General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: What is your present age?
10-19 3 5.36%
10-19
3 5.36%
20-29 10 17.86%
20-29
10 17.86%
30-39 13 23.21%
30-39
13 23.21%
40-49 12 21.43%
40-49
12 21.43%
50-59 13 23.21%
50-59
13 23.21%
60-69 5 8.93%
60-69
5 8.93%
70-79 0 0%
70-79
0 0%
80-89 0 0%
80-89
0 0%
90+ 0 0%
90+
0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
I find a lot of things I like about different eras that came before and how wonderful it must have been to live during those times... then I think about the flip side of those eras... sickness, famine, war, death during childbirth, cold/heat, hard labor just to keep food on the table, etc, etc... I enjoy my comforts. Had I been born in an earlier era I may have died from my asthma long ago.

I am thankful for where/when I am because were it not for the early days of the Internet and BBSes I never would have met Diligent. Three thousand miles of ocean were between us and we just "happened" to meet through my sister's BBS. Without which this forum and conversation would not be taking place.
Let me guess, you and diligent met in a game of Red Dragon.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
I find a lot of things I like about different eras that came before and how wonderful it must have been to live during those times... then I think about the flip side of those eras... sickness, famine, war, death during childbirth, cold/heat, hard labor just to keep food on the table, etc, etc... I enjoy my comforts. Had I been born in an earlier era I may have died from my asthma long ago.

I am thankful for where/when I am because were it not for the early days of the Internet and BBSes I never would have met Diligent. Three thousand miles of ocean were between us and we just "happened" to meet through my sister's BBS. Without which this forum and conversation would not be taking place.
Oh neat! That's so cool how you met each other! Vince and I met on a King James Only Bible forum much like this one. Whenever I try to tell someone I met my husband online, they always assume eHarmony...lol. I have to actually explain to them what a Bible forum is (most people have no idea). Do you have the same problem?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Let me guess, you and diligent met in a game of Red Dragon.
Not quite. Wow, talk about a walk down memory lane. I had to look it up as I vaguely recalled that she did have something on the BBS, Red Dragon was it, but that wasn't how we met. He got to know my sister/her family through their BBS and then was introduced to/got to know me. (Through phone/RIME/letters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
Do you have the same problem?
Yes. Some folks ask if it was eHarmony. We have some good friends that DID meet through eHarmony. Great match there. I usually have to explain about what a BBS and RIME were. The whole meeting and marrying someone from off of the "internet" didn't become popular until we'd been married for awhile.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM

Well at 68, that puts me in the high minority. Or maybe a time honored elder. Saved in 1952, and Baptized in a Baptist Church. Goodness I never thought, that's 56 years now.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 AM

Well, just for the record, despite this being an old thread, I'll post.

I'm 29, turning 30 this October.
I live in Montreal, Quebec, and besides the people attending my Bible-believing church, I've never met anyone who stands on the AV. This could be because I don't meet many true Christians when out witnessing, nor at work. Montreal and Quebec at large is some kind of spiritual wasteland, torn and gripped by Catholicism, Evolutionism and every other ism out there. Its a melting pot of spiritual garbage, I can't go a day in the inner city without being offended and greived for the city and its people.

Anyways, I'll stick to the topic:
I would purport that the KJB-believing demographic is skewered in an Internet poll, simply because there are more young people 'into' the Internet, and more older folks who just don't use the Internet intensely, if at all.
Not knocking those that do, just that their contemporaries aren't as hip as they, hehe.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
Well, just for the record, despite this being an old thread, I'll post.

I'm 29, turning 30 this October.
I live in Montreal, Quebec, and besides the people attending my Bible-believing church, I've never met anyone who stands on the AV. This could be because I don't meet many true Christians when out witnessing, nor at work. Montreal and Quebec at large is some kind of spiritual wasteland, torn and gripped by Catholicism, Evolutionism and every other ism out there. Its a melting pot of spiritual garbage, I can't go a day in the inner city without being offended and greived for the city and its people.

Anyways, I'll stick to the topic:
I would purport that the KJB-believing demographic is skewered in an Internet poll, simply because there are more young people 'into' the Internet, and more older folks who just don't use the Internet intensely, if at all.
Not knocking those that do, just that their contemporaries aren't as hip as they, hehe.

Aloha brother,

I just want to say that I have appreciated your comments on the Forum and I want to encourage you to keep trusting the Lord and looking to His Holy word for the answers to ALL the issues of life.

I lived in Hawaii (most of the time on the Island of Kauai) from 1958 to 2008, and you couldn't find a colder or more inhospitable place for the Gospel and/or the Holy Scriptures in the U.S.A. (although I'm sure that any Muslim country would do).

These are the times that we live in brother, and we had better get used to it because the APOSTASY is really beginning to set in amongst the so-called "Fundamentalist" and "Evangelical" churches. The only other time in church history that comes close to the debauchery, confusion, perversion, and lawlessness amongst "Christians" was the time following the death of the Apostles (150 - 350 A.D.). The time of all of those "great hero's" of the faith (many of the so-called church "FATHERS" - i.e. the Christian "CELEBRITIES" of the past, who wouldn't hesitate to ADD/SUBTRACT/or CHANGE the Holy words of God to suit their purposes).

Hang in there brother, and if the brethren disappoint you, don't let them get you down. I had a real hard time trying to deal with some of my family and Christian brethren disappointing me in the 70's & 80's that led to a real trying time in my life. I let them get me down, because I was looking unto men (people) and not unto God.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

And never forget:

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 PM

I'm in the fifty ish ish ish ish group.:P
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM

Hello from the state of Ohio, Go Bucks, I am 60 years old, soon to be 61. I have been saved since I was 47, Methodist background, and in 2007, a co-worker invited me to her church, Lighthouse Baptist in Sandusky, OH. Had no intention of going back after the first Sunday, however God had other plans and I am so blessed that he did, I was Baptized 12/30/07. We are an Independant Fundamental Bible Believing church, and are in the process of church planting. It was also a trip down memory lane for me.
I led my dad to the Lord in 2000 at the age of 80, he went to be with his Lord and Saviour in 2002.
Have always been a KJV reader, have tried other versions and none compare. I enjoy this site and have shared it with many.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:23 AM

I am 49 turning 50 in July

BABB,
Just keep practicing the Rapture leap it is soon to come.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

I just want to say that I have appreciated your comments on the Forum and I want to encourage you to keep trusting the Lord and looking to His Holy word for the answers to ALL the issues of life.

I lived in Hawaii (most of the time on the Island of Kauai) from 1958 to 2008, and you couldn't find a colder or more inhospitable place for the Gospel and/or the Holy Scriptures in the U.S.A. (although I'm sure that any Muslim country would do).

These are the times that we live in brother, and we had better get used to it because the APOSTASY is really beginning to set in amongst the so-called "Fundamentalist" and "Evangelical" churches. The only other time in church history that comes close to the debauchery, confusion, perversion, and lawlessness amongst "Christians" was the time following the death of the Apostles (150 - 350 A.D.). The time of all of those "great hero's" of the faith (many of the so-called church "FATHERS" - i.e. the Christian "CELEBRITIES" of the past, who wouldn't hesitate to ADD/SUBTRACT/or CHANGE the Holy words of God to suit their purposes).

Hang in there brother, and if the brethren disappoint you, don't let them get you down. I had a real hard time trying to deal with some of my family and Christian brethren disappointing me in the 70's & 80's that led to a real trying time in my life. I let them get me down, because I was looking unto men (people) and not unto God.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

And never forget:

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Hi Brother ( BornAgainBibleBeliever514 )
Thats sound grounded Bible believing advice from a brother I hold dear in my heart, I myself was troubled by the state of Churches and brethren where I live to a certain degree, and the encouraging words to look to Christ and not let the heartache you feel for the lost or professed "Christians" for that matter drag you away from the truth. In a time in this world (apostasy deeply rooted now in most Churches) far to many people are relying on pastors to be their guide and not Christ (the evils of celebrity). They are turning to men to hear that which pleases them, not the truth that convicts them.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

God Bless and stay fixed and focused on the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the state of the world and subsequently of Churches is certainly Hope that its not long until the Lord returns.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

By the way for the sake of the post/ poll Im 34