General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:14 AM

Default Oh boy, this is great!

This video really blew me away. I am definately going to be using this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLhyPjHVes

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 PM

The visual truly makes this almost as awsome as the reality.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM

While this is very well done (it made me jump to be honest I had my speakers up high ) I have a problem with it, if this is the "way" that the saints will be translated then those left "behind" would surely be witness to something truly supernatural and the masses would repent (I know God will send strong delusion but can that mean delusion as to not believe the person sitting next to you vanished?) I personally have thought on the subject, and although I know I will not be here after the translation I have often wondered how it would be described throughout the world and the media. I have come to the conclusion that it has to be a series of "disasters" natural or man made or both, that would explain away the translation of The Body Of Christ to something else than the truth.
The Blessed Hope that I look for is meeting my LORD and Saviour in the air, and from that moment onwards the rest wont matter!

As for the video, it is well done, im sure it would be effective as a witnessing tool. But be careful of using this kind of thing for witnessing. You read and study the greatest thing that God ever gave us to witness for him, the KJB.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM

Let me pick on my pre-trib, instantaneously disappearing rapturist brethren:

First, nowhere in the Scriptures is the "disappear in a flash" taught. The "twinkling of an eye" is the change from mortal to immortal bodies for the believers.
Second, you can't have it both ways. Most pre-tribbers will quickly say that the Rapture is not the same as the Second Coming, yet this video uses a verse that refers to the coming of Christ.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM

Tim, While I will agree with you on the verse in the video being about the second coming of Christ and agree that it wont be disapearance as portrayed in the video, I would still have to hold fast to the "translation" before tribulation.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM

I will teach others and seek myself to be prepared to face greater and greater tribulation forewarned in the Scriptures, while at the same time I will desire and wait for the return of my LORD. I will most happy to admit my failure if we, the believers of the last days, are exempted from the "great" tribulation. Remind me on the way up!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Oh boy, this is great!

Aloha brother Tim,

I liked your response! I feel the same way about the debates over creation here on the Forum. God didn't give us a whole lot of information (3 Chapters plus a few more verses), but this I do know - The Lord Jesus Christ is The Creator and He created everything that exists in the entire Universe (and He did it in six earth days)! I don't see much profit in arguing over HOW he did it, since He chose to use about four times the amount of Scripture when describing the construction of the Tabernacle than He did about creation.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Tim,

I liked your response! I feel the same way about the debates over creation here on the Forum. God didn't give us a whole lot of information (3 Chapters plus a few more verses), but this I do know - The Lord Jesus Christ is The Creator and He created everything that exists in the entire Universe (and He did it in six earth days)! I don't see much profit in arguing over HOW he did it, since He chose to use about four times the amount of Scripture when describing the construction of the Tabernacle than He did about creation.
Six days sure made a marvelous place for us to dwell for the time being, but that's nothing compared to the home He's been preparing us for nearly 2,000 years! Praise JESUS!

Also, your comment on the tabernacle sure puts things in perspective. Truly we (the tabernacle of the Holy Ghost), above all creation, are what our God most delights in. Then again, if we weren't around, who would sing His praises? Surely the rocks can't sing like we can

Peace and Love,
Stephen