Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Bro. Parrish

I full intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Bro. Parrish,

Quote:
I full intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.
I agree 100%. It seems like many of our brothers seem to have forgotten John the baptist never minded giving the king a hard time and telling the truth about the kings sins.

Atlas
Old 11-09-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
You mean, if I don't agree with you, don't say anything. Very condescending brother. I don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things I feel deep conviction about.

Stephen

EDIT: Atlas: John the baptist was not in the dispensation of grace, and was not under the authority of the apostle Paul. Things were quite different in the dispensation of Law and Prophets. Prophets were given authority from God to speak, quite vocally I might add. And there are plenty of examples where 'Prophets' were speaking out against Kings. So, brother, keep that in mind next time you want to use John the baptist to support your statements..
Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM

Stephanos,

Do not try to apply Bible doctrines and Bible principals. They are not the same thing.

Bible principals do not matter from dispensation to dispensation, Bible doctrine matters upon the dispensation.

The State has almost always opposed the Lord and his people, OT and NT. Saints in the OT and NT both opposed the kings. This is not a doctrine issue my friend.

The issue of doctrine is about me paying my taxes, I will do this. The Bible principals tell me that for the most part of the Bible the sate is opposed to the Lord and his people.

Atlas
Old 11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Bro. Parrish

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
I fully intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
You mean, if I don't agree with you, don't say anything. Very condescending brother. I don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things I feel deep conviction about.

Stephen
No my friend, that is not what I said please don't misquote or misrepresent your brothers in Christ. You said, "This video makes me uncomfortable." Then you said, "when you post this stuff... it makes some folks uncomfortable." I didn't say anything about you agreeing with me or not. You and I will agree on many other issues. And by the way, WE don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things WE feel deep conviction about either. All I am saying is, since you are uncomfortable with all this, why punish yourself?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
I fully intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.

No my friend, that is not what I said please don't misquote or misrepresent your brothers in Christ. You said, "This video makes me uncomfortable." Then you said, "when you post this stuff... it makes some folks uncomfortable." I didn't say anything about you agreeing with me or not. You and I will agree on many other issues. And by the way, WE don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things WE feel deep conviction about either. All I am saying is, since you are uncomfortable with all this, why punish yourself?
It's not the politics that makes me uncomfortable. It's the fact that this video could be viewed as mocking Christianity. That makes me uncomfortable. I know people think Obama is some sort of messiah, but what does the Bible say about these things?

Mark 13:21-23 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

So, we should not be so surpised that people are now beginning to say this or that person is Christ. Granted, the real false Christs will arise during the tribulation, but I believe we are VERY close to the dispensation change, and as such we should not be so focussed on all the rediculous claims folks are making. We should be more trusting in God, and completely focussed on seeing as many souls recieving Christ Jesus as we can.

So I guess my point is is that I do agree that it is our duty to expose the rediculous policies Obama wants to put into action, but the way we go about doing this defines us as faithful Christians or not. Do we believe God is in control of things, or not? How do we show this, and how do we show that we don't? Let us show the world that we trust God by honouring the president elect, while we respectfully disagree with him.

This sermon should solidify the points I'm trying to make:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...D=102008214142

I would really encourage everyone to listen to it.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 AM

One can give due, Biblical honor to those in authority while still calling sin sin and preaching the truth. There is no need to sugar-coat the message simply because the balance of power has tilted against us. That being said, we are expressly commanded to obey those in authority over us, be they kings or governors (I think that covers the president ) until their commands cross the commands of God. At that point, "we ought to obey God rather than men."

There are two sides to the coin: we can preach righteousness like John the Baptist while still showing due honor like Paul. Think about it: did John ever actually dishonor the king?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Bro. Parrish

Obama is no more a king than the congressmen and other ELECTED leaders that have been voted into office and make the laws. America has no king. I have respect for the office of the elected President, and pray for Obama and hope that he will move away from the ideologies of his father. But I have no more respect for the policies of a modern day Marxist in sheep's clothing than I would have for the policies of Stalin, Hitler or Mao Zedong, all of which murdered millions as "the powers that be."

Stephanos and I have covered this ground before, the ground is crispy and charred.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Obama is no more a king than the congressmen and other ELECTED leaders that have been voted into office and make the laws. America has no king. I have respect for the office of the elected President, and pray for Obama and hope that he will move away from the ideologies of his father. But I have no more respect for the policies of a modern day Marxist in sheep's clothing than I would have for the policies of Stalin, Hitler or Mao Zedong, all of which murdered millions as "the powers that be."

Stephanos and I have covered this ground before, the ground is crispy and charred.
And, in my opinion, littered with many Scriptures that seem to be ignored.

The principle is the same: if you want to get into semantics, we can do it. But the principle is to obey and honor those in authority. As Christians, we have absolutely no right to revolt or dishonor those that rule over us, regardless of the governmental system or how they came to power. It would be our job to honor Mao much the same as it is to honor Obama or as it was for the Christians in Rome to honor Nero. The path to power is irrelevant: the position of authority is what God commands us to honor regardless of who the man is.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
And, in my opinion, littered with many Scriptures that seem to be ignored.

The principle is the same: if you want to get into semantics, we can do it. But the principle is to obey and honor those in authority. As Christians, we have absolutely no right to revolt or dishonor those that rule over us, regardless of the governmental system or how they came to power. It would be our job to honor Mao much the same as it is to honor Obama or as it was for the Christians in Rome to honor Nero. The path to power is irrelevant: the position of authority is what God commands us to honor regardless of who the man is.
Agreed completely. However, we also can be joyful in the fact that our government does allow us to speak our minds freely with regard to politics. It may not be easy, but we can honor our appointed government and also lobby to change its policies.

Although, given the fact that the Bible tells us how things are going to go (ie, downhill), maybe our efforts would be better spent on trying to pull as many people out of the fire as we can...