General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 AM

I very recently started watching Dr Peter S Ruckman's Dvd's and I love listening to his Sunday School sermons.
I felt very priveleged to have had this chance to hear his teachings.

I even have been praying for him because selfishly I want him to be here for sometime to come.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-23-2009, 04:57 AM

Dr. Ruckman or any other man is not a hero. He has good reading/reference material, commentarys and stands for the King James Bible, unlike alot of Apostates nowadays.
Of course i do not agree with everything,but than again no one is 100%.
You know,stand for something or fall for anything. That is the way of 21st century churches.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Dr. Ruckman or any other man is not a hero. He has good reading/reference material, commentarys and stands for the King James Bible, unlike alot of Apostates nowadays.
Of course i do not agree with everything,but than again no one is 100%.
You know,stand for something or fall for anything. That is the way of 21st century churches.
OK, maybe hero was not a good word to choose. I personally have no issue with it but maybe a "fan of" or "someone in whom is admired" would have been a better choice of words.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Dr. Ruckman or any other man is not a hero.
Ehh? Who taught you this, of course there are heroes! There are some women heroes too! We can debate whether Ruckman is such, but please deliver me from a society that no longer recognizes heroes. People have been pulled from burning buildings and cars by heroes. Unarmed heroes have defended helpless women against multiple rapists. Drowning victims have been snatched from frozen rivers by everyday people who put their own lives at risk, those are heroes in my book. We haven't even got to the battle fields of Iraq yet, of course there are heroes. You probably have a few of them in your town.

Repeating my comments from post no. 6, I admire Ruckman's stand on biblical authority because he (along with a group of other decent men) has defended the KJV for many years in the face of the Alexandrian Cult and other slimy, faith-killing Bible deniers who make their living trying to attack it. If that makes him a "hero" of sorts for some, then so be it, there is nothing wrong with heros!
Okay, rant over, sorry Bro. Jeremy.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-23-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Ehh? Who taught you this, of course there are heroes! There are some women heroes too! We can debate whether Ruckman is such, but please deliver me from a society that no longer recognizes heroes. People have been pulled from burning buildings and cars by heroes.
Dr Peter S Ruckman probably has pulled many a lost person from the flames of Hell by his honest preaching.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Default Re: "Something I noticed."

Aloha brother Parish,

Your absolutely right - of course there are heroes (saved and lost). After all, the word "hero" is a legitimate English word. We can appreciate heroes and heroism in people. What we, as Christians, are not to do is "worship" heroes!

The Holy Bible clearly teaches that God is NOT a "respecter of persons" [Job 36:19, 37:23-24; 2Samuel 14:14; 2Chronicles 19:7; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 3:25; 1Peter 1:17 ]; and it instructs God's people not to engage in "respect of persons" - before the Law [Job 13:10, Job 31:16-23, 32:21-22, 34:19 ]; during the Law [Leviticus 19:15; Deuteronomy 1:17, 16:19; Proverbs 24:23, 28:21]; and during this age of Grace [James 2:1, 9].

Considering all of the Christian "celebrities" out there, there sure is a whole lot of "respect of persons" going on in Christian circles today!

On the other hand, "Just a Thought's" frivolous and unfounded charges are just one more example of his trying to stir up "controversy" amongst the brethren, which gives him another opportunity to point fingers and play the "victim".
Old 03-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
After reading many posts it seems that Peter Ruckman is a forum hero. I am not completely surprised but I was wondering why? Is it just his stance on the KJV or are their other issues in which he is so highly admired for? I am just curious.
Because he not only preaches the word of God, he believes it IS the word of God. In my opinion, he is a very intelligent Bible teacher and I look up to him because his love for God, the Bible, lost souls and etc. He is not perfect, but I sure would love to see what all he gets at the Judgment Seat of Christ. And for all you that bash him, why don't you go stick your head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out two times. lol jk
Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Folks, I think it is important for KJBOs to do two things:

- Respond with carefully guarded words, even with the aggressive MVer. Firm rebuke should only come in response to clear and direct verbal assault. Brandon, I love you more than can be expressed, but JustAT did not openly provoke. You may have read that into his first post, but we need to allow challenges with popping the poster in the figurative nose after the first post.

- Refrain from snide remarks, even when said in "jest". Joking around only works with close friends. Cody's last comment was unnecessary.

I have failed in the past to do this with much regret.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
Because he not only preaches the word of God, he believes it IS the word of God. In my opinion, he is a very intelligent Bible teacher and I look up to him because his love for God, the Bible, lost souls and etc. He is not perfect, but I sure would love to see what all he gets at the Judgment Seat of Christ. And for all you that bash him, why don't you go stick your head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out two times. lol jk
I had to read that part twice. It did not make sence when I read,"...stick your head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out three." Then I realized the last word was "twice". I got quite a chuckle out of it.

One thing I am surprised that no one has mentioned is his chalk drawings. I never here of this. I saw him on youtube the other day and learned he draws with chalk as he preaches/teaches. Quite intresting. I use to scetch rather well but NEVER with chalk. I could never make it work. I must admit, I wish I could.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Brother Tim,

It isn't just the first post of Just A Thought here on this Thread that (I think) caused Brandon to reply as he did. If you go and check all the threads that Just a Thought has started, you will find that his thoughts are a bit troublesome.

His Threads have had me wondering, what is his agenda?

And I am being rather guarded as I would like to something more harsh.

Aloha,
Renee