Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 PM

WWJD,

So what do you think about the fact that Jesus will kill hundreds of millions of people?

Quote:
Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
This is the same in the O.T. and N.T.

Quote:
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

I also ask you to tell me who the LORD was, you will not do so why not?

War has nothing to do with O.T. Law, it never has and never will.

Here is the bottom line, you do not line up with what the Bible says about war and killing, therefore you dismiss what it says and believe what you wish to believe. You are your own final authority, if the Bible lines up with what you believe then fine, if not you'll find one or two verses that can be taken out of context and twist them to make them agree with what you believe. Not one of those verses you use has anything to do with war. The word war can not be found in the context of any of verse or in 10 verses either way of any of those verses you use. You need to do some Bible study and learn what conext means. Anyone can make the Bible say just about anything when you take a few verses out of context to fit with what they believe.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-03-2008 at 02:35 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Actually, this is false. There is a thread on here somewhere that will clear up this false info for you. I think it's in the doctrines section.

As for war. God does not anywhere in the Bible condemn war or self defense. In fact, He does not condemn killing. He condemns murder. There is a big difference. For instance: Say I'm walking down the street with my fiancé and jumps us, puts a gun in our face and tells me to stand back and watch him rape her. Do you honestly think that Jesus condemns responding violently and or/killing him to save her? Absolutely not!! Jesus never condemns self defense, or the defense of others.

As for the terrorists, they sealed their own doom when they attacked and declared war on us. This falls under the self defense category.
Yes, and yet Jesus condemned Peter for trying to rescue Jesus. Yet, Jesus commands up to love each other and to love our enemies. Yet, we should always be ready to die, for his cause. As for your example, it is better to die, than to sin. Yet Jesus consider a war, a bad thing.

(Matthew 24 Jesus says that in the last days there would be many wars, and people would greatly sin. Jesus implies that wars are when people fall away from God.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
As for the terrorists, they sealed their own doom when they attacked and declared war on us. This falls under the self defense category.
umm, what about love our enemies, do good to them that hate you, pray for them which persecute you? Ohh, so we should not follow the Bible. Oh ok. I understand your point of view
Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 PM

WWJD,

Quote:
Yes, and yet Jesus condemned Peter for trying to rescue Jesus.

What dose this have to do with war? This was about Jesus being taken to die for our sins. He had to die for our sins this is why he told Peter what he told him. This has nothing to do with war. You are taking the Bible out of context again. Can you show me war anywhere in this passage or even close to this passage?

Dose Jesus say anything war is sin in Matt 24? He is telling all what will be going on in the last days.

Also let me ask you again.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yet Jesus consider a war, a bad thing.

You can not fine one verse in the Bible that tells us that God or Jesus is opposed to war, unless you pull it out of the context that it was written.

Now what dose the Bible say about war, I do not care what you think. What dose the bible say about the issue of war? This is what matters. Show me where Jesus says war is a bad thing. Chapter and verse please.

Atlas
Old 10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
WWJD,

WWJD,

So what do you think about the fact that Jesus will kill hundreds of millions of people?

Quote:
Yes, That was Old Testament, right now is new testament. Let me guess, you don't eat pork because you live by the old testament. Am I correct or not?

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said, God is the same, but the covenant is different. I ate pork. If I would eat pork in the Old Testament times, then I would be considered unclean. Since I ate pork and I live by the New Testament, i am not considered unclean.

In the OT, God set certain rules. In the NT, God kept some of the rules, while other rules he did not keep. God does not support a physical war in the NT. God does support a Spiritual war in the NT. (Spiritual war is the war against Saten and against Sin.)

Quote:
War has nothing to do with O.T. Law, it never has and never will.
Find me a place in the NT where Jesus promoted violence.
Here are the verses, that Jesus did prohibit violence:

Matthew 5:44, Matthew 26:51-52,Luke 9:54-56

As a matter of fact, Jesus the it is Saten who supports wars (killing) John 10:10

By the way, when I say war, I am referring to a physical war, not a spiritual war. He that has ears, let him hear and understand.

Quote:
Here is the bottom line, you do not line up with what the Bible says about war and killing, therefore you dismiss what it says and believe what you wish to believe. You are your own final authority, if the Bible lines up with what you believe then fine, if not you'll find one or two verses that can be taken out of context and twist them to make them agree with what you believe. Not one of those verses you use has anything to do with war. The word war can not be found in the context of any of verse or in 10 verses either way of any of those verses you use. You need to do some Bible study and learn what conext means. Anyone can make the Bible say just about anything when you take a few verses out of context to fit with what they believe.
Please show me which verses I'm taking out of context.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
WWJD,
Quote:
Yes, and yet Jesus condemned Peter for trying to rescue Jesus.

What dose this have to do with war?
umm, lets see, Peter was trying use violence but using a sword. Peter cut off the ear of the servant. If Jesus would not stop Peter, Peter would probable kill people.

Wars promote violence. In wars, people are hurt, and people die.

Quote:
Dose Jesus say anything war is sin in Matt 24? He is telling all what will be going on in the last days. "
Jesus is saying that people will sin greatly, and as the result, there would be many wars. Jesus is implying that in the last days, the people who will fight, will have their hearts turned away from God. If people would be close to God, then there would be peace.

Quote:
Also let me ask you again.
Quote:
This verse might be refering to the spiritual wars.

Find in in the NT where Jesus, Paul or anyone says that.

This is an example of God's agreement in the OT
"Matthew 5:44Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name."

This is an example of God's agreement in the NT

"Matthew 5:34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:"

You are telling me to follows God's agreement in the OT

Quote:

Quote:
Yet Jesus consider a war, a bad thing.

You can not fine one verse in the Bible that tells us that God or Jesus is opposed to war, unless you pull it out of the context that it was written.
Jesus opposed violence and promoted peace

A war is an extreme force of violence

If Jesus would be for physical war, then why would this?

"Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

Quote:
Now what dose the Bible say about war, I do not care what you think. What dose the bible say about the issue of war? This is what matters. Show me where Jesus says war is a bad thing. Chapter and verse please.
Jesus says that peace is a good thing. peace is opposite of war

"Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
This a clear example that God wants peace on Earth.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM

WWJD,

There are no laws on war in the Bible. Show me one O.T. or N.T. law forbidding war or one O.T. law about war.

There are laws on what to eat, how dress and so one. THERE IS NOT ONE LAW ON WAR ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE.

No law says, " thou shalt not whatever, whatever war. "

There are laws on marriage, divorce, eating, temples, who be scribes and on and on. Yet there is not one law on war in either testament old or new.

Quote:
Please show me which verses I'm taking out of context.
1. Matthew 26:51-52 Peter and the ear cut off, nothing to do with war. You apply it to war. There is no war here. This is out of context

2. Matthew 5:44 also has nothing to do with war, you misapply the verse again.

3. Genesis 9:5-6 this also has nothing to do with war.

5. Matthew 24 dose not forbid war here either.

6. John 1:11 also has nothing to do with war.

7. Luke 7:12-13 you miss applied this to war also out of context.

8. John 10:10 No war forbidden by God here taken out of context.

9. Matthew 10:39 No war forbidden by God here taken out of context.

10. Luke 9:54-56 No war forbidden by God here taken out of context.

Now here are 10 examples of you taking the Bible out of the context that it was written to make it look like it backs up what you believe.

Quote:
Like I said, God is the same
Well if this is the case, the LORD is a man of war. He is also the same today, yesterday and forever.

Quote:
God does not support a physical war in the NT. God does support a Spiritual war in the NT. (Spiritual war is the war against Saten and against Sin.)
Where is the book of Revelation located? Now I have done as you have ask, now back to the other questions I ask you. I will re post all of the information.

Quote:
I told you what Jesus would do. I'll tell you again.

Quote:
Jesus even goes to war and will lead all of us to war against the world and well will kill hundreds of millions in the battle of Armageddon. So we know that not only is Jesus for war at times. He will start, lead and end the last war of all time. The blood will be to the horses bridle. That is how many Jesus will lead all of us to kill. Like it or not if you are saved you will be in the Lord's army killing millions of people here on earth.

Now read this.

Quote:

Now who is a man of war? Who is LORD?

Is Jesus not the today yesterday and forever?

So you now know that Jesus is a man of war and will lead saints to kill hundreds of millions in the battle of Armageddon. What else do you need to know? You about killing, this will be the largest war and most people ever killed in battle the history of the world. It will make D-Day look like a joke. It will make Gettysburg, Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like a walk in the park. Just think Jesus killing hundreds of millions in the battle. I know this dose not " fit in " with the " Hollywood and feel good, happy go lucky Jesus, " but it's in the Bible. Go read it and tell me it is not true. read about how high the blood is. Go read it and see what happens to all of the people. Read it and see that there is no way to bury them all, just go and read it. It is right there in your Bible. Do take my word for it. READ IT FOUR YOURSELF.

Go read the O.T. where he it is talking about the battle of Armageddon, also read the N.T. about the battle of Armageddon. Then think over the hundreds of millions that Jesus will lead you and I to kill is battle. Then tell me that Jesus is not a man of war, and he will be the biggest and best killing machine of time. Jesus be a perfect killer and perfect warrior. Jesus will kill more than Hitler, Stalin and Mao Se Tung all put together. The world never has nor ever will see killing on the scale that Jesus will execute on that day. Jesus will be the biggest and best killer of all time. Talking about mass murder, " this world ain't seen nothing yet. " When he comes back to face Gog, Magog, the Anti Christ and all of the nations of the world but Israel. You'll get to see first hand what a real killing machine is.
You like to ask questions as you dodge questions. Therefore I must ask again.

Quote:

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-03-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Here are some verses for fodder for this thread. I won't exposit, but am interested in the response(es).

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Scott Simons

I be your huckaberry but just short inserts, time is a crunch rigth now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Here are some verses for fodder for this thread. I won't exposit, but am interested in the response(es).

Quote:
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
This one is saying that he is going to show what is his and there is going to be no rest for the wicked. His word is sharper than a two edge sword.....

Quote:
Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Jesus previously sent the with no purse and scrip, but now he is say you prepare for diffucult times and real confrontations. More to defend yourselves and the innocent, in an act of love not the wrath of men.

Quote:
Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
A government responsiblity but need to be Balance with Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Lots to be said here but that the quick reply
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 PM

There is a verse somewhere in the minor prophets about the return of Christ, and how his saints will wage war against men, and if the saints are stabbed or cut with a sword, they will not be wounded, and they will kill thousands and thousands of men.

EDIT: Here it is

Joe 2:7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
Joe 2:8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
Joe 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
Joe 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?