General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Parish,

Your absolutely right - of course there are heroes (saved and lost). After all, the word "hero" is a legitimate English word. We can appreciate heroes and heroism in people. What we, as Christians, are not to do is "worship" heroes!

The Holy Bible clearly teaches that God is NOT a "respecter of persons" [Job 36:19, 37:23-24; 2Samuel 14:14; 2Chronicles 19:7; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 3:25; 1Peter 1:17 ]; and it instructs God's people not to engage in "respect of persons" - before the Law [Job 13:10, Job 31:16-23, 32:21-22, 34:19 ]; during the Law [Leviticus 19:15; Deuteronomy 1:17, 16:19; Proverbs 24:23, 28:21]; and during this age of Grace [James 2:1, 9].

Considering all of the Christian "celebrities" out there, there sure is a whole lot of "respect of persons" going on in Christian circles today!

On the other hand, "Just a Thought's" frivolous and unfounded charges are just one more example of his trying to stir up "controversy" amongst the brethren, which gives him another opportunity to point fingers and play the "victim".
Ummm...I have been trying to stir up trouble? When? I have challange KJVOism in the past and found no one like to debate. Everyone seems to get mad. So I dropped it. Have you not noticed I am not posting anything regarding different versions or anything of that nature.

This thread is not trying to stir up trouble either. I got the thought that everyone like Ruckman so much due to the excitement about the Ruckman Reference Bible coming out (or may be out). I figured it would be a good topic for the chit-chat forum. You need to give a guy a break once in a while and stop accussing people of things they are not doing. If you think I am nothing but trouble then don't read my posts. If you do continue to read my posts and disagree then post why. I will treat you with respect no matter how you treat me to the best of my ability. I am not perfect so I can get nasty to but I try not to. This is something I have failed at much in the past but have been diligently working on.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Brother Tim,

It isn't just the first post of Just A Thought here on this Thread that (I think) caused Brandon to reply as he did. If you go and check all the threads that Just a Thought has started, you will find that his thoughts are a bit troublesome.

His Threads have had me wondering, what is his agenda?

And I am being rather guarded as I would like to something more harsh.

Aloha,
Renee
Hmmm...I am not sure my "thoughts are a bit troublesome." Maybe to you but not myself. I guess that is the benefit of always feeling right. I know I am not always right but if I knew where my thoughts were wrong I think I would change them. I have raised a lot of havoc on this forum, no doubt. I don't do it on purpose though. I was raised KJVO and feel at home in that kind of group. I still go to a KJVO church as well. I came here to mingle with those I am use to. I enjoy a good debate so I started debating and angered a lot of people so I quit. I can't debate at church on the topic of KJVO becuause that would be unerminding the pastor which is plain wrong so I did it here. As many KJVOs as there is on here I am severly outnumbered. I do not expect to win just enjoy an honest debate. That is my agenda.

Feel free to speek your mind. I can take it just try to be Christ-like.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM

JAT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I guess that is the benefit of always feeling right. I know I am not always right but if I knew where my thoughts were wrong I think I would change them.
Never assume that a persons confidence is always them being right. We have confidence n Gods word and the truth we have learned in the KJV.

The issue of us liking Ruckman is trivial and has no bearing on the truth of God except where he agrees with it. He is just a man. So why do you want to chit-chat about it?

When motives are not revealed up front in why a thread is being posted then it is left to us to try and figure out what is up in any given post. I have tried a few time to start threads explaining what I am trying to do so no one gets confused or misjudges the threads purpose. people still misjudge but most see clearly what it is for.

As fa as debates. forums are the bringing together of information for all to view and get understanding on a topic. if it is in Biblical error it will lead to correction (which is Biblical). if the subject is controversial it should lead to respectful revelation and not to personal judgement of each other.

But to come here looking for debates is wrong. I come here to learn from others and to bounce thoughts and views off other like minded men. I will post doctrines that are in error and try to correct them. I will remark on current events. Most of ALL I want to exalt the scriptures as God has exalted it above his name in every area of Christians living, practice and doctrine.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Why do you enjoy debating?

It's alright to defend something, but you aren't defending anything.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
JAT,

Never assume that a persons confidence is always them being right. We have confidence n Gods word and the truth we have learned in the KJV.

The issue of us liking Ruckman is trivial and has no bearing on the truth of God except where he agrees with it. He is just a man. So why do you want to chit-chat about it?

When motives are not revealed up front in why a thread is being posted then it is left to us to try and figure out what is up in any given post. I have tried a few time to start threads explaining what I am trying to do so no one gets confused or misjudges the threads purpose. people still misjudge but most see clearly what it is for.

As fa as debates. forums are the bringing together of information for all to view and get understanding on a topic. if it is in Biblical error it will lead to correction (which is Biblical). if the subject is controversial it should lead to respectful revelation and not to personal judgement of each other.

But to come here looking for debates is wrong. I come here to learn from others and to bounce thoughts and views off other like minded men. I will post doctrines that are in error and try to correct them. I will remark on current events. Most of ALL I want to exalt the scriptures as God has exalted it above his name in every area of Christians living, practice and doctrine.
It is still cofindence none the less. I have heard more than one teaching on a topic and all came from the KJV. It is still up to the reader to comprehend what the KJV is saying.

Just trying to start a nice conversation. Something that I thought eveyone would enjoy.

Stop trying to judge eveyones motives all the time. If I have a motive or agenda it will come to the surface eventually. Everyone that secretly tries to pop up an agenda always does.

Nothing wrong with a kind debate. No calling someone an "idot" or "moron". This shows where someone is wrong. It punches holes in mans thoughts so he can correct them Iif he so chooses).
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Why do you enjoy debating?

It's alright to defend something, but you aren't defending anything.
Read my post above for this answer.

I defend what I believe the Bible teaches just as you do.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
- Refrain from snide remarks, even when said in "jest". Joking around only works with close friends. Cody's last comment was unnecessary.
Sorry for my unnecessary comment. I didn't think a brother in Christ would take it the wrong way.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 PM

Cody, JustAT appears to have received your joke as such and that is fine. The problem comes when lurkers clip-and-snip our "jokes" and then use them elsewhere to prove that we are mean-spirited. I have seen it happen. In fact with the very joke that you used (someone else used the same joke, not you)

Renee, I know well that JustAT can be a bit difficult. We bang heads regularly over at FFF where I go to work on my people skills. He is actually one of the milder ones over there. He sincerely thinks that we just need a little more convincing and we will "see the light". Little does he know!

It does seem that just the mention of Dr. Ruckman's name gets emotions active. He has made a personal difference in the lives of a number of members here, and a non-KJBer dropping his name is a red flag, because non-KJBers almost universally despise him.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Cody, JustAT appears to have received your joke as such and that is fine. The problem comes when lurkers clip-and-snip our "jokes" and then use them elsewhere to prove that we are mean-spirited. I have seen it happen. In fact with the very joke that you used (someone else used the same joke, not you)

Renee, I know well that JustAT can be a bit difficult. We bang heads regularly over at FFF where I go to work on my people skills. He is actually one of the milder ones over there. He sincerely thinks that we just need a little more convincing and we will "see the light". Little does he know!

It does seem that just the mention of Dr. Ruckman's name gets emotions active. He has made a personal difference in the lives of a number of members here, and a non-KJBer dropping his name is a red flag, because non-KJBers almost universally despise him.
I almost have you convinced... (not really). On a more serious note, we may bump heads but we treat each other Christ-like. I am certainly not out to trash anyone. God knows my intentions and I wish others did. I am not out for anyones throats here.

Ruckman does get people going, even on this site. I did not think it would be such a big issue here or I would not have touched it. I know better than to bring him up again here. Just for the record, I may not be KJVO but I do not despise him. Many on here like him and I wanted to start a positive thread which I failed at miserably. My apologies.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Just a Thought.

Here is a thought for you.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

I would dare say, most people who post here do so to edify others, not debate.

Aloha Renee