warned about things like this in his books and lectures. When Preachers/Pastors/Teachers/Elders/Professors quit taking hard stands and instead start taking about "getting along with" [Fill in the blank______] then the "easy attitude" filters down to the congregation and they take that attitude back to the Monday-Friday world.

"If you Stand for nothing--You'll fall for anything."
Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Truth4Today

Exclamation We Must Love Homosexuals, But Hate Homosexuality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post

I think you all can guess my current emotions. Please pray especially for my state as we brace for this new wave of insanity. However, it's not like this hasn't been going on.

What have you done with my country, Satan?
Now remember, the NIV says, Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1Cor. 6:9-10). Stop offending the homosexuals cause its in the bible. Ha, ha, ha!!!

Yah! It is in the preverted bible!

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)
Old 05-27-2008, 09:18 AM

This only seems to spawn new perversions.

Leviticus 18 verse 22:
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Here is a clip on Transgendered children.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvuZNS-Wgck

Last night Headline news had a news report on this subject,but i could not find it.

Last edited by Jeremy; 05-27-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
joshjefflawn

Its rather interesting to that they just officaly anounced that California is in a drought, you reckon God is starting to Judge that state, the Economy is going down the tubs, they'er now having a drought, the sit on a major fault, does the San Andres Ring a Bell.
It is rather interesting to see a state shake there hands at God so Violently and not expect to get what they are asking for.
Well the not so great state of Oregon is not to far behing. Portland just voted in a openly Gay Mayor, the state has now allowed "civil unions" thats marrige with a not so "religious" name. And they tried to pass a law that would make it illeagle for the out side funtions of a church, such as a bookstore, bible institute and so one to dicriminate based on "sexual orientation" like there some kind of race. Not in while us KJV Bible Believeing Christians are still here.
Well even though things are getting a little scary to say the leased, God is doing some amazing thins, even in a state like Oregon that has never had a revival. Our church, Cornerstone Baptist Church in little old Springfield Or, are going to start a Bible Institute, I am enrolled to start in August.
So evedently the Lord isn't finnesthed with the Church age yet. So we must unite as Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. We must make sure that the book we call the Bible Is acctually Gods Word (AV 1611). And we must stand in these last days. "¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Eph 6:11-18