Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Here is a link there is to much to copy, and scan on one page. These definitions differ quite a bit from the older list, in almost every number.
Notice this list does not contain some of the three digit numbers, and contains numbers that the older does not.

http://www.biblenews1.com/define/number.htm
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 AM

Maybe a new thread for numerology is needed. But I will post this here anyways.

Samuel, those lists of numbers are garbage.

2 is Division as stated in the link in your second post.

3 is the Trinity, or scripturally, the Godhead. Not the Resurrection of Jesus. That is just the proof of his divinity.

5 is not Grace. It is the number of death. First man dies in Gen 5:5. The whole fifth chapter of Genesis is death. Death has five letters. So does grace, but you have to have death to have grace. D-E-V-I-L. S-A-T-A-N. What about all the references to the "Fifth Rib". Those just prove that if you think that 5 is grace, you have to reject scripture.

10 is not "completeness" or the "Laws". This is the number of the Gentiles throughout. The first gentile kingdom is started in Gen 10:10. The Missionary plan for the gentiles is given in Romans 10. &c.

12 is the number of Israel. How much more clear (or more clearer)can you get? I am not going to give those references. If you don't see that; then you don't read your Bible.

And Finally...

13 is REBELLION not "Double Blessing". To say that is willful rejection of the revelations of Scripture.

I'm not trying you call you out personally, but, some lists on numerology are a joke. Most people make their lists based on ignoring the inspiration of the verses and chapter system in a King James Bible. To say that, you have to have never looked into it. I used to think they were just an invention of man. Needlesstosay, I don't anymore.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:55 AM

No I am not an adherent of numerology myself. But the first or older list, is much closer than the second or latter one.

Actually there have many such lists, and all differ. And all prove exactly nothing.

In the first place the scriptures, "none of them", were broken down into chapter, and verse. So no method of numbering works, beyond that! of the person who believes it.

Last edited by Samuel; 03-25-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:13 PM

I believe that the King James Bible that I have right in front of me is scripture. Last time I looked, it had chapters and verses in it.

You do believe that the King James is scripture, don't you?

Quote:
So no method of numbering works, beyond that! of the person who believes it.
Who cares about the lists? I care what my Bible says about numbers. I form my opinions and understanding about numbers (and anything) based on what the Bible says about it. Go ahead and reject it, but you're missing out on something God has given you to learn from and get a blessing from.

ps I love ending sentences in prepositions.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 PM

Do you think honestly that the Apostles, and even the early Church had a King James Bible. The numbering /chapter system started with the Geneva Bible, unless I am mistaken, and it was a little earlier.

But at any rate it wasnt untill sometime in the 16th century that chapters, and numbers was developed. Much less, when Isaiah wrote his Scroll.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:27 PM

So. Answer me clearly. Is there scripture that I can get ahold of? Please tell me where it is so that I can get some.

IF there is no scripture around today, there is no sense arguing about doctrine because we are to get our DOCTRINE from the SCRIPTURE according to II Timothy 3:16. Let me ask you, where do you get your doctrine from?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM

I don't know of anyone that has developed Doctrine, based on numerology. As far as I know, its done on the study of Scripture. The numbering system came into being, so we would have an easier way to find wanted passages of scripture.

In fact the Bible warns against Astrology, which any system of numbers is a part of. Not our chapters, and verses, but the use of numbers to determine answers. Such as the Bible Code (sic).

The KJV is scripture, in case that's the answer you were looking for.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 AM

Quoted fromFred
6. voices(plural) in heaven 6. with the voice(sing.) of archangel

Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Clearly the trumpets are voices or the sound of trumpets are called voices. Interesting to note is is a single trumpet and multiple voice

Samuel, numerology as you are describing as what some are doing with the Kabala and the De Vinci code, is not a biblical way of Study. stear clear of distractions as those of numerology and just simply study the Bible simply. it is its own dictionary and interpretation.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Default The trumpet that speaks words

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Quoted fromFred
6. voices(plural) in heaven 6. with the voice(sing.) of archangel

Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Clearly the trumpets are voices or the sound of trumpets are called voices. Interesting to note is is a single trumpet and multiple voice

Samuel, numerology as you are describing as what some are doing with the Kabala and the De Vinci code, is not a biblical way of Study. stear clear of distractions as those of numerology and just simply study the Bible simply. it is its own dictionary and interpretation.
While I have to admit that Revelation 8:13 refers to the sound of the trumpet but not all voice/s of heaven refer to it. Examples, in Revelation 5:11-12, the voice and the loud voice is not a direct reference to the sound of the trumpet. In Revelation 6:9-10, the voice refer to here as the voice of them that were slain for the Word of God. In Revelation 7: 10-12, this loud voice came from the "...great multitude,which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and peoples, and tongues...", again this is not in reference to the sound of the trumpet. Now, in Revelation 15:15 there is a sound of the trumpet and there were also "voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever". I don't think the voices that says here is synonymous to the sound of the trumpet.

Jude 25
Old 04-06-2009, 02:56 AM

definitely the voices were trumpeted.