General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 PM

Default The Word of God

Yes brothers

The word of God is for us but not all of it is written to us.

This takes study and rightly dividing the word of truth.

Some think that I should not encourage people to do a dispensational study and application of Scriptures.

But I am sorry I must obey God rather than men (Stephanos).

I know many don't agree with a dispensational style of Study. but this does not mean that it is wrong and I should stop encouraging it. as a matter of fact more truth can be gained by rightly dividing the word than not.

what are your opinions as to these things?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-14-2008, 11:04 PM

I believe we must rightly divide the word(2 Tim 2:15) and if we don't we're going to get in some trouble when we come to verses like...

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

That verse obviously applies to someone in the Tribulation.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:51 PM

Stephanos told me not to tell people that not all the scriptures are for them today.

So Stephanos, I want you to give me $10,000 and your house for the summer. you must comply if you believe all scriputres are for you.

I quote Mt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

You are under divine command to give me what I ask and to let me borrow your house for the summer. you cannot refuse me or you will suffer judgement of the Lord.

there it is if you believe all scriptures are for you today you must comply.

If you say that this does not apply to you today you have just performed a dispensational division. and that would make you a dispensationalist.

A dispensationalist is one who studies his Bible and makes distinction between what can be applicable today and what would be applicable in the future and what was in the past.

if you cannot see that, then I await your reply on where to send the money and to get my dates to borrow your house.

Last edited by chette777; 06-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 AM

If there's anything left, I could use an SUV and some gas money!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:34 PM

now you've got it. if that were for Christians today we or an unsaved person could walk up to any Christian ask for money or anththing. or even ask to borrow anything they wanted and we would have to give it to them.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
joshjefflawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stephanos told me not to tell people that not all the scriptures are for them today.

So Stephanos, I want you to give me $10,000 and your house for the summer. you must comply if you believe all scriputres are for you.

I quote Mt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

You are under divine command to give me what I ask and to let me borrow your house for the summer. you cannot refuse me or you will suffer judgement of the Lord.

there it is if you believe all scriptures are for you today you must comply.

If you say that this does not apply to you today you have just performed a dispensational division. and that would make you a dispensationalist.

A dispensationalist is one who studies his Bible and makes distinction between what can be applicable today and what would be applicable in the future and what was in the past.

if you cannot see that, then I await your reply on where to send the money and to get my dates to borrow your house.
Oh, and while your at it, with lending your house to chette and all, go and build an arch, because you know over there in Genises 6 God says to build an arch because hes going to flood the earth, oh and then build a altar and get a lamb to do a sin sacrifice, cause if im not mistaken I'm sure its been a while since you've given a sin sacrfice to God.
You can't get away from dispensatianolism, even the Bible itself in the AV is laid out Premillenialy.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:10 PM

they could also sell their sacrifical animals and their offerings if they can't get to the Temple as required 7times a year, and buy strong drink and meats and eat it where they are. found in Duet.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 PM
martydavis

If you study the word based on dispensations you could very well miss a blessing from God by not claiming a truth meant for us "believers" by faith. If the word of God, Old Testament and New Testament, says a "universal truth" (meant for all of the Lord's people) I'm going to believe it.

Simple faith, needed to live mightily for God, shouldn't be educated away.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martydavis View Post
If you study the word based on dispensations you could very well miss a blessing from God by not claiming a truth meant for us "believers" by faith.
And if you do not divide, you are not obeying Scripture:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Bible tells us to:

1. Study,
2. That study is part of evincing approval unto God,
3. Implies shame in not properly studying,
4. Tells us how to study: with right division.

If you want to claim "all Scripture" as applicable to you, you are in trouble -- you've got a lot of laws to follow and a big boat to build, and good luck finding that tree of life to eat from.

If you already recognize that those aren't for you, then you are already a dispensationalist. It's a matter of learning how to properly divide from there...
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 AM
martydavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
And if you do not divide, you are not obeying Scripture:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Bible tells us to:

1. Study,
2. That study is part of evincing approval unto God,
3. Implies shame in not properly studying,
4. Tells us how to study: with right division.

If you want to claim "all Scripture" as applicable to you, you are in trouble -- you've got a lot of laws to follow and a big boat to build, and good luck finding that tree of life to eat from.

If you already recognize that those aren't for you, then you are already a dispensationalist. It's a matter of learning how to properly divide from there...
I see a lot of bondage in your life One problem with being highly educated in the bible is that faith in God the Father is replaced by the letter of the law. Good luck with that. I know when God is speaking to me and I know when God is speaking to Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul, etc. etc. etc. etc. When it APPLIES to me I believe it - that takes faith and a close walk with Jesus being FILLED with the Holy Spirit rightly discerning. That all takes prayer and spending time with the word and Jesus.

When Jesus was walking on the water and told Peter to step out, by faith, and walk on the water to Him wasn't He also talking to you telling you to get out of the boat and walk by faith in something that He is telling you to do?

A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Last edited by martydavis; 06-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.