Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
John1717

Default God's perfect word a matter of interpretation?

This is a reply I received yesterday when trying to discuss God's PERFECT Word... The respondent said, "it's a matter of interpretation.."

I presented this,

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

He came back...

Quote:
God gave me quite a brain and I use it and God encourages me with private interpretation, in fact, private new creative interpretation. No way will I ever waste my time with a 2,000 year old five times translated in five different languages with other writers who had their own agenda when they wrote and translated that book. I speak to God every day and it's a very good relationship and I am a very articulate thinker with brains given to me by God. I don't allow my brain to be lock stepped into anyone's idea of what I must or must not think or believe.
Blessings on those who KNOW the TRUTH of God's Perfect Holy Word, and remember, it is because HE taught us the truth that we know the truth

An FYI, the respondent writes a column at News With Views

In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,
Craig