General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Pastor Mikie

Thanks. The music was just a vehicle (I didn't realize I was called to preach until 15 years after I started ministering). There a many verses of Scripture (KJB of course) that I have put to music. That is one way I memorize Scripture. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power or God unto salvation...(Romans 1:16). The lyrics were sermons set to music.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

That's really awesome Pastor Mike. God bless you for your sound creativity.

Contrast "ministering" and "preaching" for me, please, brother? I can't see the difference, and I didn't know there was one before today.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Revangelist

To me preaching is a form of ministry. "Ministering" would include preaching, but covers other Christian service. Like, praying, singing, serving communion, baptizing, teaching, those kinds of things.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Pastor Mikie

I agree with Revangelist. Ministering would be any service done for the Lord, while preaching is one form of ministry. Not all ministers preach, for example.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:16 PM

I think the best approach here is to use the instruments of God to tear down the walls of the world.

Maybe it's a stupid illustration, but when Israel marched around Jericho, they did it silently. They didn't shout out to Jericho "hey, your walls are ungodly, they are evil, and we are going to knock them down". They walked around, praying no doubt, and then, after a time, they used some of God's instruments (trumpet and voice), and blasted them and the walls fell down.

Why not, instead of getting angry at people and telling them the music they like is wrong , just try to share with them some of the God honouring music. Backsliders can be very protective about what they feel brings them close to God. I know I was. They are saved, but they are doing things that are wrong, they live in the world, but uncomfortably, and to prove that they are "different" to the world, they grasp hold of labels and bands and people and things, rather than the word.

To challenge them on whether the music they are listening to is right or wrong only drives them further from the truth, and closer to what they "feel" brings them close to God.

Try offering them some encouraging godly Christian music and tell them how much of a blessing the music is to you, and how honouring it is to God. If they are going to lose the CCM, they will need to fill that hole up with something.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Revangelist

Another thing: In regards to music, the KJB or any other issue one might hold dear, we need to come across loving and with joy. When trying to exhort someone, we can come across as grumpy. That doesn't prophet anything. If we listen to godly music, and another Christian does not, and we get in their face about it, to them we just seem like a grouch and they won't listen to us because they don't want to be like us. Some "contenders of the faith" are actually pushing people away with their "being right". If their "being right" doesn't produce good fruit, then, what doth it prophet?

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.