Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 AM

There are those who are no Gap.

There are those who are gap and support that the fossel records show a race before Adam and old earth.

There are those who hold a Gap theory, who are Old earth created in eternity perfect. that something took place and left it in a chaotic mess. It calls for a re-creation at vs 2 view, with a new creation of man to populate the world. The fossel records support a flood, and a repopulation of the earth by men and animals afterwards.

there are some who just don't care and others who just don't know. Aren't you glad your salvation doesn't depend on your view of Gap or no gap?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-17-2008, 03:48 PM

What a lot to digest, as is just about everything on this site. I must agree with chette777 the previous poster that, when the end comes for me and my knee is bowed, my name is written in the Book. I am not really sure that a theory on God's time frames and structures is going to help me.

However, this stuff is always interesting. I have noticed that with many of the the new believers we get here at the mission, we always are bombarded with the dinosaur, gap, incest, etc. questions as if the answers to those questions are germane to one's salvation. Eventually it is nice to be able achieve a modest level of erudition to fend of the ridiculous that attacks the truth. For example, when one realizes that not too very long ago alleged scholars had just about everyone that mattered convinced that the world was flat. Apparently, they weren't reading their Bibles, or worse, were reading an NIV version......

Here is a great web site that I didn't see mentioned in this thread that might help...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

In Christ...
Steve
Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 PM

It's rather ironic that you would mention Ken Ham's ministry; he's definitely not an AV believer, but though I also disagree with him about the Gap issue, he's very spot-on about most other things.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 AM

You are so correct...my apologies. A more extensive look into the site is required by me.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve54 View Post
You are so correct...my apologies. A more extensive look into the site is required by me.
Oh it's no problem; Ken Ham is a great resource, and though I prefer Kent Hovind (a KJB believer from Pensacola), Answers In Genesis is a good ministry. If you're ever close to northern Kentucky, you should visit the Creation Museum on I-275; it's incredible and completely worth the reasonable fee. The Museum is an extension of the AiG ministry.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM

Again...thanks. My Aunt and Uncle (who were after me for 30 years to come to Jesus) are a part of that ministry and recently went to the museum. It is an awesome place with people coming from all over the world to see it. I will definitely check out your reference, also. Blessings...
Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Bro. Parrish

If I recall, Kent Hovind is not a proponent of the Gap theory either. I have never really seen a reason to accept the Gap interpretation of Genesis myself, but I don't think I have ever really rejected it either. I have a lot of respect for both views and I think there are good men on both sides of the debate. IMO it's not worth arguing about, I have seen people get dogmatic and really flip out over stuff like this and to me it's just not something believers have to take a side on.

I think the real "truth war" we need to wage is for the minds of our young people regarding Creationism vs. Evolution, not whether there is a gap in Genesis. I'm sure one day the Lord will explain all the details and we will and all rejoice in the knowledge.

For those who may have never heard him, here are some videos of Bro. Hovind, Part 1 on the left column covers the age of the Earth, I'm not sure of he covers the Gap Theory, it's old but pretty good material and parts are quite funny:
http://science-paris.blogspot.com/20...ap-theory.html

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-20-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Bro. Hovind disagrees with the Gap because of his understanding that it is designed to fit millions of years or "Geologic Ages" into the Bible. This is untrue, but other than that (and his tendency to refer to Greek or Hebrew a couple times) I agree with him most heartily.

But I agree, Bro. Parish; the Gap issue really isn't an issue, just a discussion point: the real problem is the fact that our nation's children are force-fed this evolution nonsense day in and day out, and they never are told that evolution is simply the hole-ridden hypothesis of a deranged seminary student. Evolution truly is one of the worst evils of today: it relegates man to a sentient animal whose sole purpose is the proliferation of its species at any cost.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Bro. Hovind disagrees with the Gap because of his understanding that it is designed to fit millions of years or "Geologic Ages" into the Bible. This is untrue, but other than that (and his tendency to refer to Greek or Hebrew a couple times) I agree with him most heartily.
Same here.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 PM

Default faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (emphasis mine)

I srongly and emphatically believe that to mean that we are justified by Jesus's faith; also, the "gift" of Ephesians 2:8-9 is faith, not Salvation, if the sentence is dissected properly. Most teach that we have faith and by that we accept Jesus Christ as our saviour, but based on the Scriptures, I believe that even faith itself is a gift, based on the word "of" in Gal. 2:16: "the faith of Jesus Christ."
The “gift” of Ephesians 2:8-9 is salvation, not faith. Romans 6:23 tells us “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”. Ephesians 2: 8 & 9 tells us there is something that is the gift of God. This something is given to us and it is something that we can’t work for; “Not of works”. I’ve heard of people working for salvation, working for eternal life, working for God’s approval…etc, but I’ve never heard of anyone working for faith. That doesn’t make any sense. Salvation is the gift that is given by God’s grace and is received by us by faith. The idea that faith is the gift of God comes from Calvinism. Calvinists teach that the lost man has no will so God has to give him the faith to believe; a concept foreign to Scripture.

What about “the faith” of Jesus Christ as mentioned in Galatians 2:16 & 20? Jude 3 tells us to earnestly contend for “the faith”. “The faith” referred to in Jude 3 is the body of truth that has been delivered to the saints (and is now available to us in God’s Word, the Authorized Version or KJV). Galatians 2:16-21 is contrasting justification by works versus justification by faith. “The faith” of Jesus Christ or “the faith” of the Son of God is not taking about Jesus’ faith. It’s referring to the truths of Jesus’ work on cross and resurrection so that we can be justified by faith versus being justified by works which also includes our co-crucifixion with Him and Him now being our life. If you will read Galatians 2:16 & 20 in the light of “the faith” of Jesus Christ referring to the truths about Jesus’ work on the cross and not His faith they will make a lot more sense.

“For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)” (Romans 5:17)