Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Default My battle with the world

1 John 2:15 (KJV) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

My brothers and sisters, I'm really struggling with something. I'm battling finding balance in my walk as a Christian. In my early years as a Christian I still practiced a lot of things that mature Christians would consider to be carnal. As I grew in the faith God began to give me new eyes. I now see a world full of complete wickedness, and I don't want to be entangled in any of those things. But the struggle is that even things that aren't innately wicked can entangle. Things like reading a fictional book concern me (I posted on this at baptist1611). I find that with myself I often obsess over everything that I find interesting. And I worry that if I read a book I like it will take my focus off of Christ.

Romans 14:23 (KJV) And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Really any hobbie could become a distraction. This really concerns me. I don't want to become distracted. How do I find balance? Should I allow myself to get involved with hobbies and recreational activities that aren't "of faith"? My faith and love for Jesus Christ is so on fire right now, and I don't want that to change.

*sigh* I wasn't sure when I began to write this if I'd be able to truly express my concern in this post. So I guess my prayer request is that I would find this balance, and that God would use me EVERY DAY to bring glory to Him.

Philippians 3:7-14 (KJV) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Peace and Love,
Stephen