Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
No, Brother Steve, I was not referring to you in my musing metaphor.

Aloha brother Tim,

And I hope that you are not referring to me - you have yet to answer my Scriptural inquiry that I put forth in Post #29 this Thread:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...6&postcount=29http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...6&postcount=29
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Solabible said:

I use the KJV in my private devotions (Cambridge, by the way). I teach from the KJV every Sunday to a class of about 50 scholars. I have the KJV on my computer and my PDA for quick reference. I have memorized somewhere around 50 chapters of the KJV

Impressive!!! A local cult leader here in the Philippines by the name of Eliseo Soriano a.ka. "Bro. Ely" onced said that he can read the whole bible even the whole darkest night. Not to mention however, that he had his flashlight on hand.

We can master the Scriptures but let the Scriptures master you.

Psalms 119:69 The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
Isaiah 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Default post #70 above

Quote:
No, Brother Steve, I was not referring to you in my musing metaphor.
So Brother Tim, by not including George in the above quote, you are talking about the old curmudgin?

Renee
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Well, these huge holes in my side do sorta look like an ol' hound dog lit into me. He was so busy telling the dog outside the fence how he felt about him, that when I bumped into him, he BIT me! He must not have realized that we were on the same side of the fence, and I had been barking at that dog for a long time myself. I know his scent well, and he is no danger to us inside the fence. He'll pass on after a while and we can get back to sharing fleas amongst ourselves. But for now, I need to finish licking my wounds and get a little energy back, so I can to answer the question the big dog asked me.

P.S. I really didn't realize that George's question in #29 was expecting a response. I viewed it as a presentation of a view posed in question form. I will answer the question, George.

P.S.S. As I went back to review, I did notice that Steven got a bite in as well. Sigh!

Last edited by Brother Tim; 05-08-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:16 AM
solabiblia

Default You're Good With It, I'm Good With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

[FONT=Verdana]If he continues with his destructive comments I will “comment” on them but will not engage him in conversation.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Well, these huge holes in my side do sorta look like an ol' hound dog lit into me. He was so busy telling the dog outside the fence how he felt about him, that when I bumped into him, he BIT me! He must not have realized that we were on the same side of the fence, and I had been barking at that dog for a long time myself. I know his scent well, and he is no danger to us inside the fence. He'll pass on after a while and we can get back to sharing fleas amongst ourselves. But for now, I need to finish licking my wounds and get a little energy back, so I can to answer the question the big dog asked me.

P.S. I really didn't realize that George's question in #29 was expecting a response. I viewed it as a presentation of a view posed in question form. I will answer the question, George.

P.S.S. As I went back to review, I did notice that Steven got a bite in as well. Sigh!
Hi Brother Tim

I never intended anything I said to you to be taken as a "bite" there are things that I certainly will disagree with you with like the timing of the translation of the saints, but I still count you as a Brother, I also have a healthy respect for your longsuffering toward those who follow the greek, theology and all things intellectual.
Truth is a Brother told me a while back not to let people like solabiblia, greektim get to me, I have seen so many heartfelt posts from many genuine people on this forum, genuine Bible believers of no estate nor of any higher IQ or standing intellectually, just ordinary God Fearing Christians and by their fruits we do know them. As for the insincere ones, the many many more before them who have pushed the same tired old agenda and arguments (search button on the forum should be a requirement to join) The outcome is always fruitless, because they come not to discuss, but to PUSH and to PULL at those who are of a lesser intellect, or those who may not have a "grasp" of the scriptures. Memorizing 50 chapters of scripture does not make anyone a better believer if they have no idea how to rightly divide the 50 chapters they have memorized, its like memorizing a car manual, yet you don't own that car, fruitless.
I will stick with scripture and end with

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM

This is my very first post on this forum. I have been a pastor for 20 years. 3 years ago one of my deacons gave me one of Dr. Gipp's books as a gift. I had never heard of Sam Gipp until receiving that book.

He puts "Dr." by his name. I take that to be my invitation to ask where he received that title since he has made the decision to use it as a means of identification.

I have every now and then tried to find where he received his education and have never been able to find it.

I saw this thread as I surfed various forums and hoped to find the answer here.

Haven't found it yet. Instead, I find brothers saying it isn't important where he got his degree and questioning the motive of the one who asked. That is fair.

But don't loose sight that although you may say it isn't important where Gipp got his degree, he thinks it is important. He is the one who puts that title by his name. To put that title by your name makes you accountable to the body of Christ to expect an answer as to where you received it.

There are alot of diploma mills out there. Anyone can get one with a credit card on a website.

Pastor Pat
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 AM

Hello Pastor Pat, welcome.

Quote:
But don't loose sight that although you may say it isn't important where Gipp got his degree, he thinks it is important. He is the one who puts that title by his name. To put that title by your name makes you accountable to the body of Christ to expect an answer as to where you received it.
If Brother Gipp, feels its important to have the letters after his name, that is his concern, I don't know him, I know some of his work, this forum is av1611.com not Samgipp.com so I couldn't say otherwise. The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the case.
If Sam Gipp feels it is important to him and his ministry to have those letters after his name, that is between him and the Lord if his doctrine is sound. If anyone is really concerned about his use of ThD after his name I suggest they email the man direct and ask him.
If the man preaches the word in all truth and teaches sound doctrine, it does not concern me where the letters after his name came from.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Hello Pastor Pat, welcome.

If Brother Gipp, feels its important to have the letters after his name, that is his concern, I don't know him, I know some of his work, this forum is av1611.com not Samgipp.com so I couldn't say otherwise. The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the case.
If Sam Gipp feels it is important to him and his ministry to have those letters after his name, that is between him and the Lord if his doctrine is sound. If anyone is really concerned about his use of ThD after his name I suggest they email the man direct and ask him.
If the man preaches the word in all truth and teaches sound doctrine, it does not concern me where the letters after his name came from.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
I've spoken to people who make Gipp the subject, not his book. for some odd reason(I guess laziness)they prefer not to address the book point by point as most do not seem to have the wits to, but must undermine the messenger. The arguments I have seen are state accreditation of the school Gipp got his degree, if that is impeached his whole work is impeached, so goes the train of thought.

I guess that impeaches Simon Peter also, a mere fisherman, Matthew, who was an IRS agent and bookkeeper, and several apostles whose visible means of support are not named and a Nazarene carpenter of questionable parentage.

BTW, what is your IQ brother? It's important to know whether mines exceeds it or not.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 AM

You know.. local church colleges with no 501c3 status or other government accreditation doesn't mean that they are diploma mills.

People work hard for those degrees, regardless of whether or not they COST $100 or $10,000.

You can't put a price on the study of God's word. And just because someone went to a great college doesn't make them a good student of the word.