Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
wwjd.usa

Default Pray for destruction of false teaching

I went to my school's FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting. The teacher who is the club's sponsor was teaching different things to the people. Most teachings were correct and indeed good teachings. Then he promoted the idea of Christians going to the military. I know that it's wrong for Christians to go to the military voluntarily and kill people.

Please pray for the FCA teacher, so that God would uncover him the Truth. Friday, I plan to speak to him on the subject of military. Please also pray, so that God would uncover to him that it's wrong to kill people, and that it's wrong to advise the people to go to the military.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-01-2008, 05:19 PM

I pray for your false teaching that one can attain sinless perfection in this life.
I will also pray against teaching that going to war is ok
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
wwjd.usa

Thanks.

Also, please pray for my church.

There are some people in the church that believe in using one CUP in a communion. There are other people that want to use multiple CUPS in a church durring a communion.

I am one of the people that believes in using one CUP, just like Jesus did with his desciple.

On the last communion the people who believed in using one cup, all used one cup. The people who believed in using multiple cups, all used multiple cups. In other words, everything was peaceful. We comprimised, so that everyone would do the way they understand.

Then, today the people who are for using multiple cups, rose up and are making everyone argue. The people who are for multiple cups, are trying to force everyone use multiple cups.

Please pray for our church, so that the people who use multiple cups, would calm down and stop arguing. Also, pray so that the people who believe in using one cup would be able to continue using one cup. Thank You.

For if everyone would be forsed to use multiple cups, then the church would most likely break into two churches. So please pray
Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM

Brother, I try to say this in love and compassion.

Why do you strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel?

Using one cup or multiple is hardly a false teaching. I don't want to use any cup. I don't want to share my germs with others (I have a mouth infection at the moment brought about from a steroid nasal spray for my bad sinuses so it's pretty gross). We use little glasses at church.

The ordinance is the bread and grape juice (yup, juice - fruit of the vine), not bread and cup.

You are concerned over this... I can only imagine that your concern is because you believe using multiple cups is sinning and you will lose your salvation?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM

WWJD & People,

Quote:
it's wrong to kill people, and that it's wrong to advise the people to go to the military.
It is not always wrong to kill people, nor is it wrong to join the military. You need to read the Bible. This will clear up all of this false teaching that you believe.

Quote:
I will also pray against teaching that going to war is ok.

There is a time for war in the Bible.

Quote:
Ecc. 3:8

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Quote:
Pray for destruction of false teaching
I will pray that your anti Biblical views of war and killing people will come to destruction, and that you will not be able to advocate this false teaching to others.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-02-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM

Hey atlas

Yes going to war is ok biblicaly, but not to profit from oil. Thats what I pray against, sending men to die not for their country, but for someones wallet.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:37 PM

People,

Quote:
Yes going to war is ok biblicaly, but not to profit from oil.

If the war was about oil, why did we go to war with Afghanistan? Afghanistan dose not have any oil. Then why go to war with Iraq, they have very little oil compared to Saudi Arabia. We also are not getting one dime from the oil in Iraq. That might also be something you may should know.

Saudi Arabia would have been the place to go to war. If the war was about oil that is. They have more oil than any other nation on earth. So you are wrong on the issue of why we went to war in the first place. You pay to much attention to the commies running the press.

Quote:
Thats what I pray against

Well no need to waste you time praying about the going to war for oil issue. This is not the issue. If it were the issue you'd be praying about the war in Saudi Arabia. Try praying for something else, it will be a much better use of your time.

Atlas
Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Easy up there Atlas, I am one of the ones that are on the outside looking in, I live in Belfast and there has been much unrest through the years, killing, bombing civil unrest and it has been a source of division through what some would class as war, or the "troubles" I am against this "political warfare". I will admit I am ignorant about Iraq and the USA so you are probably right, I shouldn't have answered.
My Grandfather served in WW2 and my Great Grandfather in WW1 so I do have my share of war horror stories from Him. Good counsel, I shall turn my prayers to the safety of the troops.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Brother, I try to say this in love and compassion.

Why do you strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel?

Using one cup or multiple is hardly a false teaching. I don't want to use any cup. I don't want to share my germs with others (I have a mouth infection at the moment brought about from a steroid nasal spray for my bad sinuses so it's pretty gross). We use little glasses at church.

The ordinance is the bread and grape juice (yup, juice - fruit of the vine), not bread and cup.

You are concerned over this... I can only imagine that your concern is because you believe using multiple cups is sinning and you will lose your salvation?
What I believe, is that it's not about germ sharing, it about having the exact type of communion, in the exact type of circumstances that Jesus had. For this reason, I believe is using wine in communion and using one cup, just like Jesus did.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
WWJD & People,

It is not always wrong to kill people, nor is it wrong to join the military. You need to read the Bible. This will clear up all of this false teaching that you believe.

There is a time for war in the Bible.

I will pray that your anti Biblical views of war and killing people will come to destruction, and that you will not be able to advocate this false teaching to others.

Atlas
First pray, and then read these verses. Please base your opinion on the war not on how the your believes are, but how the Bible teaches.

Matthew 5:44 – Jesus commanded to Love our enemies. How can we should love to our enemies (people of Iraq) if we go and kill them.

Matthew 26:51-52 – When Peter tried to use physical violence (Sword) Jesus stopped Peter

Genesis 9:5-6 – God himself clearly forbids killing of people

Matthew 24 - In this chapter, Jesus talks about the last days. Jesus mentions many bad characteristics/sins of the last days, and then he says that in the last days there would be many wars. Jesus implies that wars are bad

3 John 1:11 – He that does good is of God. He that does bad, is not of God

Luke 7:12-13 It is not good when weep. Also, it is not good, when someone dies, (especially, when someone dies at a young age, because of death at a war)

John 10:10 – The Devil comes to kill, steal and destroy. God is against destructions, killing, stealing (oil) and wars. In the NT God never told the people to use violence. Instead, as I previously said, God forbids violence

Matthew 10:39 - The only good reason of dying, is dying for Christ (and not die for secular activities [war]).

Luke 9:54-56 The disciples of Jesus offer to Jesus to destroy the city. Jesus forbade the destruction and violence.

If every single Christian goes to war, and every single one of the Christians is killed, then atheists and would be rulling US

I agree with you that God in the OLD testament allowed his followers to kill. However, in the NEW testament, God forbids killing