Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM

Default Are only KJO saved?

This has probably been addressed before here, I did a search but didn't see anything like this though.

Question:

Do you believe only those who believe the King James Bible are saved?

Now, before everybody starts screaming, I got saved when I was 11 years old in a Baptist church hearing a sermon from the KJB, and being led to the Lord with verses from the KJB.

But after that I was kind of own my own. My family moved to another city. My family was not religious whatsoever. But my family was aware that I had a "religious experience" as my Dad called it. I had an Aunt who sent me a Revised Standard Version, but it caused me lots of confusion, especially the notes that said things like "older manuscripts do not include these verses". To make matters worse, Jehovah's Witnesses used to drop by, and my father would give them a small donation and get copies of the Watchtower just for me. I was a kid, didn't know better, I used to read them. Man, did I get confused, and started to doubt my salvation.

This really bothered me, and I prayed to God to show me the truth, and which religion was right. I also had a little pocket KJB and took to it. I started to examine the beliefs of different denominations. Finally, to me, I felt the Baptists were closest (not perfect) to what the Bible really says. So I have been an Baptist ever since.

So, I know you can be saved and read a corrupt version. But I personally believe that eventually a truly saved person will come to the King James Bible. Of course, this could take many years, maybe even a lifetime.

I have trouble believeing that someone who does not believe that God would keep his word can be saved.

Hope this doesn't start a riot.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Only KJB believers saved?

Hi brother. Just a short reply (sort of;-). Christians can be deceived. None of us has a corner on all truth. I am a firm believer in the King James Bible as being the only true Bible, but I do not at all believe that only King James Bible believers are saved. God saves His people through the hearing of the words of the simple gospel, that Christ is the Son of God who died for the sins of His people and rose from dead. This gospel is still found even in the most corrupted bible versions out there.

Many thousands of people in foreign lands who do not speak, understand or read English have been saved through hearing the gospel of salvation in languages other than King James bible English.

I know of many Christians whom I believe to be truly born again who do not agree with me on the KJB issue. The issue today is that most Christians, in fact, every single professing Christians who is NOT a King James Bible onlyist, does not believe that any Bible in any language IS NOW the pure, perfect, complete, inspired and inerrant words of God.

But they do believe the gospel which is still found in what they consider to be their imperfect and flawed bible versions.

God bless,

Will Kinney
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Will

Thanks so much for your response. And I do agree with you, years ago I read Two Babylons and think that the woman dressed in scarlet is the Roman Catholic church. But I know there are saved people who are Catholic

Revelations 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

But here the Lord calls the saved out of this false church. I believe the Holy Spirit calls these people out of falsehood.

Years ago I had a very close friend who was a devout Catholic. I used to witness to him almost every day. I don't think he was saved at first, but I believe he became saved through our conversations. I used to tell him (in a kind way) that the teaching of the Catholic church was wrong, and he came to agree with me. I told him he should probably get himself and his family out of that church. Be he said he thought he could help his church. I believe he started preaching the gospel to his fellow Catholics.

So I truly believe my friend was saved, but continued in the Catholic church. But how can a saved person be happy in a situation like that?

And myself, if I walk in a church that preaches out of any of those corrupt versions, I have to get up and leave. If you know the truth, how can you tolerate lies? This is what I am talking about, if a person has the Holy Spirit, they are going to get convicted about things like this eventually.

And I know a Christian can be deceived. That JW Watchtower really got me confused for a few years. I was a young teen with not much Bible training, and I got all mixed up for awhile. And I don't pretend to know or understand it all, I don't think anybody fully understands the Bible, it is too high for us to truly understand.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 PM

You do not have to be KJBO to get to heaven.

Quote:
the Bible, it is too high for us to truly understand
That's why the Holy Ghost is here, and that is why He told us to "study". If we cannot truly learn, grow and come into knowledge of the full counsel of God, then the fault is not God's. He is not holding back wisdom from us. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5).
Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Well, I agree with you 100% on that too. There have been many times when I have run across scripture I do not understand, and have prayed and asked God to show me what it means. And I can truly testify that the Lord has answered this prayer many times. I can remember a few occasions where the very verses I prayed about, when I went to church the pastor preached on those very verses and showed me the answer. And sometimes the answer just comes to you, like someone taking the blinders off your eyes.

But I don't think anyone understands it all. I think the Lord has to actually talk down to us, the way a parent talks to a little child in baby talk. It is all the child can understand at the time. And of course, as we mature the conversations become mature. But God's thoughts are so much higher than ours, I do not think anybody really knows but little of God's wisdom.

I don't know though, I think of the corrupt versions as evil. It is hard to believe that saved people could continue in them.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 PM

No the KJVO are not the only ones who are saved.

See post in Doctrine on the Calvinistic Tulip in "Calvinism:Sound Doctrine?"

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....5745#post15745
Old 02-23-2009, 12:06 AM

Default attempting to fix the question

Hi Folks,

Above, I think the way this question is formulated misses the point.

Generally we all know that accepting the purity and perfection of the King James Bible is wisdom and grace, yet this understanding will not be seen by all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, not even all those whose Bible reading is in English.

Many of us were uninformed, duped and/or unawares in this area for many years, until God opened our eyes.

So if a question is to be asked, the real question is in reverse.

What about those who make it their personal "spiritual business" to continually fight and attack the pure word of God ? As a primary endeavor. And who for that purpose fabricate accusations and who seek to lead other astray. Continually taking a Quixote-type-stance against the word of God, flailing away with their puny dull swords and bitter words. And whose words are full of deception and guile.

Now they purport to be Christians, yet their words and actions in regard to the Bible are only to stridently declare and insist upon the Bible's imperfection and impurity. And to this purpose they continually accuse falsely, mock, rant and deceive.

In many ways. One simple example. They will say (accuse) that Bible believers, those who believe that the Bible in their hand (and the hands of the ploughman) is pure and perfect. to be received and read and respected and appreciated and loved as God's pure word and taken to heart and mind as perfect .. every word from Genesis to Revelation .. are cultists.

So, are such enemies of the pure word of God truly walking with the Lord Jesus Christ ?

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Just asking .. your considerations welcome.

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 02-23-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Question:

Do you believe only those who believe the King James Bible are saved?
No, and I don't know a single KJBO believer who does.

It's the non-KJBO crowd who perpetuate that lie!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery
So, are such enemies of the pure word of God truly walking with the Lord Jesus Christ ?
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23).

The excessive hatred of some individuals against the KJB as pure and perfect may indicate that they are not of Christ to begin with. Whenever there is a great divide, e.g. between the Jewish authorities and the early Christians, or between Romanists and Lollards, or between Romanists and Protestants, it eventually came to a point where one side fully aligns to evil.

For a while, there was an opportunity for Jewish leaders to convert to Christianity before the fall of Jerusalem. And some did. (There is still great opportunity of course, we know that great salvation is afforded to the Israelite nation). Likewise, there were Roman Catholics which were converted to Protestantism. (After all, the Scripture did say to come out of her, i.e. Babylon), therefore, I expect that the issue of Bible Authority must come to the point of division (the sword that Christ brought), so that there becomes a visible party of right, and one of wrong.

It is admitted, even by some who are against KJBO, that the KJBO position is, by its nature, held to by people who are conservativist, fundamentalistic, most predominantly orthodoxic.

How often are there false prophets in the Church talking against “religion”, “tradition” and “being caught up in the non-absolutes of the Word. It is not producing life and freedom, but rather death and bondage”. They are seeing it as a war against the “demonized human race”, and especially against many Christians caught up in “legalism”.

Those who stand for KJBO have their eyes open to the ecumenical apostasy, and are aware of all kinds of errors coming into fundamentalist, evangelical and especially Charismatic circles. Our reaction should be:

1. “be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled” (1 Peter 3:14b), etc., etc.
2. “Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you” (2 Thess. 1:6), etc., etc.

The proper KJBO view is part of a proper doctrinal view. Therefore, God’s sufficient and abundant help is for that cause, not against it.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM

No, but they have more potential to grow than the new version readers. Now only if they'll obey it like they believe it.