Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:38 PM

P.S.

If it comes out, it can be called the RSV2.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Bro. Tim,

Quote:
If it comes out, it can be called the RSV2.
It is coming out no doubt about this. When it is coming out is the issue. They are saying by the end of the year.

I do not have a problem with a study Bible. I know that Scofield's notes are not all 100% correct. I also think most folks know that also. My wife has a Thompson and it is a good Bible also. If you will go with the chain it can help you learn a few things. Like the faith chain in the Thompson is wonderful. If you go with it from the start till the end it will help you learn. It could also be done with a concordance. I do not see any difference. If you were to get all of Ruckman's books it would take up a little more than seven feet on your bookshelf. He has wrote many good books. I have a few of them and they are very good.

I do like the RSV2 comment, that is so funny my friend.

Atlas
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM

RSV Preface:
"The Revised Standard Version of the Bible is an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611....Yet the King James Version has grave defects."

RSV2 Possible Preface:
"The Authorized Version is inerrant, infallible, and perfect Word of God. There are no mistakes in it."

I hope the "RSV2" will be available in the Philippines when it comes out.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 AM

Atlas,
I agree with you 100% when you said that people hate Ruckman so much that they do not tell you "why" he believes that. When some people ask me what's my stand on certain things the Ruckman teaches, I give them what he teaches and why he teaches that and how he arrived to that particular teaching. Sometimes, they seem to be converted more to Ruckmanism than I am.
Well, I claim not to be a Ruckmanite, although I believe many things that he taught. As I see it, Ruckman doesn't mind people having different ideas, not until anyone tries to correct The Book of the Lord.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM

Biblestudent,

Quote:
RSV2 Possible Preface:
"The Authorized Version is inerrant, infallible, and perfect Word of God. There are no mistakes in it."
Good idea indeed. It will be a KJV study Bible that is for sure. Ruckman would never use anything else.

When it comes out you can order the The Ruckman Reference Bible from the bookstore just like you can all of Dr. Ruckman's books. You can order by phone or by mail. If you have a credit card you can order by phone. That is how I order all of my books from Dr. Ruckman.

http://www.kjv1611.org/

Atlas
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Credit cards seem to be not the "trend" in the village where I live, and postage is expensive. Plus, I've never tried buying anything through the net yet (Sounds "third world"?.)
I remember after Ruckman visited our place when I was in high school, he was sending some books for free to some pastors in the Philippines. That's how I was able to read some of his material. I don't know about today if he's still sending them. For the present, I just content myself with what's available on the net.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! I'll do that when I have $time$.

Last edited by Biblestudent; 03-11-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Biblestudent,

I have posted a link for all of his Bible Believer's Bulletin PDF Downloads on this site. If you'll PM me I'll give you my email address and I may can help you with some of his works.

Here is the link where you can get them for free.

http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/Bulletin%...oad%20Page.htm

Atlas
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 AM

Atlas,
Thanks for the link!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:33 PM

I can't wait for this to come out. Ruckman has encouraged me to read and study my Bible more than any person on this earth. He is truly a studier of the word of God. I hope this Bible has the cut outs on the side where you can thumb to the books of the Bible real fast. I don't know what you call them lol.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 AM

Cody,

I'll also be glad to see it come out. I have no idea if the RRB will have thumb index tabs or not. I hope is does also. I find them as a help to me because I am what I can a " flipper, " by flipper I mean I am all over the place when I study the Bible.

Quote:
I can't wait for this to come out. Ruckman has encouraged me to read and study my Bible more than any person on this earth.
Likewise, Dr Ruckman has helped me learn more about the Bible than any other person I have ever read after. he has helped me learn so many things I could never thank him enough. he is a wonderful Bible teacher and his books have been a big help.

Atlas