Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Default Where in Acts?

I never get an answer on this anywhere but maybe someone here can help.

I have been told that somewhere in Acts it is said that the apostles would be the last ones to be able to heal, do miracles, etc. Where is it? This seems quite possible but I never see it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I never get an answer on this anywhere but maybe someone here can help.

I have been told that somewhere in Acts it is said that the apostles would be the last ones to be able to heal, do miracles, etc. Where is it? This seems quite possible but I never see it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
2Co 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

J, my teaching is that when the Gentiles were grafted into the Body of the 12 apostles (Rom. 11) in Acts 15 that the signs and wonders given to them continued until they died, as their ministry was to "the circumcision"(Gal.2)..

The signs given to Paul ceased to operate at the end of Acts 28 when his ministry to "the Jew first" ceased. This is evidenced by the fact Paul could not heal himself, could not heal Timothy of his stomach ache and "oft infirmities", and stated "Trophemus have I left at Miletum sick" in one of his letters to Timothy.

Many within the charismatic movement and also the cultic Mormons make the false claim of being an "apostle", that is impossible as the Scriptures teach that true Apostles must be chosen by Jesus Christ personally. As Christ is not making any personal appearances in this age of grace through faith, there are no apostle, thus no signs.

In the dispensation of grace under Paul today(Eph.2 and 3) Paul makes it clear that to the Body of Christ, that we walk by faith and not by sight. The Jews require a sign, the Greeks seek after wisdom, both are operations of sight. As Jews and Gentiles after the flesh, we are still subject to the sin of Adam and the death and illness he brought into the world. Does it take a miraculous healing or the raising of the dead to convince us of the truth of the preaching of the cross?

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Default Tony

I appologize...I read your post a while back and started looking into it. I fogot to say, "Thanks!"
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

. . .the Body of the 12 apostles (Rom. 11)
Tony there is no such entity as the Body of the 12 Apostles in Romans 11.

Gentiles were never grafted into the Body of the 12 apostles you sure have vivid imagination.

Paul is teaching we are grafted into a tree, which is God's family tree, we are now his children like Israel. Paul's teaching is figurative to show what God has done. It does not teach Gentiles are grafted into the 12 Apostles.

sometimes I wonder where you get such fantastic ideas. you should just keep your study simple, you are adding things to the word just like you did in saying the children of Israel were under Noah's curse of Ham's son Canaan in Exodus 2.