Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Well My Internet Quota for the moment is quite High, I think I may be online too much, how about you ?
I must admit I spend a great deal of time at Crazy Crow Trading Post and Moscow Hide and Furs and not enough time amongst my cult following.

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The FFF are a bunch of fools. Almost every last one of them. I got my problems I know, but I don't pretend I don't.

There argument goes like this

Gipp got his degree from PBI. Ruckman runs PBI. Ruckman is weird. Sam Gipp is weird. His degree is weird. Everything he writes is weird. Let's disregard it all because of that. If we can make people THINK he is bonkers, they won't actually read anything he wrote, but instead, copy and paste from me or someone else to support their reasoning. It's what they all do with Ruckman.
Yeah,so we are suppose to listen to a person who has a skull and cross bones for an avatar.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You know.. local church colleges with no 501c3 status or other government accreditation doesn't mean that they are diploma mills.

People work hard for those degrees, regardless of whether or not they COST $100 or $10,000.

You can't put a price on the study of God's word. And just because someone went to a great college doesn't make them a good student of the word.
Paul said he became all things to all men. His status as a Pharisee allowed him access to the synagogues, his status as a Roman citizen also allowed him a get out of jail free card for the jail at Philippi. Paul was certainly one of the most well educated men of his time. I know Dr. Ruckman's school is by no means a diploma mill, you have to move to Pensacola, find a job and a place to live as they have no dormitories and it's at least 2 years of rock hard Bible study. My buddy Pastor Jordan has for the last 25 years had what his church calls Grace School Of The Bible. It's straight bible study where he teaches through video. He issues no degrees but I think you have the option to be ordained. It's like 100, 200 bucks or something, most of that is just shipping for the videos.

I dont begrudge a man a degree, we have to keep it in perspective that God is not a respector of persons. OIf that degree is used to open doors of opportunity then all the better.

Grace and peace Luke

Tony
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 PM

That clip they posted is three minutes of a 3 hour debate. The debate is really good to watch. For most of the debate, Gipp and the other KJB guy own them. Then they keep asking this dumb question about "where was the Bible before 1611". They actually cut a bit out where an editor of the NKJV loses his voice for a few minutes.

Sam Gipp answers honestly - WHO CARES! He wasn't there, so why does anyone care. Gipp owns this debate. White and Wallace are childish and continually interupt with baby questions and childish interjections. Gipp says something and they start running over him with "why why why" while he is in the middle of explaining why.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM

Default Re: "Sam Gipp's degree"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Alas, it appears that some of the Bible correcting pink panty brethren have taken it upon themselves to use this issue to bash Bro. Gipp and the KJV:
http://www.fundamentalforums.com/bib...confusion.html

OOOPS, sorry Greektim, did I "drop a bomb" on you?
Aloha brother Parrish,

Thanks for the heads up (the "link"). Isn't it interesting how Greektim is about as "two-faced" as a hypocrite can get?

If this young man had an honest or sincere question since he "joined" our Forum, you couldn't "PROVE IT" by what he says on the FFF!

Here is what he said over there:

Quote:
"Off topic...that thread was absolutely crazy. I just had a curious question and got unloaded on for asking."
For the record: He didn't just get "unloaded on for asking" a question! He was called on the carpet because his past Posts on the AV1611 Bible Forums (and his own blog) had already exposed him for someone who is not just asking honest questions, but who is: ". . . . extremely against the KJV only view." In other words, he came here with a hidden "agenda", and because he appears to be so "gentile", so "nice" and so "polite" - never speaking "harsh", always careful not to speak plainly, and cleverly avoiding answering direct questions; some people on this Forum have mistakenly judged him as being sincere. Well his own Posts (on this site and on FFF) have PROVEN OTHERWISE!

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

And then in regards to those of us on this Forum he quotes (on FFF):

Proverbs 15:1–2 (NASB)
Quote:
Proverbs 1. A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
2. The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, But the mouth of fools spout folly.
What Greektim doesn't have the guts (or the honesty) to state here, he gladly "testifies" to on the FFF. {Where the Bible correctors & deniers can become a "Fundamental Pope" ("freesundayschoollessons"); or a "Master of Fundamentalism" ("timotheos" there - i.e. "Greektim" here) - "TITLES" that I am sure that most of here on this Forum "aspire to"! }

So deep down in his little perverse heart, sweet "Timmy" really and truly thinks (and openly declares on FFF) that we are just a bunch of FOOLS that are just spouting FOLLY! Of course he doesn't DARE say that here, but over "there" his TRUE CHARACTER comes through = a disingenuous HYPOCRITE!

I just can't leave a 'quote' from the corrupt NASB, without citing the verses as recorded in the King James Bible.

The HOLY BIBLE:
Quote:
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
There is "no profit" in continuing trying to reason with this young man. He "already knows all there is to know", and he has judged us to be "fools", and what we believe, to be "folly"; what more do we need, before we separate ourselves from him and avoid him?

James 1:8
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Psalms 12:2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
That clip they posted is three minutes of a 3 hour debate. The debate is really good to watch. For most of the debate, Gipp and the other KJB guy own them. Then they keep asking this dumb question about "where was the Bible before 1611". They actually cut a bit out where an editor of the NKJV loses his voice for a few minutes.

Sam Gipp answers honestly - WHO CARES! He wasn't there, so why does anyone care. Gipp owns this debate. White and Wallace are childish and continually interupt with baby questions and childish interjections. Gipp says something and they start running over him with "why why why" while he is in the middle of explaining why.
WHAT! those modern version advocates "edited" that video so that it "suited" their "purpose" and so that their view becomes the "correct" view.
Sounds a lot like what their scholarly translators did with their bible versions.

Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

I think by now "genuine" Bible believers on the forum and many who "lurk" know there is an agenda with these men. As brother George says their words are all sweet and "innocent" and speeches fair. I am certainly not deceived nor are many others.
let me put it this way and pose a question

"Would you(critic/corrector) walk into a Church, a bible believing Church and try and snatch the Book from peoples hands? and If so what would you put in their hands in its place?"

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I thank the Lord that we do have a continual source of genuine Born again Bible believing Christians who find these forums by the grace of God and I pray that those who are "new" to manuscripts and "bible versions" come to see the "irrefutable truth" about where God has left his words for today, in one place, in one book, the AV1611.
Please do not be swayed, disheartened, or let your faith in the Book be diminished, God forbid!
Just study the Book, feed of the Book and know you have all the words of God in your hands and BELIEVE it and by studying the Perfect, Pure, Preserved Book, the counterfeits become oh so apparent.

The Bible is correct, we must submit to its teachings.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

The Apostle Paul "beseeches" that it quite urgent to avoid this type of man, while it is hard not to answer their fruitless questions, we must refrain until their puff runs out of steam

Webster's 1828 Dictionary [A-J]
beseech
BESEE'CH, v.t. pret. and pp.besought.

To entreat; to supplicate; to implore; to ask or pray with urgency; followed by a person; as, "I Paul beseech you by the meekness of Christ,", 2 Cor.10.; or by a thing; as, I beseech your patience.

There are many who join this forum who are NOT Bible believers, but are struggling with the question "Which Bible?" and I have all the time that God spares me for these people and I will not force what I know and believe down their throats but let scripture say more than I can ever say, Gods words wont return onto him void. As for the purposed deniers, critics, scorners, fundamental popes, masters of fundamentalism, Take it somewhere else.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 AM

Default To reply or not to reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Parrish,

Thanks for the heads up (the "link"). Isn't it interesting how Greektim is about as "two-faced" as a hypocrite can get?

I am hoping you will be able to show from my words where I have been hypocritical and disingenuous.

If this young man had an honest or sincere question since he "joined" our Forum, you couldn't "PROVE IT" by what he says on the FFF!

So here comes the proof....yes?

Here is what he said over there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim "Timotheos"
"Off topic...that thread was absolutely crazy. I just had a curious question and got unloaded on for asking."
For the record: He didn't just get "unloaded on for asking" a question! I feel that I did but whatever... He was called on the carpet because his past Posts on the AV1611 Bible Forums (and his own blog) had already exposed him for someone who is not just asking honest questions, Nothing from my blog or this forum would indicate that I had an agenda other than I am against the KJVO doctrine. You judged my motives before you even knew me. but who is: ". . . . extremely against the KJV only view." In other words, he came here with a hidden "agenda" that's your opinion (what would my agenda be anyways???), and because he appears to be so "gentile", so "nice" and so "polite" - never speaking "harsh" to this I do not apologize, always careful not to speak plainly, and cleverly avoiding answering direct questions; some people on this Forum have mistakenly judged him as being sincere. Well his own Posts (on this site and on FFF) have PROVEN OTHERWISE!

Still waiting to see clear statements from myself that actually proves otherwise.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

And then in regards to those of us on this Forum he quotes (on FFF):

What Greektim doesn't have the guts (or the honesty) to state here, he gladly "testifies" to on the FFF. What exactly do I not have the guts for? I will dialogue with anything you want, brother. {Where the Bible correctors & deniers can become a "Fundamental Pope" ("freesundayschoollessons"); or a "Master of Fundamentalism" ("timotheos" there - i.e. "Greektim" here) - "TITLES" that I am sure that most of here on this Forum "aspire to"! } I don't care for those titles either.

So deep down in his little perverse heart ad hominem, sweet "Timmy" ad hominem really and truly thinks (and openly declares on FFF, of course you have proof for such a convicting claim...) that we are just a bunch of FOOLS that are just spouting FOLLY on the contrary actually...I appreciate your passion for the Word of God! Of course he doesn't DARE say that here, but over "there" his TRUE CHARACTER comes through = a disingenuous HYPOCRITE! Still would like some plain proof that I am being a hypocrite.

I just can't leave a 'quote' from the corrupt NASB, without citing the verses as recorded in the King James Bible.

The HOLY BIBLE:
There is "no profit" in continuing trying to reason with this young man. He "already knows all there is to know", and he has judged us to be "fools" would like to see where I make that statement about you, and what we believe, to be "folly"; what more do we need, before we separate ourselves from him and avoid him?

James 1:8
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Psalms 12:2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Posts like these give the KJVO crowd a bad name and ruin your testimony. Fortunately, there are those who are kind-hearted and can discuss issues without the ad hominem attacks. I praise the Lord for your zeal for God's Word, but you are ready to call down fire from heaven when Jesus' method is love and deliverance (cf. Luke 9:51-56). As a personal testimony, the person with whom I have had the best dialogue with and have been challenged the most by is the perosn who has spoken to me with respect and honest debate yet rebuked me when I got out of line. It is from someone like this that will ever have an impact with people like me.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 PM

Default RE; "Sam Gipp's degree"

Aloha brother Steven (POTW),

Please notice what I have gleaned from checking out brother Parish's "Link":

Quote:
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
freesundayschoollessons > Join Date: May 2008 > Location: Davison, Michigan > Posts: 2,676 {!}
Fundamental Pope
{NOTE: “freesundayschoollessons” was BANNED TWICE from the AV1611 Bible Forums!}

Sam Gipp: Degree confusion
Hey Timotheos: {“Greektim” on this Forum} I have been following your thread at av1611.com and found an interesting confusion on Gipp's site. He claims to have a Ph.D. then he claims to have a Th.D.

Did you notice this? Does he have both or is this a discrepancy?

Barry at www.freesundayschoollessons.org/forum/
My Facebook profile
  • The KJVO insists a small dot in one letter changes the whole interpretation of Psalm 12.
  • The KJVO insists that being "gathered" during a time of war does not mean being "captured." Isa 13:15
“Greektim’s” Response:
Quote:
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
timotheos > Join Date: Dec 2008 > Location: σομαι ο εἰμί > Posts: 783
Master of Fundamentalism

I didn't notice the PhD. I just saw the ThD claim. Does anyone here know where he got the degree?

Off topic...that thread was absolutelycrazy. I just had a curious question and got unloaded on for asking.

Off topic #2...I'm wearin' my Wings jersey (end of 2nd period right now). I'm not ashamed either. I dress up for a hockey game
Ransom > Join Date: Nov 2005 > Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada > Posts: 18,134 {!!!}
Forum Sage

From what I've heard, Sam the Gipper's "degrees" come from Pensacola Bible Institute and Clarksville School of Theology. The former is Dr. Petey Ruckman's church-basement toy "college," and the latter is a defunct degree mill in Tennessee. His academic credentials are, in a word, worthless.
Take care,

Scott
"I like children." - mstucky, preaching against "queers," reveals a little TMI.

"In the heat of composition I find that I have inadvertently allowed myself to assume the form of a large centipede. I am accordingly dictating the rest to my secretary." - C. S. Lewis
Ah now, can’t you just “feel” the “love” pouring out of every single word the “dear brother” uttered? What was that about ad homonym attacks?

Sam the Gipper's "degrees" / The former is Dr. Petey Ruckman's church-basement toy "college," / “the latter is a defunct degree mill in Tennessee. His academic credentials are, in a word, worthless.

Ah yes, aren’t these the kind, gentile, sweet, and lovely people? Wouldn’t you just want to be friends with them and fellowship with them? NOT!

WHY isn’t Greektim “offended” by these MALICIOUS REMARKS? Hmmm?

Proverbs 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Quote:
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
freesundayschoollessons Join Date: May 2008 > Location: Davison, Michigan > Posts: 2,676 {!}
Fundamental Pope

Certainly, there is much lacking with Gipp's work to be considered him as having reached a terminal degree.
  • The KJVO insists that being "gathered" during a time of war does not mean being "captured." Isa 13:15
Quote:
05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
SAWBONES > Join Date: Jan 2009 > Posts: 129
Master of Fundamentalism

I've lately watched sympathetically while friend timotheos has attempted to initiate honest interactions over at the AV1611 BB, but I don't and will not post there. I've been checking that board on and off for something over six months, and it's clearly quite unfriendly to anyone not a "member of the club". There are some occasional issues of interest brought up in posts, nonetheless, but it mostly seems to serve as a bastion of "KJVO political correctness".

If one inquires about or questions anything at all regarding the absolute preeminence of the KJV, and doesn't sycophantically conform immediately to the Party Line, he's branded as a "Bible Corrector" or given some other derogatory label. (They actually have ready-made lists of such!)

Questions about the education or authority of KJVO figureheads like Mr. Gipp or Dr. Ruckman are altogether off-limits.

Apparently nearly everyone there has a "KJV chip on his shoulder", and an unreasonable level of suspicion as well as a pre-prepared animosity ready to be directed toward any new poster until he says any of the magic phrases or passwords (to the effect of "I believe that the KJV is the only real and true Bible"), after which newbies are given a cautious or qualified welcome.

While it's nice for KJVO folks to have their own BB, it's too bad that they feel so defensive about their chosen version of the Bible that their first posture toward newcomers who don't correctly pronounce the shibboleth is one of hostile suspicion and outright rudeness.
Quote:
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
jrw > Join Date: Jun 2006 > Location: TN > Posts: 330
Master of Fundamentalism

Wow, Tim... looked at the forums over there out of curiosity. You must have some thick skin. I've never seen so many person attacks based on a simple question...

Kind of amusing that they all accuse you of trying to drum up a person attack on Gipp based on where he got his degree, but have no problem making personal attacks on you based on a question about where he got his degree. Basically, "Don't try to attack him like we are attacking you right now!"
jrw
And here is Timotheus’ (i.e. “Greektim”) response to all of the above:

Quote:
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
timotheos > Join Date: Dec 2008 > Location: σομαι ο εἰμί > Posts: 783
Prov 15:1-2 NASB

{That's it! But here is what it says in the corrupt NASV}

Proverbs 15:1. A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
2. The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, But the mouth of fools spout folly.
Now WHO do you suppose - that "kind" & "gentile" (AND NEVER A "HARSH" WORD)) Tim was referring to? Hmmm? I may be dense, but I’m not that dense - not to see that those NASB “verses” were aimed directly at US!

They certainly weren’t aimed at the “Fundamental Pope” (“freesundayschoollessons”); or the “Master of Fundamentalism” (“jrw”); or the “Master of Fundamentalism” (“SAWBONES” – here on the AV1611 Bible Forums); or the “Forum Sage” (“Ransom”)! And if they weren’t in reference to all of those nice, sweet, and polite people, then WHO could young Timmy be possibly be referring to? Hmmm?

He couldn’t possibly be referring to us as “FOOLS” – could he? He couldn’t possibly be saying that when we defend the King James Bible that we are spouting “FOLLY” – could he? Oh no! He must be speaking about SOMEONE ELSE - besides US! Except he is already recorded as saying that he is: “. . . . extremely against the KJV only view.” Then WHY is he here with us “FOOLS” and our “FOLLY”? Hmmm? WHO is the bigger “FOOL”? Hmmm?

We have these wonderful “brethren” who quote C.S. Lewis (instead of the Holy Bible); who denigrate and malign the brethren with wicked and malicious remarks; who write in “tongues” (rather than speak them); who come and “JOIN” our Forum and stir up trouble, confusion, and division, and when they are called down on their clever and deceitful questions, insidious tactics, & disingenuous comments they innocently proclaim: “WHO ME”? “I haven’t done anything”! “I’m the innocent injured party”!

These people are just exactly like the Pharisees of old. [2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.] These people are the “blind leaders of the blind” [Matthew 15:14] and we know where they end up {“into the ditch”!}

WHY? WHY do they come here? We didn’t invite them. We have so little in common with them. WHY do they HATE us so? WHY can’t they stay in there “club” and we’ll stay in ours? WHY are they “lurking” in the background checking up on us? Hmmm? I wouldn’t think of going to their worthless Forum and “lurk” in the background to see what they believe, or what they are doing. I could care less! WHAT is it about them that compels’ them to come here and “spy” on us, and then go back to their “club house” and criticize and malign us? I have never gone to their site and done the same (I wouldn’t think of it – there is no “profit” or “edification” in it – it would be a total waste of my time.) – WHY do they come here and cause trouble?

Since brother Parrish gave us that “Link” I did a cursory search on the “Threads” dealing with the King James Bible issue. Just in case you “think” I have overstated something here, how about this list of “THREADS” from the FFF site:

Ruckmormon: Just for you Luke
freesundayschoollessons
Today 07:57 AM
by freesundayschoollessons

Any Bible Believers left here? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
ChaplainPaul
Today 07:42 AM
by robycop3

The KJVO myth is from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book! (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
robycop3
Yesterday 06:57 PM
by robycop3

Kjvo Has No Scriptural Support! (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
robycop3
Yesterday 06:53 PM
by robycop3

Why KJVOs should not be depended on for vocabulary
freesundayschoollessons
Yesterday 11:35 AM

Conspiracy theories!!!
freesundayschoollessons
Yesterday 10:01 AM

You had a good run solabiblia! (1 2 3)
freesundayschoollessons
05-13-2009 04:40 PM
by Jackieboy
05-12-2009 09:03 PM
by WhyEvenBother

The AV1611 bears the print of Anglicanism (1 2)
likeuntohim
05-12-2009 02:32 PM

K J V O- a damnable heresy! Or no? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Walkin' with Jesus
05-11-2009 08:29 AM
by SAWBONES

The Hermeneutic of the KJVO (1 2 3)
freesundayschoollessons
05-09-2009 04:32 PM

Poll: Which Bible Do You Read (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
ILoveTheLord
05-09-2009 03:33 PM
by SAWBONES

Sam Gipp: Degree confusion (1 2)
freesundayschoollessons
05-08-2009 07:54 PM

KJV settled in heaven... (1 2 3)
timotheos

Ed's Best KJV (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
1611ED
05-06-2009 10:29 PM
by 1611ED

Why such disdain for the originals? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
freesundayschoollessons
05-01-2009 10:32 AM
by SAWBONES

English Is BETTER Than The Greek 4 (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Jim Schoolfield
04-29-2009 10:31 AM
by Herb Evans

Which Bibles do not?
The Glory Land
04-24-2009 07:28 AM
by SAWBONES

Which KJV is inerrant?? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Stephen
04-21-2009 06:16 PM
by 1611ED

K J V O (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
The Glory Land
04-17-2009 09:38 AM
by The Glory Land

Just a thought (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Just_A_Thought
04-15-2009 11:16 PM
by SAWBONES

This guy would make a great KJVO.
BuddingTheologian
04-12-2009 05:23 PM
by SAWBONES

Matthew 26:41 in the King James Version (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
LarryN
04-11-2009 01:48 PM
by Walkin' with Jesus

Origenal Sin: The Alexandrian "corruption" revisited (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
freesundayschoollessons
04-07-2009 01:36 PM
To My KJVO Friends... (1 2 3)

A video to bring peace between the KJVOs and Modern Version advocates
freesundayschoollessons
03-30-2009 07:07 PM
by timotheos

Is the Anglican Version (AV) Translated from the Textus Receptus (TR)? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Dr. Bob Griffin
03-30-2009 08:10 AM
by Walkin' with Jesus

Does the Bible misquote Jesus?
BuddingTheologian
03-28-2009 10:20 PM
by BuddingTheologian

Earliest Preserved Greek mss.... (1 2)
BuddingTheologian
03-27-2009 08:26 PM

Does Riplinger have a counterpart? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Panthera
03-27-2009 11:58 AM
by robycop3

Johannine pericope of the adulteress 7:53-8:11 (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
timotheos
03-19-2009 01:12 PM
by Brother Tim

Do modern versions contain the very words of God? (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
William S. Correa
03-19-2009 10:37 AM
by Walkin' with Jesus

if you know Latin or Greek sign here
petrvs
03-15-2009 08:35 PM
by timotheos

Latin,Greek Bibles are grammatically sluperior than English. (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
petrvs
03-14-2009 07:57 AM
by Ransom

They have 41 pages (20 Threads X 41 Pages = approximately 821 “Threads”) most of which are critical of either the King James Bible or of King James Bible defenders!

Do you recognize any names from the above partial list? timotheos (our very own “Greektim”); robycop3 (Banned from the AV1611 Bible Forums); Just_A_Thought (Banned from the AV1611 Bible Forums); freesundayschoollessons (Banned from the AV1611 Bible Forums – TWICE! The "second time" he SNEAKED in under FALSE CIRCUMSTANCES: in plain ("harsh") language - HE LIED!); solabiblia (Banned from the AV1611 Bible Forums); SAWBONES (still “lurking” in the shadows); Mitex (?) if I didn't know better I would almost believe there is a "conspiracy" over there to UNDERMINE our Forum, but that's not possible with such "nice" people - is it?

It's obvious that all those genuine Bible believers that have been on the FFF have not made even the slightest DENT on the unbelieving and faithless "position" that many (if not most) of the "Christians" there hold concerning the King James Bible!

My question is simply: WHY BOTHER? WHY bother debating and arguing with these people? It is a hopeless exercise in FUTILITY! Poor brother Tim, and chaplain Paul, and Herb Evans (and whoever else was a real Bible believer on that Forum); they must have felt like missionaries caught at a Cannibals conference!

I refuse to engage "Greektim" anymore. I will not engage him, debate with him, or have a "meaningful discussion" with him. This young man has proven to be dishonest, disingenuous, and full of guile (I don't care how "sweet" he may "appear" - the man is a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and I am done with him.)

The sooner that some other people on this Forum begin to understand the full impact and meaning of: "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." [1 Corinthians 5:6 & Galatians 5:9]; the sooner "Greektim" will get the hint and leave and rejoin all of his sweet and lovely "buddies" over there at FFF (Birds of a feather flock together) the sooner we will have some peace (until the next Bible corrector or heretick shows up!). They accuse of as being members of a "club", and in a sense they are right. Most of us here of of the "same mind" when it comes to the issue of the King James Bible being our FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice.

But what is true of us is also true of them. Most of them belong to another "club" (admittedly a much bigger "club"); and they are all of the same mind, in that they refuse to recognize ANY BOOK, or ANY "bible"; or ANY set of manuscripts as being THE perfect, Holy, inspired, and infallible (without error) word of God, and consequently they have NO FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice other than their own puny minds!

We are in a war brothers (and sisters), and the sooner we all realize that the enemy is NOT only outside of our ranks, but that they are also within our ranks, the sooner we will be able do the work of God without being hindered by Bible correctors; Bible deniers; false brethren; wolves in sheep clothing; and hereticks.

I have made it a practice to have nothing to do with these kind of people. After 50 years I have learned (after dealing with literally dozens of "Greektim's", "solabiblia's", "freesundayschoollessons", etc.) that it is "FRUITLESS"! [Proverbs 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.] I have never convinced a single one of these skeptics to believe in the King James Bible. Did you get that? After 50 years - I have NEVER convinced a single Bible "skeptic" to my point of view through "meaningful dialogue"!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Last edited by George; 05-15-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
As a personal testimony, the person with whom I have had the best dialogue with and have been challenged the most by is the perosn who has spoken to me with respect and honest debate yet rebuked me when I got out of line. It is from someone like this that will ever have an impact with people like me.
Keep it personal

This is typical. George has spoken with respect and rebuked you when out of line. You just can't see that. You think a rebuke must be sugar coated. Your manner is well spoken, but we can all read between the lines.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Also, to reply to my special thread

The fact I give Ruckman any breathing room is

#1 I don't live to denounce other men
#2 I haven't actually read his research, nor have I enough Bible knowledge to rebuke it.
#3 If you were to actually read BiB, especially the last chapter, you would see what his real views are on aliens. This has nothing to do with mormonism.
#4 Ruckman said he would not be inhabiting other planets. He will be a servant king, serving God, setting God's new creation down on other planets. There is a difference between that and what mormons believe.

The reason I am not posting on the FFF is because what's the point. I don't agree with anything you say. I really don't care if you don't appreciate Ruckman, or want to dismiss everything he says because of minor teachings of his.

I love Miles J. Stanford as a writer. But get this - he isn't KJBO, and he is a calvinist (albeit a pauline dispensational sovereign gracer).

I also guess my prediction was right... It would end up as ammo on the FFF. Glad I didn't say what sermon, so they could take it all out of context.