General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Guys,

Make a Ruckman post on conservapedia, I just looked and there is not anything listed about Ruckman there. Just an idea.

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Guys,

Make a Ruckman post on conservapedia, I just looked and there is not anything listed about Ruckman there. Just an idea.

Atlas
I plan to do just that, brother. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM
aussiemama

Anyone who is great with websites could make a site kind of along the lines of conservapedia but call it Biblepedia...just an idea. You could restrict who signed up and make sure they were only Bible Believers and that only the KJB was used etc.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM

Robert and I tried that once before. It was all set up, but there wasn't much interest in it. Vince posted a few things on there, but it probably wasn't publicised much. It'd be good to do, but it would have to be moderated heavily.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM

I was thinking about this actually.. it's something I would be able to do, that would help me with Bible study. TBDI has pretty much convinced me of the gap, but not entirely. Still some questions (vince will be happy haha), but I am very teachable.

Anyway, I was thinking of registering the domain

www.emrbible.com (stands for Everyman's Reference Bible - kind of an allussion to the Common Man's Reference Bible, but online - everyman = common man) and allow trusted people to add devotions, studies, commentaries to books of the Bible. By trusted, I mean dispensational ruckmanites haha.

If it is something that people will get behind, it would be another great resource, built by Bible believers for Bible believers, then I am more than willing to start it up, though I am less willing to moderate it. I find moderating quite a difficult task, and in the past, I've had a bad attitude about it and used the power for bad, but I think a wiki wouldn't really need moderation (I'd just ban anyone that was posting rubbish, and revert it).

A wiki also allows for differing opinions on minor doctrines to present their points without arguing and creating division amongst the brethren
Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Luke, I'd be happy to host your domain if you'd like!! (hehe it's actually Luke's hosting that I've been mooching for two years!)

Yes, I'm happy to hear about you and the Gap becoming friends! I always knew you'd come around if someone was able to explain it to you better than I. Praise the Lord!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM

It was this verse which really made me think

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Speaking of a great judgment (I am assuming at the end of the tribulation, beginning of the millennium).
Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It was this verse which really made me think

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Speaking of a great judgment (I am assuming at the end of the tribulation, beginning of the millennium).
For me it was the fact that God didn't say the firmament (air, atmosphere) was good, while He said everything else was good. Since I believe Satan fell before the Creation in Genesis 1:3, and he's the Prince of the powers of the air, that started to make me think.

The use of the same exact phrase in Genesis 1:2 and Jeremiah 4:23 really made me think hard about it too.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM

I have been thinking lately that it would be good to have a KJBapedia (or whatever you are going to call it).

Quote:
A wiki also allows for differing opinions on minor doctrines to present their points without arguing and creating division amongst the brethren
As long as the people who control it are a. in control, b. moderate, and c. generally sound in their doctrine.

While there are going to be differences of doctrine, these should be as little as possible allowed, but rather a common presentation of the truth of the KJB.

Having said that, a proper KJB position is not a TR position.

I think it is possible to have good moderation without being caught up in extremes or contentious doctrinal issues outside of the particular field of KJBology.

I encourage you to set this up.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
Anyone who is great with websites could make a site kind of along the lines of conservapedia but call it Biblepedia...just an idea. You could restrict who signed up and make sure they were only Bible Believers and that only the KJB was used etc.
I have just discovered, in the last couple of days, a site called Christopedia, which claims to be very similar to your description. I haven't studied it yet, so I'm not recommending it, but here it is:

http://christopedia.atwiki.com/page/...20Christopedia