General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
BrianT

My main KJV is a "Hebrew Greek Key Study Bible" by Zodhiates and AMG Publishers, 1991. Key words in passages are underlined and have their Strong's numbers and/or grammatical codes provided, and the Strong's dictionaries and grammatical references are in the back. There is also a full lexicon, as well as a concordance, maps, etc. A fantastic study Bible, and you can get them at amazon for as little as $20.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM

Just thought I'd update this since I now use a Thompson Chain
Old 12-19-2008, 10:02 PM

The Old Scofield
Old 12-23-2008, 04:09 AM

A good size, well made, and no self-pronouncing text, and no red letter either!

Why don't you like red letter editions? Just curious as some do and some don't. Thanks, Jim
Old 12-24-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmedic View Post
Why don't you like red letter editions? Just curious as some do and some don't. Thanks, Jim
Jim...in the ministry that God has me serving in, I will use ANYTHING short of beating someone on the head with my large print TCR, which, if any bigger would be a pulpit Bible, to get folks going. If I have to use a good news or message bible or Rick Warren, I don't care. My job is to furrow and plant seed...God's the Gardener. One thing I will tell the folks we minister to is that, if you don't read John and Genesis 1-11 to begin with or do anything else, at least read the red print.

If for no other reason than that, the red print works for me.

Blessings...
Old 12-26-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltpage View Post
The Old Scofield
I use the Old Scofield,and like the layout. I'm beginning to think we are outnumbered by the TCR crowd.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
That is what Publisher and edition is your most used King Jimmy? I am blessed to have Brevier Clarendon Edition in goatskin leather by Allan's Bibles of Glasgow Scotland, the "guts" are from a classic Oxford Reference Edition (which Oxford no longer prints) but as I understand it Allan's now has limited rights on. A good size, well made, and no self-pronouncing text, and no red letter either!

Aloha all,

From 1958 - 1968 I used the Old Scofield and Thompson (once in a while).

From 1968 - 1984 I used three Large Print King James Bibles (1 Nelson & 2 Collins - they fell apart ) - no notes, no references, just the Holy words of God.

From 1984 up to the present day both my wife and I have used two identical Cambridge Large Print King James Bibles - no notes, no references, just the Holy words of God. (By the way - In 24 years, they have not fallen apart! }

I will use tracts and other literature to witness to others - however I limit myself to the King James Text and will not use any other English Bible in my witness. {No matter what our motive or intentions - The end does not justify the means.}
Old 12-26-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I use the Old Scofield,and like the layout. I'm beginning to think we are outnumbered by the TCR crowd.
There are a few of us around.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
There are a few of us around.
I use both, but prefer the Scofield because the Thompson has virtually no room for marginal notes. And Scofield's cross-references are often much more reliable than Thompson's.

Of course, there's a lot of neat information in Thompson, and I love it. But there's even more (quantitatively) information in Bullinger's "Companion Bible," but I wouldn't use it as my "main" Bible. The Companion Bible would be good to have if you were marooned on a pacific atoll for thirty years - - - because that's how long it would take to get through all the stuff.

And, anyway, a lot of it is hyper-dispenational, which is kind of a bummer......

Last edited by Vendetta Ride; 12-27-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM

I mainly a Ryrie Study Bible. Good readable font, room for notes and good cross references. I don't pay much attention to the notes. I also have an old Scofield and Cambridge Bibles.