Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
wwjd.usa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Guys,

Killing is not always bad. If killing was a sin God would be a sinner for killing many with the flood in Noah's day.
Now remember, that we as Christians should not avange outselves, but rather allow God to avange us. Remember that God FORBIDS us to avange ourselves. However, it is perfectly LEGAL for God to avage others. (Romans 12:19-20). If you read this scripture, the scripture says that not only are we forbidden to avange ourselves, but also we must feed the enemy if he is hungry. In other words, we must show LOVE to our enemy (INCLUDING IRAQ AND AFGANASTAN).

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
God killed many people there, that have earned death or God would not have killed them. The same holds true for Sodom and Gomorrah. God does kill people. This is a Bible fact. I can show you places in the O.T. and N.T. where some people because of some sin should be killed. This also is a Bible fact. This is what God says they are worthy of death. Rom. 1 good example of this. There are many places in the O.T. that says if you do this you shall surely put to death.
Remember, that since God is a creator, it's perfectly ok for God to kill or destroy. Since we did not create our others, it is wrong for us to destroy.

If you made a wooden car, then you have the right to destroy it. If you create a wooden car, I DO NOT have the right to destroy it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Now as to war, we know that God told many in the O.T. to go to war. We also can not find any N.T. passage that forbids war. We also know for a fact that the battle of Armageddon will take place in the future. This can only be called a war.
We find places in the NT, where God forbids violence. Violence is war.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #42  
Old 10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
wwjd.usa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Is it any wonder you are confused my friend. I see now where you are getting all your doctrine from, maybe you don't, but fellowship with those with doctrines completely contrary to one another is confusion, and God is most certainly not the author of it.
Actually, I try to have friends from every denomination.

Let me ask for anyone who is an OT supporter. Is it right to dance or have more than one wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Yes, correct, God is for Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
What are trying to say through this verse?
  #43  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
peopleoftheway peopleoftheway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 645
Default

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

This means peace within the Churches, not peace as In the argument of this topic.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Quote:
Actually, I try to have friends from every denomination.
That's a poster statement for ecumenism if ever I heard one, I am done with trying to show you the gospel of TRUTH as you are plainly taking all your "friends" denominations doctrine, mixing them up in a bowl and coming up with something indigestible.
"Lets all get along, lets all make peace", is spirit of the anti christ and he will and IS deceiving many as we speak.
2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
If you don't understand what come out of babylon means then I pray that the LORD shows you.


2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
  #44  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Here Am I's Avatar
Here Am I Here Am I is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
Something I experienced, and sorry if it is wrong, but I once went to a new outreach and it was on a tight budget, let alone no money to speak of
So, it was, though, a totally appropriate situation to have communion, and I have no idea who thought of it, but it was so great, in my opinion.
But someone prepared a very large glass cup, more like a huge thing, and put the grape juice there in; the cup had a large stem on the bottom for holding.
Homemade unleavened individual oval shapped bread pieces were made, and each person took their piece of bread and dipped it into the cup as it was being passed around by one person who was holding the large glass cup.
Because it was done in such a good manner, it was a great experience.
I marveled at the simplicity of it all and it was good in my opinion.
We used that as an alternative to drinking from the community chalice in the Episcopal church I went to, years ago. They would hand out a piece of unleavened bread, and when the priest came by, we'd hold out our bread, he'd take it and dunk it in the wine (real fermented alcoholic wine) and then place it on our tongue. They called it taking communion by 'intinction'.

I don't do that anymore, I'm a Bible-believing Baptist.
  #45  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
peopleoftheway peopleoftheway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 645
Default

That sounds like a catholic mass, where they used the Eucharist, the belief that the consecrated wafer and wine are miraculously changed into the actual body and blood of Jesus in a process they call transubstantiation.

1413. By the consecration the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is brought about. Under the consecrated species of bread and wine Christ himself, living and glorious, is present in a true, real, and substantial manner: his Body and his Blood, with his soul and his divinity [cf. Council of Trent: DS 1640; 1651.].--" Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC); (C) 1994/1997 United States Catholic Conference, Inc.
  #46  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Here Am I's Avatar
Here Am I Here Am I is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
That sounds like a catholic mass, where they used the Eucharist, the belief that the consecrated wafer and wine are miraculously changed into the actual body and blood of Jesus in a process they call transubstantiation.

1413. By the consecration the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is brought about. Under the consecrated species of bread and wine Christ himself, living and glorious, is present in a true, real, and substantial manner: his Body and his Blood, with his soul and his divinity [cf. Council of Trent: DS 1640; 1651.].--" Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC); (C) 1994/1997 United States Catholic Conference, Inc.
The Episcopal church in America is the sister church of the Anglican church in England.

We were never taught that the bread became the actual body of Christ, but neither were we taught that we needed to be born again. I was a casual 'attendant' of the Episcopal church for years, and thought that I had to be more 'good' than 'bad' to go to Heaven.

How many others have gone to Hell that way?
  #47  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
wwjd.usa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

This means peace within the Churches, not peace as In the argument of this topic.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
I have said, that if you read a few verses before and after, then you will see the context of this passage.

The contexts, is this: that if a person believes in Christ, then there would be a war between the family. (Matthew 10:32-36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Like I said previously, we people have no right to avange ourselves. It is only God who has a right to avange people (Romans 12:19-20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Quote:
Actually, I try to have friends from every denomination.
That's a poster statement for ecumenism if ever I heard one, I am done with trying to show you the gospel of TRUTH as you are plainly taking all your "friends" denominations doctrine, mixing them up in a bowl and coming up with something indigestible.
You know, I disagree with many doctrines of different denominations. The reason that I have friends from different denominations, is to see if I understand the Bible correctly.

Like the Catolics, call some of their leaders "Father." I read the Bible, talked with Catolics, and talked with other denominations. My conclusion, is that it's wrong to call any man "father" (Matthew 23:9)

I've talked with Pentacostal, and some of them play with snakes in the chuch. I asked them why they do so, and they said Mark 16:18. I talked with other denomination and other denomination says Matthew 4:7. So My opinion, is that it's wrong to play with snakes in a church.

If I would be a Catolics, and would not communicate with other denominations, I would think that it's ok to call a church leader "father".
If I would be a Pentacostal, and would not communicate with other denominations, I would think that it's ok to play with snakes in a church.
If I would be a Baptist, and would not communicate with other denominations, I would think that it's sin as much as possible after being saved
If I would be a Charismatic, and would not communicate with other denominations, I would think that it's ok to dance in a church

The reason that I communicate with other denomination, is so that I would know that I understand the Bible fully. By the way, I'm non-denominational.


Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
"Lets all get along, lets all make peace", is spirit of the anti christ and he will and IS deceiving many as we speak.
Ohh, so you are saying that killing people as much as possible is aproved by God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
This is a spiritual war, not a physical war. I agree with you that it's ok to have spiritual wars in NT.

The reason that I know it's a spiritual war, is because it says in heaven
  #48  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
wwjd.usa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
We used that as an alternative to drinking from the community chalice in the Episcopal church I went to, years ago. They would hand out a piece of unleavened bread, and when the priest came by, we'd hold out our bread, he'd take it and dunk it in the wine (real fermented alcoholic wine) and then place it on our tongue. They called it taking communion by 'intinction'.

I don't do that anymore, I'm a Bible-believing Baptist.
Well, I'm not going to argue about wine or grape juice because the only thing that the NT specifies is " fruit of the vineyard". Fruit of the vineyard can be both grape juice, or wine. However, i'll say this, that when Jesus had communion with his disciples, he used wine. (The reason is because the Jews used wine when celebrating the passover.)

Also, I was listening to a testimony of a Christian, who was from the former Soviet Union. That Christian was placed in jail just because he was Christian. He said that in jail, he wanted to have a communion, but the only thing that he had was water. So he prayed with other Christian prisoners, and that water became wine. So they were able to have communion.
  #49  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
wwjd.usa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
That sounds like a catholic mass, where they used the Eucharist, the belief that the consecrated wafer and wine are miraculously changed into the actual body and blood of Jesus in a process they call transubstantiation.

1413. By the consecration the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is brought about. Under the consecrated species of bread and wine Christ himself, living and glorious, is present in a true, real, and substantial manner: his Body and his Blood, with his soul and his divinity [cf. Council of Trent: DS 1640; 1651.].--" Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC); (C) 1994/1997 United States Catholic Conference, Inc.
You know, I was listening to a testimony of a Christian, who was from the former Soviet Union. That Christian says that he was arrested at a church service when there was a Communion. The church used wine instead of grape juice. When the KGB (the secret police) asked him what was in the communion cup, he said that there was the blood of Jesus. The KGB did not believe him, but he was convincing that there was actually the blood of Jesus in the cup. So the KGB took the cup and tested the liquid. The tests showed that the liquid inside the cup was blood.

This is not concerning the topic. When I was visiting the West coast, I met people from the former Soviet Union, and this is what they told about themselves. They were going to a church service that was located in a secret place. This was durring the Soviet Union. On the way, a policeman stopped the car and wanted to give them a ticket for placing too much people in a car. The policemen counted how many people there were in the car, and he counted sixteen people. All of the people there begged the policeman not to give a ticket. The policeman said "If there would be one more person in the car, then I would not give you a ticket." That Christian family opened the trunk, and there came out a person from the trunk. As the result, that family did not receive a ticket from the policeman. I thought that this story is hillarious and this is why I said this story.
  #50  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 PM
peopleoftheway peopleoftheway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
You know, I disagree with many doctrines of different denominations. The reason that I have friends from different denominations, is to see if I understand the Bible correctly.

Like the Catolics, call some of their leaders "Father." I read the Bible, talked with Catolics, and talked with other denominations. My conclusion, is that it's wrong to call any man "father" (Matthew 23:9)

I've talked with Pentacostal, and some of them play with snakes in the chuch. I asked them why they do so, and they said Mark 16:18. I talked with other denomination and other denomination says Matthew 4:7. So My opinion, is that it's wrong to play with snakes in a church.
Why fellowship with someone you clearly see as wrong?
Actually .....you know what...there is just no talking to some people


Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

This means peace within the Churches, not peace as In the argument of this topic.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
I have said, that if you read a few verses before and after, then you will see the context of this passage.

The contexts, is this: that if a person believes in Christ, then there would be a war between the family. (Matthew 10:32-36)
I do see the context of this verse, that is why it was posted after my statement about peace in Churches, that Christ would separate believers from unbelievers, even in our own families.


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
"Lets all get along, lets all make peace", is spirit of the anti christ and he will and IS deceiving many as we speak.
Ohh, so you are saying that killing people as much as possible is aproved by God?
have you no idea of Bible Prophecy? This world will not get any better, the peace that will come during tribulation is FALSE it will be a lie of the devil
a deception to lead many into his worship, Do you think the wars and rumours of wars Christ himself speaks of would even be spoken of if they should not come to pass?, for I am afraid they must for scripture to be fulfilled!

2 Corinthians 11:13
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Do you imagine that satan will do all this by bringing war? no, the Lie will be peace on earth, the deception will be bought into, and many will bend the knee to baal, and let me tell you many are halfway down, knee's partially bent.
Open your eyes, its happening all around you. Especially when you surround yourself with Roman catholic, Charismatic, morman, JW Friends and whoever else you surround yourself with. The only truth that your friends have expounded to you are the baptists that assure you of eternal salvation, not works based.
You are entrenched in ecumenism, you appear to have no desire for the sincere milk of the word, the truth where you should grow thereby. I pray that the LORD may open your eyes, I also refrain myself from further debate with you. It is down to the LORD and his Word now as far as I am concerned.


Quote:
You know, I was listening to a testimony of a Christian, who was from the former Soviet Union. That Christian says that he was arrested at a church service when there was a Communion. The church used wine instead of grape juice. When the KGB (the secret police) asked him what was in the communion cup, he said that there was the blood of Jesus. The KGB did not believe him, but he was convincing that there was actually the blood of Jesus in the cup. So the KGB took the cup and tested the liquid. The tests showed that the liquid inside the cup was blood.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com