General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 AM

I am not making doctrine I just have fun taking what little facts (Verses) and then putting them together to surmise a possible eternity past Senerio of how Lucifer fell and what was he up too. the main theme of the OT is a Throne and kingdom and a land on htis earth.

Earth was important to God to lace his promises form eternity past for his Sons throne. Lucifer had a throne. it was not given to him it was His throne that he wanted to put in place of Jesus Christ (anti-Christ) see the theme will work out in the next two dispensations.

But I would never force any of this stuff into Doctrine. Just fun thinking and concideration. I hope youall do the same.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Jerry,

Your belief that Lucifer fell after the six day or three days of creation has not biblical warrant. it was not at the time of Christ either. Satan is a post fall name of Lucifer.

and there is a bases for a earth before the six days for Genesis 1:1 says it was in existence.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post

This ends the debate, if you accept the Bible:
Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

....Abraham, David, and all OT believers were saved by faith, by grace - not by the works of the Law.
The passage above refers to Abraham in Genesis 15.

Now here are some passage some may REFUSE to believe:

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The problem is solved, not by hyperdispensationalizing, but by rightly dividing the word of truth.

James is written to the TWELVE tribes, but not to the ONE BODY (to whom writes Paul).
James said that faith alone cannot "save" nor make one "justified", if there is no works; Paul says a man can be "justified by faith" alone.

Paul writes to the Church and used Genesis 15 to show that it is POSSIBLE to have imputed righteousness as well as justification by faith alone without works in this age.
But James writes to the Twelve Tribes and says faith has to be "perfected" (completed) by works to "save" a man and make him "justified" BEFORE GOD as was Abraham. (There was no other men present when Abraham offered Isaac BEFORE GOD.)

Using this approach, there was NO adding, NO subtracting, NO twisting, NO hyperdispensationalizing. Just RIGHTLY DIVIDING.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
But I would never force any of this stuff into Doctrine. Just fun thinking and concideration. I hope youall do the same.
We'll do that. I would like to apologize a little bit if I seem to be forceful or too "reactive", that's the way I am. But I count everyone here as brothers, especially everyone who believes strongly in the KJB. I respect everyone's opinions, although I express my reactions forcefully at times. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:40 PM

Just a couple of points then I'm done (unless you press me ).

Take verses/passages in context. What are the passages referring to? What's being talked about? Does it really apply to what I want it to apply to? Is there any other application than what I'm trying to make out of it? Are there other passages that may contradict what I think it may be saying? Don't try to "read between the lines" or get too involved in word games. Of course there are deeper concepts in the Scriptures that we'll never fathom the depths of, and that's why we need the help of the Holy Spirit to reveal to us what we need, yet I can't think of an example where the clearer meaning is wrong.

Lastly, don't get the spiritual confused with the physical.

I'm sure as soon as I say I know something as a fact that isn't clearly stated in the Bible I'll be proven wrong.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:58 PM

Default Not so fast! Part 3

Quote:
Great - maybe a bit more studying in the Word of God will show you where you are wrong. All the best.
You’re getting awful quiet there Jerry…let me up the ante! Originally, I told you I would immediately concede this debate if you would show just one case of an OT saint getting ‘saved’, justified or made righteous in accordance to Rom 10:9-10; in other words… looking to the cross. You didn’t. Tell you what; being the nice guy that I am, I’ll throw in Matthew, Mark & Luke along with the 39 books of the OT. Show me where the cross is being preached and received as such for salvation and again, I’ll immediately concede this debate. Let me be clear; I’m not asking to be shown where a prophet or king was being expected; these are a given; an actual attempt to make Christ king failed (Jn 6:14-15). Jerry, don’t you find it interesting that the two disciples the Lord appeared to on the way to Emmaus were sadden at the death of Jesus because they trusted it was He who was going to redeem Israel (Lk 24:21), as prophesied by Zacharias (Lk 1:68)? Hmmm… they must have had a different perception of redemption then of that from ours (Rom 3:24)?!

Now to the purpose of this post and that is to prove exactly the opposite of your view that ‘salvation’ ‘was not by the works of the law’.

“Abraham, David, and all OT believers were saved by faith, by grace - not by the works of the Law.” Post #15

Last post I demonstrated that righteousness ‘by faith’ was a biblical principle from the very beginning of the creation of man. I’m going to continue proving ‘by faith’ as relating to Israel’s righteousness under the Mosaic covenant. While the Abrahamic Covenant (Gen 12:1-3) covenanted a great nation and land, the Mosaic Covenant covenanted for righteousness (which includes forgiveness of sins) based on obedience, as so goes ‘by faith’. We will return to here latter.

Jerry…how can you deny the direct implication found in the following two verses regarding the righteousness of God via the law?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness

Jerry, the verses following each of these, in their context, are only as relevant now as these were relevant then! Paul gives us a launching pad to further investigate this ‘righteousness of God’ relating to the law within his own testimony given in Phil 3:4-6:

Philip 3:4-6 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Jerry…I’ll itemize Paul’s pedigree here for you:

5 Circumcised the eighth day
of the stock of Israel
of the tribe of Benjamin
an Hebrew of the Hebrews
as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church
touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

Let’s zero in on that last point of Paul’s resume! Did you know that Paul was living ‘by faith’ while same time persecuting the church! Before thinking to critical of that statement, consider the following:

Luke 1:5-6 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Where do you suppose this concept of the ‘righteousness which is in the law’ comes from Jerry?

The law served numerous purposes:
1. The oracles/commandments of the LORD to and for the Jew (Ac 7:38; Rom 2:1-2)
2. A ruler for sin (Rom 3:20)
3. A spokesman of things to come (Mt 11:13; Lk 24:44)
4. A schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ (Gal 3:24)
And last, but not least…Jerry!
5. The law was the means of the righteousness of God which I’ll now prove…

A good and simple definition of righteousness is found in its root, ‘right’. Righteousness is simply being right or doing right as opposed to being wrong or doing wrong. The righteousness of God was conveyed through three avenues in the OT, each testified unequivocally by works:

1st Avenue – The LORD Himself

Judges 5:11 They that are delivered from the noise of archers in the places of drawing water, there shall they rehearse the righteous acts of the LORD, even the righteous acts toward the inhabitants of his villages in Israel: then shall the people of the LORD go down to the gates.
1 Samuel 12:7 Now therefore stand still, that I may reason with you before the LORD of all the righteous acts of the LORD, which he did to you and to your fathers.
Psalms 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
Psalms 11:7 For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.
Daniel 9:14 Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.
Psalms 36:10 O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
Psalms 40:8-10 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. 10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
Psalms 119:137 Righteous art thou, O LORD, and upright are thy judgments.

2nd Avenue – The Law (Moral, Civil & Ceremonial)

Deuteronomy 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
Deuteronomy 33:19 They shall call the people unto the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness: for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand.
Psalms 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psalms 51:19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
Psalms 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psalms 119:105-106 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
Psalms 119:123 Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy righteousness.
Psalms 119:138-144 138 Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful. 139 My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words. 140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. 141 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts. 142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth. 143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights. 144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.
Psalms 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness.

3rd Avenue – The actions of the righteous; under the OT the distinction between the righteous and the wicked was their works based on the LORD’s commandments.

Psalms 15:1-2 1 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
Psalms 18:20-26 20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. 21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. 23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. 24 Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; 26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
Psalms 106:3 Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.
Psalms 106:30-31 30 Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed. 31 And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.
Proverbs 11:5-6 5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness. 6 The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
Isaiah 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Jerry…just a short story before continuing along this avenue. Shortly after becoming a Christian I witnessed to a Mennonite farmer and the issue of eternal security came up. Not accepting my viewpoint he sent me in to debate his wife who immediately went to several passages in Ezekiel to prove one could fall ‘from grace’; the four chapters oftened used to prove such are: 4; 14; 18 & 33. These chapters show the result of the righteous turning away from their righteousness to wickedness and the wicked turning away from their wickedness to righteousness, all the while the nation cries foul play on God's behalf...14:14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Jerry…Israel’s response to the LORD’s offer in establishing the Mosaic Covenant was Exodus 19:8 “And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.” And Jerry…the purpose of this law is very clear…

Deut 6:23-25 And he brought us out from thence, that he might bring us in, to give us the land which he sware unto our fathers (Abrahamic Covenant). 24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. 25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

Jerry…did ya notice how clearly the ‘faith of God’ (Rom 3:1-3) is presented in that last passage?! …for our good always that he might preserve us alive as it is at this day.

How about another short story Jerry? Back in the 80’s I sat in a SS class in which a new pastor was also sitting while being instructed by the adult SS teacher. We were in Romans and came across 2:13:

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

I’ll never forget the reaction of this young man…I swear he never saw this passage before and though he was a staunch believer in the KJV, this verse simply didn’t fit into his theology on OT justification. Already having an understanding of 2Tim 2:15, I tried to put my 2 cents in, but he’d have nothing to do with it! Jerry…isn’t it a coincidence that this passage is part of Paul’s argument leading up to Roman’s 4 concerning Abraham & David, the passage you took completely out of context in trying to prove OT justification without works! Jerry, did you ever read this verse before? Perhaps you’ve also noticed that I haven’t made distinction between the words ‘justification’ and ‘righteousness’ in these posts. Reason being is I see that they’re interrelated. Add to Rom 2:13, the following:

Acts 13:38-39 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Hmmmm…didn’t see this one coming; did ya?! Ouch!

Consider this…though referred to as the lively oracles of God (Ac 7:38), the one thing the law couldn’t do was provide life:

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. (Paul speaking in present tense)

Jerry, this is where man came into play and the following verse further helps define ‘by faith’:

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Faith here speaks of one’s faithfulness, as the ‘faith of God’ speaks of God’s faithfulness which is a characteristic of the righteousness of God (Ps 40:10)! Jerry… the absolute only way the law had life was when man lived it and this is exactly what is expressed by Moses (Lev 18;5) and quoted by Paul when contrasting two extreme means in which God provided righteousness to mankind…then and now.

Romans 10:5-6 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness which is of faith…(next post)

The marvels of the KJV shine through again when recognizing why the ‘his’ is dropped in context when Paul references Hab 2:4 in Galanians:

Galatians 3:11-12 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by ___ faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. (Again Paul speaking in present tense)

Jerry…I’ll let you muse over that one for a while; I need to finish this post.

Why did Israel fail under law, the very means in which God provided righteousness? The answer is contained in the following two verses:

Romans 9:31-32 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Hebrews 4:1-2 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Israel’s sins and rebellion became so putrefying that even their sacrifices became an abomination to God and their appointed feasts He hated (Isa 1:1-20). What was God’s resolve for Judah…cease to do evil and learn to do well, which are ingredients of ‘by faith’! Israel then reminds me of Catholicism…eat the wafer/body and slurp the cup/blood and live like Hades (oops; wrong version) during the week. Or like Protestantism, get baptized, join the church, attend Sundays (or at least Easter & Christmas) and live same as before mention. Professing Christianity today is equivalent to the Jews religion at the time of Christ (Gal 1:13-14).

Deduction: In the context of Romans 3:30 (Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision ‘by faith’, and uncircumcision ‘through faith’.), the provision of the righteousness of God to that Jew under law was via works/obedience! You’re wrong.

Jerry, in my next post (unless I have to deal with some objection of yours) I will turn the corner and deal with God’s current provision of righteousness by way of contrast.

Stvvv1611
2 Timothy 2:15
Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 PM
jerry

There you go:

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

I believe this is referring to Genesis 22, where God told Abraham to offer his son, which Hebrews 11 indicates is a pretty clear type of Christ.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:36 PM

To: Stvvv1611
God bless brother,

I have certainly enjoyed all 3 of your posts. Although the Gospel of the Grace of God is "simple" (by design) and getting "saved" is not hard (requiring only belief on our part) - The actual "operation" that takes place in the believer is far more complex than most of us can discern or understand.

Adam was different than all of his descendants (Sinless before the fall).

The natural man (all of mankind) is the "default" result of Adam's fall (we are all born with a Sinful Nature)

The Old Testament saint was saved (soul) - but not one of his attributes was changed. [Attributes = Body-Soul-Spirit (Our Substance) & Heart-Mind-Conscience (Our Faculties)]

The New Testament saint is saved (soul) - his spirit has been quickened; he has the Holy Spirit living in him; he has the mind of Christ; BUT he still has the flesh; a weak conscience; a wicked heart (still "deceitful above all things"); and a mind that is susceptible to corruption. (2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The Glorified saint will have every one of his attributes changed with the exception of his soul (his very essence). He'll have a new body; a new spirit (which we have now); a new heart (which we don't have now - contrary to the popular teaching); and Christ's Mind (which we have now - but often fail to "arm" ourselves with or "let" it become effective in our lives).

The common "thread" that runs through all of God's people (saints - before the flood & after the flood; before the Law & during the Law) is FAITH. FAITH in God's words; FAITH in God's promises; FAITH in God's being able to perform His covenants; FAITH IN GOD! Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

To "think" that any Old Testament saint understood and believed the Gospel of the Grace of God is ludicrous. They "believed" God and: Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

What did Abraham believe God for? The Gospel of the Grace of God? Or did he believe God for His promises concerning the land; or God's promise concerning Sarah having a son; or in God's promise to give the land to Abraham's heirs; or in God being able to raise Abraham's son from the dead?

Abraham believed God for a lot of things - and had God presented the "Gospel" to him, I believe that he would have believed God for It, but He didn't. And so, even though in God's mind, He may have been looking forward to the Cross and Jesus' Sacrifice - Abraham believed God for what He said and revealed to him, which certainly wasn't the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Keep em' coming brother, it's a real pleasure to see someone who knows how to wield the "Sword"

George
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM

Bro. Steve,
It was just so refreshing to read that post, because scripture is being rightly divided! Scripture makes perfect sense when this is done! It becomes very simple, and we can't accept that. We want it to be difficult. It's too hard just to take God at His Word! It's much easier to work for something than to accept it freely. Humankind takes pride in the fact that something is gotten by hard work! (At least this is the way it used to be!)
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Default Not so fast! Part 4

Quote:
There you go:

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

I believe this is referring to Genesis 22, where God told Abraham to offer his son, which Hebrews 11 indicates is a pretty clear type of Christ.
There you go… What?

I gave you 39 books of the OT plus Matthew, Mark and Luke totaling 42 books of the bible to show me just one case of someone looking to the cross for salvation and you come up with Gal 3:8, with a; “There you go:”

Am I to guess to what exactly you’re pointing out in this verse? Are you again trying to make something out of the scripture ‘foreseeing’ something? Haven’t I already proved in previous posts that prophecy is a given! Are you reading something into the word ‘gospel’ that isn’t there? I already addressed the ‘gospel’ issue in a previous post and you never made one comment or challenge on it!

Jerry…here’s exactly why you haven’t, can’t or won’t fess up to not being able to come up with a single case of an OT saint looking to the cross for salvation, it contradicts and cuts to the very roots of typical Baptist theology! You are a typical Baptist graduate of the…

Baptist Theological Seminary of Non-Dispensational Truth
Baptist Theology 101
  • Thou shalt not be dispensational
  • Thou shalt not see more than one gospel in the scriptures
  • Thou shalt not accept the Lord’s choice of Matthias as the 12th apostle; Paul is.
  • Thou shalt make light of Pauline distinctives
  • Thou shalt trace thy roots to John the (a) Baptist
  • Thou shalt claim Baptist a non denomination

You do trace you’re Baptist roots to John the Baptist…right Jerry? You’re not a member of the Baptist Bride…are you?

Let’s review…and I’m not going to let you get away with something as I did before!

Luke 18:31-34 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
A. 34 And they understood none of these things
B. and this saying was hid from them,
C. neither knew they the things which were spoken
Jerry…do you comprehend the above passage!? Before the crucifixion, the Lord explicitly laid out before the apostles what was to be accomplished at Jerusalem as prophesied by the prophets! Jerry…do you comprehend what is meant by ‘neither knew they the things which were spoken’ and not just that, but what was just spoken was intentional ‘hid’ from them! See that Jerry?

Just in case there yet remains doubt, however possible, here’s one more passage, of several I could have listed, after the crucifixion regarding Peter and John as they approach the tomb:

John 20:8-9 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. 9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Jerry…I showed you this same fact in a previous post of before and after the crucifixion and you ignored it completely; you said nothing while still claiming an OT saint looked to the cross for salvation! Not this time! Perhaps this verse in a different color will shed a different light?

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Hmmm…how about that verse in this color…?

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

To believe that an OT saint got ‘saved’ looking to the cross when Christ’s own disciples didn’t get it after 3 years ministering with Him is incredible! Oh yes…I threw Matthew, Mark and Luke in there too; of course we do realize the time setting of these 3 books…don’t we?

Before I erase the circle that you’ve been running around in and paint you into a corner of a box let’s again, as before, consider 1Cor 15:1-4:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jerry…four critical points:

1. The Corinthians received a gospel from Paul by which they’re saved
2. Paul received his gospel from Christ
3. This gospel was prophesied
4. The components of Paul’s gospel are the death, burial & resurrection of Christ

And...Paul is very explicit about where he did and did not get his gospel from! He got it from Christ…not the 12 apostles!

Galatians 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There’s the painted four cornered box…now to stick your Baptist theology in a corner…

Again…as pointed out in a previous post that you ignored…all the while the elements of what Paul calls his gospel, the death, burial and resurrection of Christ were hid from Peter and company, Peter and company were preaching a gospel that they too received from the Lord Jesus!

Luke 9:1-6 1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Jerry…doesn’t bible sense tell you that if the twelve were oblivious to the elements of what we deem the gospel today then obviously what they received from the Lord Jesus, that was being received by their recipients (Jews), aren’t the same?!

Jerry…if you chose to respond to this post then I beg of you to show two things:
1. The components of that kingdom gospel…to preach the kingdom of God
2. Exactly how the recipients of that gospel where justified in God’s eyes

I’ve taken a guess to why you responded with Gal 3:8 which proved nothing! But, did you take note to the link between Gal 3:8 and Rom 3:30…the text that you fail (as most do) in seeing the distinction Paul makes between God’s justification of the Jew ‘by faith’ and the Gentile ‘through faith’ and then proves his case via Abraham and David in chapter 4…which you take out of context?

See if you can find this link?

Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

See it?

My previous posts dealt with the 'faith of God' and 'faith of man' under the OT. My next post, in turning the corner, will deal with ‘the faith of Christ’:

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Stvvv1611
2 Timothy 2:15