Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Atlas: ---- I have seen a copy of one at the Book store I used to work at. The print style and font and layout of the page are of the old style that you would see in books printed about 1900. I googled and found a link to the author/writer, and a link to a google source showing the Companion Bible starting at the Preface, and then going to Genesis. That way you can judge for yourself how your eyeballs like it.

BTW--- I agree that a Study or Reference Bible are a very nice thing to have, for the reasons you stated. The Companion Bible is the Dad/Older Brother to Scofield's edition.

You didn't ask,,, but I would suggest that you give a look-see to The Open Bible (in the KJV) published by Thomas Nelson. FULL of helps of all kinds ( Like the Thompson Chain-Reference Bible is) and it has a huge Cyclopedic Index up front so that you can look up and find bunches of things. Big difference between the Open and the Thompson is that Thompson has the references in the margins next to the Scripture. Open has the Index up front. Neither of them are Dispensationalist, but rather they encourage the reader to study/decide for himself/herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._W._Bullinger {Bio and links}

...and now for just about the lloonnggest web address ever:

http://books.google.com/books?id=OII...d=1_1#PPR15,M1

After all that typing I hope you click over there and read/look at the pages.

P.S. hmmm? Don't know how that happened, but I typed in the web address which was about 3 lines for the url and hit "submit reply" and only the first line shows as the link...
Yeah, the forums shortens it, but it works just fine. Also, I did post a link above which allows you to download the Companion Bible by books, in pdf format. I'm not sure if you can d/l it from google books.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-06-2009, 03:24 AM

Default Oops!

Stephanos: ---- Yo, dude... before anyone in your hometown sees the picture of the teddy bear next to your bed... yaa might wanna use that photo-edit thingy button ....

Never know,,,, there might be an NIV who will spread that picture around !
Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Stephanos: ---- Yo, dude... before anyone in your hometown sees the picture of the teddy bear next to your bed... yaa might wanna use that photo-edit thingy button ....

Never know,,,, there might be an NIV who will spread that picture around !
Hehe, sorry, ol' teddy bear stays right where he is. He's there to scare off the NIV and keep an eye on Ruckman

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 AM

PB1789,

Quote:
Atlas: ---- I have seen a copy of one at the Book store I used to work at. The print style and font and layout of the page are of the old style that you would see in books printed about 1900. I googled and found a link to the author/writer, and a link to a google source showing the Companion Bible starting at the Preface, and then going to Genesis. That way you can judge for yourself how your eyeballs like it.

I'll check it out. I was just wondering if it was worth the cash. I know many here are anti any study Bible. I have started what seems to be a Bible collection. I might as well get one and get it over with. I may try getting the The Open Bible as well. I still pretty much use the Old Scofield most all of the time. I always try to use the same Bible so I can transfer all of my notes from my old Bible to my new Bible. I do this about every 5 years or so. I retire them before they get to warn. What I really want is a Scofield Bible with a blank page in between ever page of text, but they are hard to find. if I ever find them I may by 6 or 8.

Atlas
Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM

Hmmm...teddy bear...so what's the problem?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM

Steve,

Quote:
Hmmm...teddy bear...so what's the problem?
I do not think you get it. It's a guard teddy bear!!!!!!

Quote:
ol' teddy bear stays right where he is. He's there to scare off the NIV and keep an eye on Ruckman

As you can see both Stephanos & Ruckman get attacked at night by the NIV that lives under Stephanos's bed, and only the teddy bear can protect them both!

Atlas
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I've also read that he taught a form annihilationism, although I couldn't find a reference to this.
Although some hyperdispensationalists eventually embrace annihilationalism (or sometimes universalism), I don't think Bullinger did. He did teach soul sleep, though.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 AM

Diligent,

Quote:
He did teach soul sleep, though.

That is not good at all!!!!! What were his thoughts on the Rich man and Lazarus? I'm just wondering how he over came that?

Atlas
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Steve,

I do not think you get it. It's a guard teddy bear!!!!!!

As you can see both Stephanos & Ruckman get attacked at night by the NIV that lives under Stephanos's bed, and only the teddy bear can protect them both!

Atlas

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that sounds scary!

Stephanos has a guard cat too though, so they're well protected!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
PB1789,

I'll check it out. I was just wondering if it was worth the cash. I know many here are anti any study Bible. I have started what seems to be a Bible collection. I might as well get one and get it over with. I may try getting the The Open Bible as well. I still pretty much use the Old Scofield most all of the time. I always try to use the same Bible so I can transfer all of my notes from my old Bible to my new Bible. I do this about every 5 years or so. I retire them before they get to warn. What I really want is a Scofield Bible with a blank page in between ever page of text, but they are hard to find. if I ever find them I may by 6 or 8.

Atlas
Yeah, I think it's worth getting one if you're a Bible collector like myself. The notes in the Companion Bible are pretty decent. You'd just have to use discernment when reading them.

Peace and Love,
Stephen