Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
1. Well M - just toss out all English versions and stick with the Hebrew-Greek then. How far would that get you?
Plenty. Translators do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbunyan View Post
2. I do not know of any bible (AV) believer who believes those men were inspired. But what they put down under the providential hand of a sovereign was pretty good...to say the least!
Really,both of your comments--though worded different--say the same..DOUBLE INSPIRATION!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM
avbunyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Really,both of your comments--though worded different--say the same..DOUBLE INSPIRATION!
Would you be so kind as to show me from scripture where only the originals can be inspired?

Thanks a bunch....
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Maverick, are you 12?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
To provoke thought,not blind partyline ignorance...
Old 12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbunyan View Post
Would you be so kind as to show me from scripture where only the originals can be inspired?

Thanks a bunch....
Be glad to!

It's in the same passage that says ONLY a Anglican translation in Jacobean English is God's word.....but it escapes me at the moment.Could you refresh our memories?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Be glad to!

It's in the same passage that says ONLY a Anglican translation in Jacobean English is God's word.....but it escapes me at the moment.Could you refresh our memories?
Now he attempts sarcasm and the regal plural. In the same sentence.

Astounding, his ignorance is.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:27 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611
Now he attempts sarcasm and the regal plural.
The only problem is that what was a fairly interesting thread gets a bit buried.

Fortunately this forum is better than most in maintaining the integrity of the discussions, rather than wasting time on foolishness.

Shalom,
Steven
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Does the KJB not follow the Hebrew texts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

The only problem is that what was a fairly interesting thread gets a bit buried.

Fortunately this forum is better than most in maintaining the integrity of the discussions, rather than wasting time on foolishness.

Shalom,
Steven

Aloha all,

I'm baaaack! And I just read through all 167 Posts in regards to - ???

I want to commend Will, Stephanos, MC1171611, PB1789, Vendetta Ride, Bibleprotector, Gord, KJB Princess, Brother Tim, Here Am I, avbunyan, Steven Avery, pbiwolski, Forrest, Debau, Diligent, and Bro. Parrish (I hope I haven't missed anyone) for a masterful job of defending the Holy words of God {found in the King James Bible}.

Has there ever been such a motley crew (eclectic?) that can differ with each other on specific doctrines (as we sometimes do) - and yet come together in complete unity when it comes to the AUTHORITY of a Book we all can hold in our hands? And I don't mean the latest flavor of the day!

The foregoing "debate" was good for at least 2 reasons (there are more):

#1. It sharpens our minds and helps to solidify our belief in the King James Bible and,
#2. It is instructive as to how the mind of a SOPHIST works!

I have said it before (and I'll say it again) - as Humanistic government "schooling" has "progressed", the Western world (Europe, Scandinavia, Canada, Australia, and {sadly} the United States) has produced more and more Sophists, until we have reached the point where we have become a nation of Sophists (witness the recent past election ).

It is impossible to convince a Sophist of anything, since they have no interest in the TRUTH! {"What is truth" - Remember?} All "truth" to them is RELATIVE - hence the 167 Posts that, although have reinforced Bible believers faith in the Book, did nothing to convince the Sophist of anything.

BrianT came to the Forum believing NOTHING, and has left the Forum in exactly the same state: BELIEVING NOTHING OTHER THAN HIS OWN OPINIONS (of which he is not even "sure" of any of them ). He has no AUTHORITY other than his own "intellect" and demands that we prove to him, something that he has already made up his mind NOT to believe !

And as for "Maverick" the minute it was demonstrated that he is ignorant of textual matters and the which Bible issue, he reverted to a personal attack against Steven instead of dealing with the subject (a favorite tactic for Sophists ).

It's good to see that while I was gone that the brethren can do quite well without me (I'm not "indispensable" after all )! It's real heartening to know that throughout the world, God has people who, by faith, have believed His promises concerning His words, and are willing to defend them and contend with the "naysayers" that abound throughout "Christendumb" today.

Great job brethren - it's good to be back!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

It's good to see that while I was gone that the brethren can do quite well without me (I'm not "indispensable" after all )!...

Great job brethren - it's good to be back!
Yes but it's just not the same without that touch of wisdom you add to the truth. Welcome back.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 PM
avbunyan

Quote:
It's in the same passage that says ONLY a Anglican translation in Jacobean English is God's word.....but it escapes me at the moment.
Again, with feeling....

Anglican translation? Who taught you that cute term - surely it is not original with you is it?