General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: Which name should the King James Bible have?
Authorized Version 3 33.33%
Authorized Version
3 33.33%
King James Version 2 22.22%
King James Version
2 22.22%
King James Authorized Version 1 11.11%
King James Authorized Version
1 11.11%
Other (Please say) 3 33.33%
Other (Please say)
3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Which name should the King James Bible have?

Most of us here believe the King James Bible to be the inerrant written Word of God, and this question is directed to those who believe so. I ask you my brethren, to imagine for a minute that you have your own printing press, publishing company, and could print your own Bibles. I know all of us would put the title Holy Bible on it, but that's not the question. I simply ask, what would you name it? King James Version? Authorized Version? Authorized King James Version? Other? The reason I ask this is that I think it would be a good blow to all theses modern perversions out there if we name it Authorized Version. If the Lord Jesus would one day have print His written Word, I would seriously consider naming the Bibles I would print as this. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm asking for yours, but only if you believe the King James Bible to be inerrant. I ask King James Bible critics, deniers, and doubters to refrain from voting.

*Please forgive me, I was trying to create a poll but I made a mistake and don't realy know how to. Brother Diligent, can you please help me?

Last edited by Rolando; 05-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-16-2009, 11:11 PM

Personally I think the KJV stands on it's own,it is sealed by The Holy Spirit,so I would leave it as it is.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Personally I think the KJV stands on it's own,it is sealed by The Holy Spirit,so I would leave it as it is.

Brother, I think you misunderstand me and the purpose of this topic. I believe that the King James Version is inerrant and it's sealed by the Holy Spirit. I believe it is the inspired and perfectly preserved written Word of God. My question was more related to what we prefer to call it. Authorized Version? King James Version? I'm not a Bible corrector, denier, or doubter. I simply prefer to call it Authorized Version. Again, my question was related to how you prefer calling our precious Bible.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:23 AM

Oh,now I see what you mean...my only excuse is I'm blonde and Mrs Hayseed.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 AM

The Word of God is good.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Oh,now I see what you mean...my only excuse is I'm blonde and Mrs Hayseed.
I apologize. I didn't know you were a sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777
The Word of God is good.
Amen brother!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Hello Rolando. I would vote for "Authorized Version".

In the U.K. ( Britain) they say/use the term "Authorized Version" or "AV". I think that is a good idea. The Triniterian Bible Society Bibles on the spine usually do not have anything except "Holy Bible" , and their newest edition says "Classic Reference Edition" . Cambridge and Oxford Press Bibles aimed at the U.S.A. market put "King James Version" on the boxes and the spines, but the ones sold in Britain ( and I think the British Commonwealth countries) say "Authorized Version" on theirs.

If anyone needs/wants to know who Authorized the translation... they can open up the front of the Bible and read the "Epistle Dedicatory".

Often it confuses several new/baby Christians when they think that a British King translated a Bible... and the Romanists/Jesuits still to this day love to insult the Authorized Version when they sneer out of their mouths: " King James' Bible ".

You may or may not know this { I always assume some new believer is reading the websites } --- But King James ( a new King of England and also King of Scotland ) was trying to have a Standard Version of the Bible that could be read in all the Churches/Kirks/Chapels in the land... a very good idea IMO. The gents who worked on the translation labored long and well. They took their jobs seriously. So did the new sitting Monarch King James VI of Scotland/James the 1st of England --- who was following the Reign of Queen Elizabeth ... who besides being the head of Government, is also called "The Defender of the Faith". By authorizing the one standard edition of the Bible to be used in the various Churches --- He helped to keep the foul rotten Jesuits and their Mary-worshiping pals across the English Channel, and Britain not under the chains of Popery, and bread worship.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Forum Administrator

I usually go with King James Bible. People know what it is.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 AM

I use King James Bible, because as Brandon said, it is most recognized. I actually like AV because it truly is "authorized", not by an earthly king, but by its Author.

People do get confused when we tag the initials with 1611, such as AV1611 or KJV1611. Most of us do not actually use the 1611 edition, either the first or second edition. Most use some variation of the 1769 editions. When I am being very specific, I use the title KJB-PCE, which is the edition that I use.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 AM

It might be an interesting trivia question to ask when the "titles" of the KJB first show up historically. The MVers get all bent out of shape (well... more than they normally already are ) when we use KJB instead of KJV, as if they are the determiners of all that is true and right.

I know that KJB/KJV is generally American while AV is generally the British norm, but neither is the original, official title.