Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
jesseedavis

Default The Body of Christ

First of all, before you read this I want you to take this to God in prayer and ask Him to give you discernment so that you will not be deceived, as those are not my intentions.

I believe there are many, MANY things that should not be discussed between believers. The reason for this is that Bible states that we should do all things without arguing, disagreeing, or complaining. (Philippians 2:14) According to what Paul tells the Romans in Romans 14, we shouldn't tell of our beliefs or other doctrine to others if it may lead to quarreling and disputes amongst ourselves.

Now, having said that, we should tell God everything, pour our hearts out to Him, according to many Bible verses. So don't think I'm trying to lead you into bottling them up inside you.

What I'm seeing too much in many places, including this forum, is controversial and/or opinionated statements. The details of a person's(including yourself) beliefs and whether they are true or not, is between you and your Father. According to the Bible, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. What I'm noticing is that we seem to be fighting each other (fellow brethren) rather than Satan and his army.

Jesus says, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you." - Luke 11:17-20

Many times in the Old Testament, God and His people Israel defeated other armies by confusing them. What happened then? They attacked and destroyed themselves. I think we all agree that Satan has been around long enough to know how to successfully deceive us by imitating God's acts.

Now ask yourself, does it matter whether someone believes something or not? As long as they are believers in Christ and Christ ALONE as their personal (and not to mention the only) Saviour, then I believe the rest isn't your responsibility (unless Daddy says otherwise), it is the Holy Spirit. Please, can we all do a little more praying for one another and a little less correcting. Correction is the Holy Spirit's job, let Him do it. If He needs your help, then I can assure you that He'll follow through with it and that He won't leave you somewhere in the middle.

I just want to ask two more things of each of you reading this. First of all, again, take this to God in prayer and ask Him to give you discernment. Next, follow His leading on the matter.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseedavis View Post
I just want to ask two more things of each of you reading this. First of all, again, take this to God in prayer and ask Him to give you discernment. Next, follow His leading on the matter.
Thankfully, I have his word, so I don't have to rely on my feelings about it:
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Now, obviously, there is not always profit in "contending" with someone for the truth when he has decided it doesn't matter what the truth is.
Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
You mentioned this verse:
Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
And you use it as a proof that there are things we "should not discuss." This is a very strained application of this verse. Did you read the rest of chapter 2? Verse 16 tells us how:
Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

If you read the verse in its context, you'll find what Paul was talking about more clearly:
Philippians 2:21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.
And how are we to know what is "Jesus Christ's" without his word? And how are we to "hold forth" the word of life while not talking about it?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
jesseedavis

Thank you for your correction. I think you may have misunderstood me and I'm sorry for getting into details with my point. My mistake.

By the way the context of Philippians 2:14 I don't think would be verse 21, because verse 15 seems to give the reason for doing it, it says "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

I love you brother. May Christ shine through you in this crooked and perverse nation.